[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Perhaps we should consider going back to a cloned army Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>Perhaps we should consider going back to a cloned army

Why did they stop using clones in the first place?
>>
Their anvils were stolen by The Anvil Hoarder (1930)
>>
>>64367842
getting a recruit is a lot cheaper than making a clone
>>
File: 54321.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
54321.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>>64367885
Jesus fucking christ, this place is getting worse every year it passes
>>
File: asdfasdfasdf.gif (554 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasdf.gif
554 KB, 250x188
>>64367842
budget limitations
>>
>>64367885
HAHAHA WOW THATS SO FUNNY FUNB SAEHT54[Y7qwb FUCK YOU
>>
>>64367842
HEY BUDDY WATCH THe SEQuEL TO FIND OUT!
>>
>>64367885
>>64367941
>>64368002
Did I miss a dank meme?
>>
>>64367896
>they were taken from their parents at birth and raised to be absolutely loyal to the First Order.

Raising a child from infancy into adulthood sounds a lot more expensive than having accelerated grown soldiers from tubes.
>>
Was that the only nod to the prequels in this film?
>>
>>64367885
Don't you ever post in my fucking thread again unless you're contributing to it.
>>
>>64368256
They never said their growth wasn't accelerated though
>>
>>64367885

Ebin maymay, m8. I rate it forced/10.
>>
>>64368325
Don't you ever use my anvil ever again unless you're contributing quality weaponry..
>>
well first all JJ was a hack

if he wanted to steal ideas from EU, he could have stolen the fact that Thrawn built a time machine and a clone of Luke skywalker named Luuuke skywalker and transported clones from the past
>>
>>64368340
>The Kaminoans resorted to growth acceleration in order to create mature clones in half of the time that it took for a normal Human to reach maturity
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper
>>
>>64368256
Clones lack in genetic variation. A biological weapon is more likely to be used on clones than on a genetically varied soldier caste.
>>
>>64368427
When, in the entire history of the films, are biological weapons used?
>>
Granted it's been ages since I read the EU story that addressed it, but basically:

1. They only had a finite amount of Jango's DNA to work with to create the clones and they eventually exhausted their supply

2. Their suppy of Jango DNA got contaminated/destroyed by renegade Clone Troopers who managed to avoid having their secret programming triggered, in retaliation towards Palpatine using the Clone army as pawns to murder their Jedi masters.
>>
They might have come to the conclusion that having genetic variance makes for a stronger army after all. If everyone is based on the same genetic template they may not specialize as effectively. Like if the original is not a great sharpshooter you'll just not have great sharpshooters in your army.
>>
>>64367885
Lol nice one
>>
>>64368456
They're used in the Clone Wars television show.
Which is also canon.
>>
>>64368501
>that blue smoke plague
>>
>>64368501
So never, then.
>>
>>64368529
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bioweapon
>>
>>64367842
To cast a black guy because that's what the script called for. (Not the black guy but using a tropper)
>>
>>64368540
Clone Wars are canon, young padawan.
>>
>>64368414
Why didn't they just use child soldiers? That's what Africa does, and children don't even bat an eye when committing atrocities. Also, the Hitler Youth had the highest K:D ratio of any modern soldiers.
>>
>>64368587
Are you illiterate?
>When, in the entire history of the films, are biological weapons used?
>in the entire history of the films
>films
>>
>>64368282
There's a "You will try" reference in the first 5 minutes.
>>
>>64368427

When has genetic variation ever stopped a bioweapon from being successful?

Human beings are over 99% genetically identical. You can't be immune to Mustard Gas. If anything, having complete control over the DNA of your army would be an advantage.
>>
Why not clone an army of subservient Wookiees?
>>
File: dsafdsaf.jpg (88 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
dsafdsaf.jpg
88 KB, 600x567
Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center went out of business so they couldn't make any more clones.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.