[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>build fuckhuge meme cannon through a planet >if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: logic.png (128 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
logic.png
128 KB, 300x207
>build fuckhuge meme cannon through a planet

>if you blow up one little small section of it the entire planet implodes

>there's probably enough room for hundreds of millions of troops and ships and anti-ship armament that could melt things far from it's orbit

>they send an attack squadron with like 30 guys

>and 4 people on foot to the undoubtedly most important and heavily garrisoned place on the planet

>and win
>>
>meme cannon
please explain to me how the cannon is a meme
>>
>>64359122
IT HARNESSES THE POWER OF THE SUN.

KHAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>64359122
Not OP but I like the term "meme cannon"
>>
>>64359122
It's nothing but a contrived plot gimmick, ergo a meme.
>>
>>64359045
[Spoiler]Tell that to kanjiclub
>>
>>64359045
I never thought about that, but yeah. I guess with the weak point being on the outside.... that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>64359045

Just as ridiculous as the battle of endor desu senpai

Star Wars is science-fantasy
>>
>>64359045
There was only a few hundred troops stationed there. TFO needed to keep it a secret, so they weren't gonna put all their eggs in one basket.
>>
>terrorrist group blows up republic capital
> rather than dropping several billion megatons of freedom and democracy on them the republic relies on a rag tag band of geriatrics and randomers to meme their way to an exhaust port again
>>
>>64359122
it does the same thing as the death star which was much smaller. Does anyone know the refractory period on the death star and the meme cannon?

The meme cannon can take out like 4 or 5 planets at once I guess but if the ds can take out the same amount in a shorter time it's pointless
>>
>>64359139

Which sun though?

Does it harvest its own sun? If so then how will the people on the planet survive after the blast? The sun is pretty goddamn important for ecosystems.

Does it harvest other systems' suns? If so how the hell does it get there in the first place? It's a planet not a spaceship.

The entire concept of this thing is baffling.
>>
>>64359167
But a meme is not a gimmick you fucking retard.
>>
>>64359122
It fires memes.
>>
>>64359187
at least the weak point was on the inside in Endor, they even attacked with a bunch of capitol ships
>>
>>64359263
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64359343
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64359187
How so?

It makes some sense in the originals as they have an empire to maintain so can't just bring every storm trooper to bare, the rebels attack on endor was essentially a needle to the heart of the empire.

However in TFW, there is no empire and they have a long distances gun, why aren't they using everything they have yo protecting that mega gun
>>
>>64359361
mad redditor
>>
>>64359331

I was more referring to a small group of rebels and teddy bears defeating an "entire legion of the emperors best troops".
>>
There's a lot of fine books about human military history if you guys are looking for stories that actually make sense.
>>
>>64359259
stop for a second and think about the average size of a planet compared to a sun. it could probably get thousands of charges from its sun before it drains it
>>
>>64359467
>hoping Sturr Wurrs fans can into logic
>>
>>64359424
>literally called 'star wars'
>can't even get that right
>>
>took the imperials 30 years to make one death star
>5 years to partially build another one
>they could at the very best move into a system and fire at a planet to destroy it

>starkiller literally fires halfway across the galaxy and almost instantly obliterates the target system with all the planets and fleets in it

well isn't that convenient

it's kind of like how in Star Trek Nero just happened to intercept Spock and grab the red matter which just happened to be extremely easy to destroy planets with and so on...

what's with JJ and these outrageously contrived plot weapons

let's say he come back to irect ep9. what's next on the menu? a weapon that can destroy entire galaxies that fits into a pocket and needs no charging or batteries or anything really?

he's an absolute madman
>>
>>64359122
its a meme and its official by Disney

its meme cannon
>>
>>64359413
sure but come on 4 fucking people on foot vs a literal fortress world
>>
>>64359045
the planet only imploded into a star because it had absorbed all of the sun's energy before the section, which regulated the power, exploded

if they had just shut the cannon off when they realized they were being attacked, they could have killed the resistance fighters even if they blew up the power regulator place, then fixed up their planet and kept shooting shit with it

of course, this didn't happen because kylo and hux are idiots being played by darth plageuis. snoke don't care about starkiller base, it's a comically-oversized gun designed to force the resistence to put the jedi into play
>>
File: 1416867-sj_shoulder_shrug.jpg (175 KB, 442x550) Image search: [Google]
1416867-sj_shoulder_shrug.jpg
175 KB, 442x550
>enough resources to build two moons and a planet
>somehow they're losing
>they don't use it to build a gazillion ships
>lose to rebels with thirty X wings
>>
>>64359122
it's a trope in so many movies and games that takes a process which should be long and epic and very expensive/arduous and makes it quick and easy to speed up the plot but cheaply trying to maintain the epic feel
>>
you know the star wars battle between dark and light is really just the force trying to balance itself, right?
>>
>giant planet base
>rebels/resistance don't just tie a hyperdrive to an asteroid and fire it at the planet at relativistic speeds
>>
>>64359632
wouldn't it make a lot more sense if they just flushed out the energy when they realized they were being attacked, there was a general and a huge staff just sitting on their asses the whole time the battle was going on, or even just fire the cannon out into space before they blew the conveniently placed weak spot up? why didn't the engineers design a fail safe when constructing the weak spot?
>>
>>64359467
in the movie they literally deplete the sun on the second charging
>>
>>64359837
no they don't. the cloud cover gets in the way of the sun which is why it went dark. they probably dimmed it or something but they definitely didn't absorb all the energy.

