[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got this for Christmas, only ever seen Fargo, what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 1237x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 1237x1500
Got this for Christmas, only ever seen Fargo, what am I in for?

Great deal btw it was apparently only $15
>>
>>64359585
Go watch Barton Fink and No Country for Old Men
>>
>>64359585

That cover is awful. But those are decent flicks and among the least known from the Coen, which is nice. You're in for a bunch of good movies.
>>
>>64359863
I've seen No Country. Barton Fink doesn't look interesting to me.
>>
>>64359585
Raising Arizona gets pretty good reviews from everybody I know. I don't get what a so great about it but I seem to be in the minority.

At the very least Nick Cage is really good in it.
>>
>>64359935

It's not one of their best, but it's a solid movie. It was their first comedy, so at the time it was released it really impressed everyone, and that's why you'll meet a lot of people who have it on their "all-time favorites" list. They've done better movies since, but imo Raising Arizona still holds up pretty well
>>
Blood Simple is great, has an incredibly tense atmosphere
Fargo is the 2nd best Coen film

Miller's Crossing and Raising Arizona are mediocre (in the Coen's filmography at least)
>>
Blood Simple is a great thriller

I wasnt crazy about Miller's Crossing but its worth watching
>>
>>64359585
Blood Simple is so underrated
>>
I think Miller's Crossing is one of their best films.
>>
>>64359930
Barton Fink is one of their best imho
>>
Shame they're going the "meme" route with their new flick. Puzzling directors, they follow a cycle of making a masterpiece and then following it up with absolute irredeemable garbage.

The world would be a better place if everybody who likes True Grit, The Big Lebowski, Burn after Reading, Ladykillers, Raising Arizona, Hudsucker Proxy, Intolerable Cruelty and O Brother where are thou was riddled with bullets. It would bring me genuine glee to see them destroyed. Any other directors who had made so many terrible movies would deserve to be murders, but the funny thing with the Coen's is that their other movies are some of the best american cinema of all time so it's impossible to dismiss them. You just have to sit through the memes to get to their next Inside Llewyn Davis, A Serious Man or No Country For Old Men.
>>
File: 89892323.jpg (115 KB, 1020x563) Image search: [Google]
89892323.jpg
115 KB, 1020x563
>>64360469
Have you considered writing a memwah?
>>
>>64359935
I'm excited to watch a Coen Nick Cage comedy.

>>64359914
I think the cover is silly.

>>64360013
>>64360096
Excited for Blood Simple and I was really interested in Miller's Crossing after watching the second season of Fargo.
>>
>>64360469

inside llewyn davis is a character study on an incredibly one note and boring character.
>>
>>64360469
this guy doesn't like the big lebowski lol
>>
>>64360469
You're no fun and probably annoying to talk to irl.

Fuck you The Big Lebowski, Burn After Reading and O Brother Where Art Thou are great and you're just an annoying faggot
>>
>>64360806
>boring as a criticism
Cinema isn't there to entertain you. This isn't your video games. Life is boring and draining and art is allowed to reflect that.
>>
>>64359585
>tfw your parents leave the price stickers on your christmas gifts

the.fucking.mind.games.never.stop
>>
>>64359930
youre just a prick
you dont know best
fucking infant
>>
>>64360790
>I'm excited to watch a Coen Nick Cage comedy.
so reddit it hurts
this board is dead as dead can be
fucking memeboys
>>
>>64361027
>le one tru god
I watched Raising Arizona again recently and the whole thing is tailor made for the "reddit" sensibility crowd. You can practically hear that "upvote reddit style" song blaring out at you from your television for the entire 90 minutes.
>>
>>64361027
>mommy my special secret image board is more well known make them go away

you are literally such a faggot that anti-smoking ads just show a picture of you with the headline "would you want this life?"
>>
>>64361139
>reddit is everyone else outside of /tv/
reddit is reddit
1 downboat
>>
>>64359585
All of you need to calm down.

We all like Coen bros. movies, just different ones for different reasons.

We're all in the same boat, fellas.
>>
>>64359930
lmao
>>
>>64362058
youre the reason that opinions are considered triggers
disgusting
>>
>>64362058
>We all like Coen bros. movies
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>64359935
>>64360010

raising arizona its their worst imo
>>
File: 1427778067951.jpg (65 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1427778067951.jpg
65 KB, 480x640
>>64362058
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.