[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please explain to me how this show is funny.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: seinfeld.jpg (39 KB, 588x285) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.jpg
39 KB, 588x285
Please explain to me how this show is funny.
>>
George
>>
>>64377588
Things that happen to people every day, that are usually barely glossed over, become a huge deal in this show. It's been called the show "about nothing", with "nothing" meaning pointless things. It came out at a time when most TV sitcoms were about more serious topics aimed at an older audience, and they didn't relate to young adults.

The humor derives from the ridiculousness of the character's desires for seemingly meaningless shit, and things going wrong. Such as George trying to save an arcade machine with his highest score, or Kramer dealing with the New York winter by having his jacket oven cooked by a Pizzaria.
>>
You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?
>>
>>64377610
/thread
>>
>>64378690
Hello reddit
>>
>>64378841
>You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?

Anyone who hasnt ever busted out this line on a girl when she asks for dirty talk isn't living life.
>>
>>64377588

It's not. It's one of those things old people have meme'd into being considered good, like A Christmas Story, The Princess Bride, or anything Charlie Brown related.
>>
>>64377610
This. Show should have been about George.
>>
DUDE JEWS LMAO

It's a slice of life serie, new york jews style.
>>
>>64378690
That's literally no different from any other sitcom scenario you moron.

>>64381089
Has the right idea. Everyone just fell for the lamest meme in the book. Sage and report this crud thread or else I'll beat the snot out of you.
>>
Two things that I loved were that it was about mundane shit like waiting in Chinese restaurant AND that these were selfish adults. That was so cool at the time.

You have to understand this was around the time when family sitcoms ruled television. Only one or two were good - I'll go with Roseanne and Family Ties (which ended in the '80s anyway). However, the majority were absolute shit: Growing Pains, Who's the Boss, Alf...

To see a sitcom about a comedian stealing a Nazi's limo or being shot to death for stealing cable or just wandering around in a car park was an incredible breathe of fresh air.

It's so odd now because we have all these sitcoms about adult/singles life thanks to Seinfeld (and Friends) but they're just as shit as all those family sitcoms I mentioned above.
>>
>>64377588
Ted Danson
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.