[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have dogs in the first place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: the_thing_dog[1].jpg (284 KB, 1200x485) Image search: [Google]
the_thing_dog[1].jpg
284 KB, 1200x485
Why did they have dogs in the first place?
>>
>>64370175
Never know when a dog might come in handy.
>>
>why have sled dogs in a snowy place?
>>
>>64370198
Explain tho. What could 5 dogs in a research camp in Antarctica do?

>>64370229
They aren't sled dogs though, they have tractors and a helicopter
>>
>>64370252
Provide an interesting plot point in the movie? It's not real life, anon.
>>
>>64370252

They also had a sled, which you can see in a few shots
>>
>>64370296
I know it's not real life, it just doesn't make any sense in the movie. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a deus ex machina or not
>>
Dogs are cheaper than a shrink
>>
>>64370394
>why would they have snow dogs in a place filled with snow

sleds. they don't have cars and you can't burn helicopter fuel everytime you need to go somewhere.
>>
>>64370175
>"Look, I don't know what the hell this The Thing™ is, but we're gonna kill it!

Really, Carpenter? Fucking really?
>>
>>64370394
not even close to a deus ex machina. aside from the fact that having snow dogs makes complete sense, the movie would've worked without it by having one of the russians from the other camp bring it in. the heli shooting at the dog didn't further the plot, it could've just as easily walked in.
>>
>>64370381
This, it's not always convenient to waste the resources of the tractors or helicopter, some treks are better suited for dogsleds. Also, suppose the tractor broke down, without dogsleds they'd be fucked.
>>
>>64370296

>>64370252

Fuel always runs out you fucktards. Dogs have been used since centuries ago because they can withstand freezing temperatures waaay better than we humans. And before you start bitching about flamethrowers, they are used to melt ice in runways or installations you cucks.

Fucking morons
>>
>>64370381
>>64370439
I just watched it, do you know about where you see the sled? My guess is in the supply room scene
Great point though, I'll have to look for that the next time I see it

>>64370569
But also I don't see why they'd even need sled dogs. Their camp is pretty small and any landmark is MILES away. They're in the middle of nowhere. Chill out. Don't ever respond to my post again etc.

>>64370430
In the commentary, Clark (the tallest one with the flannel shirt) was originally going to be in a innapropriate relationship with the dogs or something. That's why he's always going right to them instead of helping others, and tried to stop Mac from putting that one down

>>64370495
They're Norwegian, Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_285hGXW0

>>64370445
Bravo Carpenter
>>
>>64370394
Do you even know what deus ex machina means?
>>
Literally the best canine actor in history.

That long shot where it's walking down the hall and looking through doors, it doesn't look at the crew or miss a mark even once. I swear it's like that dog understood what the fuck a movie was.
>>
>>64370594
Yeah a gay lil fagboy like you who don't know how the world works would be spouting some gay lil fagboy meme. Lol I bet you'd like it if I fucked you in the ass fagboy huh? Mmmmmmmm yeah that'd be great if I filled you up like a creampuff? Fucking homo.
>>
>>64370430
What the fuck is a shrink
>>
>>64370175
dogs are the best :3
>>
>>64370657
>>64370626
K

>>64370685
It's the opposite of a grow

>>64370706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE
>>
>>64370594
>That's why he's always going right to them instead of helping others, and tried to stop Mac from putting that one down
Or he just fucking likes dogs, Jesus. It's been a while since I watched the commentary, but I have to admit, I don't remember that bit.
>>
>>64370685
Someone you pay money to sit there and listen while you spill all your pathetic little problems. Literally that is all they are, they don't even give you advice or help you at all.
>>
>>64370594
>Their camp is pretty small and any landmark is MILES away.
Dude, the Iditarod sled race is literally over 1000 miles long. Being MILES away isn't an issue for a dog sled.
>>
>>64370594
If he rapes the dogs he clearly wouldn't care about them. He probably just likes dogs
>>
>>64370785
Try harder :)
>>
>>64370764
Wow. People get paid for that?
>>
File: tha thang.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tha thang.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
ok guys, OP's question was retarded, but at least now we have a Thing discussion thread

was he The Thang?
>>
>>64370806
What?
>>
>>64370835
The guy who drank the oil was the fucking thing
>>
>>64370836
nevermind the retards, just nod and move along
>>
>>64370870
The molotov theory is silly. Mac opens the bottle and is bringing it to his lips to take a drink before Childs walks up.
>>
>>64370594