thats impossible anyway. you couldnt store all that energy on a planet that could fit into the sun 1 million times
>>
>>64359811
It's just a really stupid idea to try and weaponise a planet. You don't get any more out of a Starkiller Base thing than you would from collecting some big space rocks and flinging them at the target.
>>
>>64359923
>cloud cover
>implying firing the energy of a fucking star from the surface wouldn't burn away the atmosphere
>>
File: make_the_deal_Chewie.jpg (74 KB, 960x649) Image search: [Google]
make_the_deal_Chewie.jpg
74 KB, 960x649
>>
File: 1437163761571.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1437163761571.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>64359923
>>64359998
The more people talk about it the less sense it makes.
>>
A N V I L S
N
V
I
L
S

Anvils
>>
>>64359467

then why did the sun go out when it was preparing to fire again?
>>
>>64359045
It's shitty filmmaking OP
Fuck that meme canon and meme wars
>>
God this movie just was awful.
Maybe a hypnotist can make me forget it.
>>
>the "resistance"
>this implies there's an established regime who has followers that aren't resisting
>said regime blows up and eliminates solar systems with huge laser weapons in seconds
>said regime drops soldiers on random planets and wipes out its population
What was the point of the "First Order"? Were there even any people left who to subjugate? The "Resistance" seems to be simply the "people" who are alive. There are next to none first order followers. If the big evil baby-eating bad guys destroyed them too what's next. What's their end game? This isn't new though
>Emperor wants to "rule the galaxy"
>even though he already is
>he wants to bring Luke to the dark side
And then what? Destroy more planets with Luke standing next to him while sitting on some throne?
>>
>Hold a shitton of power inside a core
>Destroy the thing holding down that power

Holy shit, it's not that complicated
>>
>Declare EU not canon
>Proceed to combine the Star Forge, Galaxy Gun, and Death Star for the dumbfuck plot device in the movie.
>>
>>64360761
WHO CARES THE CHARACTERS ARE IN TROUBLE BETTER RUN AROUND AND SHIT WE MUST STOP EBIL
>>
>>64359272
this would make the movie worth watching

every planet it hits becomes unable to communicate without cat pictures
>>
>>64360111
tell tha'a kanjiklub
>>
I guess the force really does work that way...
>>
>>64359923
>>64360141

Officially, it used dark matter meme physics to compress suns into that space,

Also, I think it has hyperspace engines like the Death Star did.

Didn't it move from one sun to another in the movie? I can't remember.
>>
They had the entire mass of a star stored inside the planet somehow. Pretty sure if someone clogged a toilet the place would explode.

It's just shitty writing. There's no point trying to justify it. It's just a affect of making everything bigger and better.
>>
Dude relax man ur looking too deep into it it's a kids movie :)
>>
>>64361610
You haven't even seen episodes 9's galaxy killer.
>>
>>64359259
this was my biggest problem with it, I just ignored it and enjoyed the sybol it provides in "the light going out"....but i mean cmon, the planet itself cant move at FTL, and on top of that itll destroy its own sun
>>
>>64359228

The Resistance isn't the Republic.

The Resistance is more like volunteer militia and First Order is more like ISIS.

The Republic and Empire signed a peace treaty.

I don't blame you, Jay Jay did a shit job of world-building and explaining lore.
>>
>>64360761
I was really confused about this in the movie.

They mention the First Order, the Republic, and the Resistance, but never talk about how either of those match up.

Did the republic just not give a fuck about the First Order?
>>
>>64361591
It would have to move yes. Dark matter makes no sense though as it has nothing to do with absorbing nuclear explosions. How the fuck does something even hold or absorb nuclear explosions? It's not like it was sucking gasoline off the sun it was sucking a byproduct of a reaction that already occurred. If something could just hold that then why didn't fully developed planets use that tech to defend themselves against meme beams? It was used literally twice against the rebels. You'd think the rebels would develop some kind of defense system out of the wreckage of the first two or learn something.
>>
>>64360761
>>64360761

Republic and Empire still exist but are in a cold war.

First Order is an extremist group made up of Snoke's dark side adepts and ex-Imperial officers who were butthurt.

The Resistance is a small militia run mostly by Leia and Ackbar's own money. Leia sent one of her friends to beg the Republic Senate for more money when First Order blew it up. It's only explained in the novel; JJ was too ADHD and afraid of invoking the prequels to show political lore.
>>
>>64361781
>I was really confused about this in the movie.

Because it's not a movie. It's the first entry in a serialized franchise. It's a TV Pilot.

Don't need to bother yourselves with endings, fuck tying up loose ends, character development? World building? All that shit can wait till the next episode.
>>
>>64359647
this, power in numbers not one for all.
>>
>>64359413
But everyone said that was dumb at the time, and still do.

But you can't criticie Finn and Rey because one is black and the other is a woman.
>>
>>64359647

X-wings are the eagles of Star Wars
>>
File: no_candy.jpg (86 KB, 640x365) Image search: [Google]
no_candy.jpg
86 KB, 640x365
>>64359178
>mfw KANJIKLUB is the 4U of Star Wars
>>
What was Snoke's end-game? This is why most movie villains are barely two-dimensional, they're just EVIL without any clear motivations except "destroying the country/world/universe"...and then what? Bored as fuck sitting on ashes, they'd be like Scar when he "wins" and rules the land and sits all day among the devastated land with some parrot singing to him.
>>
>>64359045
>meme canon
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.