[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who portrayed the best Hannibal Lecter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Hannibal_Lecter[1].png (800 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal_Lecter[1].png
800 KB, 800x600
Who portrayed the best Hannibal Lecter?
>>
Your mom after she ate my meat
>>
>>64370839
your english teacher appearntly
>>
Mads
>>
M A D S
A
D
S
>>
MADS
>>
Mmmmads~
>>
>>64370839
Brian Cox felt the most real. Scarier than Anth-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-thony Hopkins imo desu.
>>
>>64370839
Cox. Who's the lo on the bottom lef?.
>>
>>64370839
hopkins, easy
>>
>>64371343
Gaspard Ulliel. He was in Hannibal Rising which is a shitty origins film.
>>
>>64371445

Ah
>>
>>64371160
undertoasted roast
>>
reddit: Mads
4chan: Hopkins
>>
>>64370839

They're all pretty awesome in their own way. Hopkins was the responsible for bringing the character to stardom, but my favorite version right now is Mads'
>>
>>64371768
I've never felt happier for liking Cox.
>>
Mads would have a decent shot if he didn't portray him in a shit basic cable show. Television is for plebs.
>>
>>64371768
obviously you've never posted in a Hannibal thread here.
>>
>>64370839
I like Cox and it's not his fault but I hate his cell and the prison in general. All of that detracted from his performance. Hopkins was good, maybe not as good as Cox but the ambiance around him was always so good. I'm going with Hopkins.
>>
Hopkins. Manhunter was shit compared to Silence of the Lambs. Everything about it. I'm not going to watch some shitty basic cable TV show. The prick in the prequel was ass. Terrible movie.
>>
>>64372610
Awful opinions. And Hannibal wasn't basic cable
>>
>>64372674
It was a network television crime procedural which is even lower on the artistic spectrum.
>>
>>64371827

you are mom loves Cox too.
>>
>>64370839
Hopkins obviously. Cox actually wasn't too bad either, I'd put him in second place. The rest are just too silly to consider.
>>
>>64370839
Hopkins no contest.

On another note, I'm not sure how they managed to fuck up hannibal rising in such a colossally fantastic way. The subject matter is great, but for some reason they thought everybody going to watch a movie about a budding psychopath was more interested in character development and some half-baked romance plot.

fucking directors use their chance to play out their pretensions and dreams of making it big instead of recognising what their audience is buying a ticket for.
>>
>>64372802
Hopkins was great, but he was the "silliest" of the bunch. He got more and more over-the-top with each film.
>>
>>64372911
What do you mean with each film, there were only two.
>>
>>64372911
How was he over the top?
>>
>>64372975
Come on, Hannibal wasn't as good as SotL and Red Dragon, but we don't have to pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>64372987
Not him, but he turns into a bit of a silly superhero in Hannibal, which I didn't mind personally. I thought his final escape was one of the most romantic scenes in film history, and they managed to adapt the incredible shittiness of the book quite well by cutting out the more unpalatable bits.

>>64373075
I honestly forgot about Red Dragon even existing and I can't recall a single scene with Hopkins from it.
>>
>>64373180

Hannibal is the best after Silence of the Lambs, imo. Didn't care about the character change of Clarice, Ray Liotta was great, Gary Oldman was phenomenal as Mason Verger, and I really liked the cat and mouse shit with the Italian police.

As far as Red Dragon I only remember the scene where he's walking around chained up in a gymnasium.
>>
>>64373353
>As far as Red Dragon I only remember the scene where he's walking around chained up in a gymnasium.
Oh I remembered that now. What the fuck does he even do the entire movie, is he locked up all the time?
>>
>>64373400
Yeah. I forgot that they showed his capture since this was a prequel to Silence of the Lambs. Norton's character catches him, gets him thrown in prison, and then consults him occasionally for the Tooth Fairy killer.
>>
>>64371106
underrated
>>
Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight Will?

It appears quite black
>>
>>64371768
Reddit: Hopkins
Tumblr: Mads
4chan: Cox
9gag: other guy
>>
>>64372699
>LE FUGG LE BROCEDURALS XDXD

kys
>>
I find it hard to make a choice between Madds and Hopkins
>>
>>64372699

Your loss. As if the show wasn't surreal enough it survived on network television for 3 seasons despite shit ratings and its subject material.

It was also a quality show
>>
anyone saying mads over hopkins is a fucking retard

honestly
>>
>>64370839
I really enjoyed Mads, he had this depth and this charisma about him that while at times it would be obvious that he is a killer. But I could see how people could be blinded by this fascinating foreign man. While with Hopkins, he is this laughable Saturday morning cartoon villain.

>But Anon that's cause he was caught and didn't have to hide anymore
Yes but he is supposed to be this classy, debonair man. When Mads Hannibal was caught he revealed himself fully, but he was still charming and witty as hell.

>inb4 tips fedora

I just really enjoyed Mads.
>>
>>64372814
Hannibal Rising is a fairly accurate adaption of the novel, which I'm pretty sure Harris was forced under contract to write, so he said fuck it and made it about Hannibal being a sexy samurai teen cannibal
>>
>>64376666
checked.

Also, to each of their own merit, excluding the hannibal rising guy.
>>
>>64370839
They all brought something interesting to the table. Except for the Rising faggot. He was shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nyqohneSuj1ufjp4qo1_500.png (83 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqohneSuj1ufjp4qo1_500.png
83 KB, 480x360
>>64371210
>>64371293
>>64371331
>>64371332
>>64372674
>>64374988
>>64375254

tumblerina landwhales on fannibal crusade. Hannibal was a colossal yaoi shlick fantasy and you know it.
>>
Cox was the best. The dude actually looked and acted like a fucking psycho, Hopkins just seems like he's enjoying being pretentious and smug.

>Would you like to leave me your home phone number?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.