[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Face it, none of the star wars movies are very good. A New Hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 005-star-wars-theredlist.jpg (2 MB, 2758x2224) Image search: [Google]
005-star-wars-theredlist.jpg
2 MB, 2758x2224
Face it, none of the star wars movies are very good. A New Hope was good for what it was, a weekend space adventure for kids - past that everything pretty much sucked.
>>
>>64367873
You're right, it wasn't a landmark film that revolutionized the sci-fi genre or anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 620x300
You mirin' that ivy?
>>
>>64367926
>landmark
>revolutionized
>genre

reddit with the buzzwords
>>
You are right. Almost a billion people love it for no reason.
>>
File: 1373478329-2001ASpace-o.jpg (50 KB, 333x475) Image search: [Google]
1373478329-2001ASpace-o.jpg
50 KB, 333x475
>>64367926
There's only one film responsible for that.
>>
>>64367873
I see the fedora. I see the neckbeard.
>>
>>64367926
To be fair, you don't need to be good to revolutionize anything.

Avatar introduced 3D technology, but it was the blandest possible movie you could make.
>>
>>64367990
>muh 6 trillion Elvis fans can't be wrong!
>>
Empire Strikes Back has a ton of artistic merit.
>>
File: starwars.gif (10 KB, 591x303) Image search: [Google]
starwars.gif
10 KB, 591x303
>>64367990
Refer to this picture I made
>>
>>64368090
nice picture but it's not based on anything.
>>
Earlier today I was wondering whether it makes sense to say a work that is so burned into our collective memory like the original Star Wars triology can be good or bad or anything.

You can discuss the technicaly aspects and maybe that's interesting to people who are into these kind of things, but in general the work just _is_. There isn't really much to be said about it, or scores to be given or reviews to be written.
>>
>>64368129
Billions of people love star wars but these people are also brainless idiots

It's no different to minions
>>
>>64367990

Justin Bieber can't be shit then.
>>
>>64368196
average IQ does not equal brainless idiot, idiot.
>>
>>64368196
glad to see people still don't bother criticizing the actual content of a film. no, that would be too difficult for you, even a kids movie like star wars is over your head.
>>
>>64367990

Just because I saw it twice doesn't mean that it wasn't bad.
>>
>>64368348
>glad to see people still don't bother criticizing the actual content of a film.
The only content of any worth from star wars as a whole is the music
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.