[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He is a legendary general and war hero. Where the fuck is his funeral?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1450910075178.jpg (62 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450910075178.jpg
62 KB, 960x960
He is a legendary general and war hero. Where the fuck is his funeral?
>>
In the next movie.
>>
Somewhere in Wookieededia
>>
More importantly, why the fuck would his infamous and very distinct spaceship be sitting in a scrapyard with no one batting an eye?
>>
There is no body.
>>
>>64380169
>Luke called it Junk in a new hope

I don't think it was suppose to be spaceship jesus
>>
>>64380169

Because no one knew where it was. He blamed Chewie for not checking the Outer Rim territories.
>>
>>64380130

It either opens the next movie or will be where we first see the resistance characters.
>>
>>64380130
this movie wasn't about "characters" or "story" it was about hitting a series of stylistic "moments" correctly and keeping everything ambiguous enough to force people to watch the next movie before being able to form any valid criticism of the writing.
>>
He literally fell down a cannon that was later blown up completely
>>
>>64380189

It was spaceship jesus twice before, and it made a fucking mockery out of star destroyers in a legendary high speed chase across the galaxy. There should be a picture of it on every school book and data file for the rest of recorded history.
>>
YUB NUB
>>
>>64380227
wasn't it on a planet where people thought han solo and the jedi were myths I doubt they would of known about the falcon
>>
>>64380192

But how did it get there in the first place? If Han Solo is a renowned war hero known across the galaxy, then his ship would be worth a fortune or at the very least be turning heads, even if he lost it somehow.
>>
>>64380227
like people should know about battle droids and jedi councils and kamino clone armies...
>>
>>64380275

Rey knew who Han Solo was and what the Millenium Falcon is famous for, so its likely that whatever education system that is on that shithole of a planet is probably third world tier. Thats basically the equivalent of an African kid wearing a Micheal Jordan jersey and hearing of his basketball legend without ever seeing a picture of him.
>>
>>64380322

Luke was a dirt farmer for some 16 years and he knew about the Clone Wars.
>>
It will be the opening scene of the next movie.

Maybe
>>
>>64380332
maybe it's another running joke, like how luke knew about the millenium falcon but didn't recognize it because it was a hunk of junk" just a thought.
>>
>>64380380

Actually its like poetry because it rhymes
>>
HAN LIIIIIIVES
>>
>>64380169
Because the Millennium Falcon is a really common cargo ship in the Star Wars universe. No one would bat an eye if they saw a shitty box truck in a scrap yard.
>>
>>64380509
you mean the yt1300 you cuck
>>
TWELVE
>>
>>64380509
If so why not buy a new one, The mustang you won gambling get's stolen, so instead of getting a new one you keep looking for the old POS you lost.
Bravo JJ
>>
>>64382530
The Falcon is unique because of heavy aftermarket modifications. A stock YT-1300 would be shit in comparison.

But to any onlooker, it's not very different.
>>
>>64382556
The buy a new one and modify it, or keep looking for a 40 year old ship.
>>
>>64382609
I think Lando is the one who modified it, not Han. He would need him to do it.
>>
File: fug.jpg (106 KB, 347x311) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
106 KB, 347x311
>>64382629
Sentimental value.
>>
>>64382609
Sentimental value means a lot.
>>
>>64380227
I have seen no evidence of there being any school in Star Wars that isn't specific job training, like flight academy, or some sort of apprenticeship.
>>
I guess you have to wait until Episode VIII to find out :^)
>>
>>64382691
How much civilized day to day life do we really see in Star Wars though? The series doesn't focus much on the goings on of regular citizens.
>>
>5+ planets, including the center of all galactic civilization with trillions/quadrillions of lives on it destroyed
>hold a party cause you blew up a first order base
wew
>>
>>64380130
quote from man...
>>
>>64380130
he is just a wannabe of commando
>>
Chewie and Leia didn't even really care much that he was dead, why would anyone else bother caring?
>>
>>64380151
>implying they won't just wrap it up in the opening crawl
>>
>>64380169
Why are you going inventing some plot holes where there are none? 4chan is a dark pit of reason and good taste

It obviously belonged to that Jakkuan smuggler that pays Rey in portions for her parts. Its all explained.
If you really believe anyone would pay some insanely large amount of money for that piece of junk, even if famous, you're wrong. Especially because a) Han Solo is still alive, b) not many people even know details about it, c) why would the Resistance invest a lot of money into buying that almost unusable ship
>>
>>64380130
Yeah, sorry, billions of people just go murdered last week.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 306x153) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 306x153
>>64383280
>It obviously belonged to that Jakkuan smuggler that pays Rey in portions for her parts. Its all explained.

yeah it was, it was stolen and you'd think the resistance would have operatives everywhere trying to look for the ship that took out two fucking space stations

>If you really believe anyone would pay some insanely large amount of money for that piece of junk, even if famous, you're wrong. Especially because
a) Han Solo is still alive,

thats exactly why the resistance would either pay to get it back or just straight up steal it back

> b) not many people even know details about it.

Han seemed to know how it got stolen, he should've told the resistance to keep an eye out for it

>c) why would the Resistance invest a lot of money into buying that almost unusable ship

>one of the fastest and stealthy ships in the galaxy
>unusable
>>
>>64382530
"i've made a lot of special modifications myself"
>>
an Arc they should of added in was Han Solo's anger at Luke for teaching his son a 'hokey religion and ancient weapon' that led to him becoming a 'monster'

I enjoyed the movie, I can see why they didn't touch more on the OT as they are trying to start a new adventure with new characters.
>>
>>64383629
I thin the "hokey religion" reasoning stopped being a thing for Han after Luke staring moving shit around with his mind.
>>
>>64380130
>dead
>mpgnalnying
>>
>>64383702
He referred to it as mumbo jumbo in Force Awakens as well, its a little bit like I tolerate islam's right to exist be I dont believe in it
>>
THIS IS THE MILLENIUM FALCON! YOU'RE HAN SOLO!
>>
>>64383454

Leia runs the Resistance which runs on donations, so she probably was not too keen about seeing anything which reminds her of Han or Ben. She also probably told everyone that Han was a moron.

>when did that ever help? don't say the Death Star
Tatooine? Yavin? The far side of Yavin? Hoth? The asteroid belt? That one time when the Falc was lent to Lando? The forests of Endor? But noooooo lets bring up the one time you ended up smelling like shit!
>>
>>64380169
YT-1300 Corilliean starships aren't uncommon, numbnuts.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 620x465
>>64380182
You still hold funerals for people who are obviously dead. Bringing back Han Solo now would be a retarded attempt to turn him into Luke.
>>
>>64382530
He did get a new ship, though, despite being broke enough that he's double-dealing with kanjiklub. But if I buy a new car, then one day I see some bitch driving around in my stolen car, you bet your ass I'm going to get it back.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.