You sound like an autist
>>
>>64370832
It's an American thing.
>>
>>64370175
>that pic
https://youtu.be/8faq5amdK30
>>
>>64370870
There's literally no evidence to support that Mac ever filled the bottle up with oil.
>>
>>64370907
I guessed as much
>>
>>64370569
>getting this buttblasted over autist shitposting

you're not going to last long here, redditor
>>
>>64370790
Yeah, he never acted weirdly. A dogfucker would be fairly easy to spot
>>
>>64370974
He's simply the dog caretaker and got really attached to them, which is reasonable behavior.
>>
>>64370935
Yes there is
>>
>>64371035
I think it's just that guys fanfiction
>>
>>64370175
What was the point of 'The thing'? What was its end-game goal?
>>
>>64371056
No there isn't. It's just a baseless assumption retards made because they were throwing molotovs earlier.
>>
>>64371119
to replicate, survive, and eventually destroy the planet inevitably
>>
>>64371119
To achieve world peace by assimilating everyone.
>>
>>64371191
So the Thing was the good guy all along. At last i truly see.
>>
File: community-season-six.jpg (148 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
community-season-six.jpg
148 KB, 650x400
>>64370835
Of course he was The Thing.

Pic related.
>>
>>64371135
Ok! Ok!! Ok...
You got a chuckle out of me I'll admit...
Where do I even begin in this adhomenim meme strewn mess? First off, you are arguing a moot point. Look at the obvious, the Molotov scene is there for a reason, filmmaking 101. Ouch. That was a smack to your face wasn't it? While you are reeling from that fucking truth blow, seeing your pathetic argument shatter before you, revealing ultimately a crying little faggot baby that you are. But I don't let you recover. Oh no no no no! Your fucking philistine stupidity must be punished! Your sad, juvenile little perception that you are better then me. I can already deduce from that you likely have autism, and reel in self doubt. Whack. You are on the fucking floor. Right now, you are on the fucking floor. You are on the fucking floor reeling like a fucking pig. Oink fucking oink. For me to go on and pick apart the pathetic puke that is your argument would be simple torture. Not necessary. I never said I was kind. I am going to make you see just how much of a pathetic, fucking, little, crybaby, you are. You are attempting to control me, likely because you have no control in your piss puddle life. Won't work pal. You are wrong. You are fucking wrong. Ding ding fucking ding. Fights over. You are knocked the fuck out. Well done I say though, well done. You have managed to fucking humiliate yourself in front of this whole board. Round of applause? You are in exile. Your fucking IP is eternal mockery. Go on. Get a new one. The fucking shame and embarrassment of what I have fucking done to you today will stop you, you pathetic little boy. You will be too fucking weak to do it. That's my power. Intelligent, sociopathic, and a twisted fucking mind. You are fucking cursed forever. You could have stopped your half witted fucking juvenile foray into a proper mans debate, you could have admitted defeat when I bested you. But in your tiny ego driven mind you couldn't. And you paid the fucking price.
>>
I want to write a The Thing sequel. I really do. I know it doesn't need to be made, but The Thing is practically its own genre in storytelling. People ape it all the damn time without understanding the practical functions of the film that made it work. I guess you could say wanting to write a sequel means I missed it too, but like...

So many cool things could be done with this film.

The Thing on an Antarctic ice breaker, the opening shot could be Mac dragging Childs in a sled, it could be ambiguous which one of them if either is a Thing or if it's both, fires would have to be started instead of carried, there would have to be constant, sleepless vigils to make sure not the slightest particle of this monster touches the water... I just love this movie.

They had dogs to pull sleds that would carry things too heavy to be carried on foot but not important enough to be carried on helicopter or automotive vehicle, you fuckwit. They had flammenwerfers to melt ice. They had guns because this took place during the Cold War and it was a United States research facility receiving government grants to fund its activities like every other research facility, Copper had a revolver for the same reason any other American gun owner has guns, they had TNT and grenades (and some guns, yes) to clear away avalanche risks as well as break through ice when building or researching or conducting experiments.
>>
>>64371597
Did you watch the Hateful Eight?
>>
Is the newer movie any good?
>>
>>64371898
no
>>
>>64370175

They are fucking sled dogs you idiot.
>>
>>64371797
Not yet, why?
>>
File: SNOW_DAGS.jpg (38 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
SNOW_DAGS.jpg
38 KB, 550x412
>>64370175
To pull sleds
>>
>>64372172
Tarantino's take on The Thing.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.