[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of TV Tropes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: tropes.jpg (9 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
tropes.jpg
9 KB, 300x216
What do you guys think of TV Tropes?
>>
Literal autism
>>
Cancer
>>
literally nothing wrong with it
>>
>>64358757
>>64358775
If you ever reply to me again I will fucking kill you
>>
>>64358757
>>64358775
Salve redditus!
>>
>>64358730

The website that literally gifted the world with the shitpiles of Anita Snakeesian and Josh Cuckintosh.
>>
>>64358730
It's okay as a thing to like, chronicle concepts and ideas. But it's not factual.
>>
File: anvil_OG.png (50 KB, 712x171) Image search: [Google]
anvil_OG.png
50 KB, 712x171
By far the worst.
>>
>>64358730
Every single thing to have ever existed is a trope according to this website.
>>
>>64358905

This is my only complaint about it.

It's got some interesting articles but if a single element is present in more than one medium its apparently a trope, regardless how obscure and unimportant it is.
>>
Reminds me a lot of /v/. Total dogshit and with a garbage community, but I keep coming back to it.
>>
>>64358988

go the fuck back to /v/eddit and don't come back you fucking tourist piece of shit
>>
>>64358730
I have no strong opinion either positive or negative.
>>
File: neo vee.jpg (47 KB, 600x995) Image search: [Google]
neo vee.jpg
47 KB, 600x995
>>64359017
>>
>>64358803
Can you just fuck off with these posts,you're epic new meme isn't going to catch on faggot.

>>64358730
It's way too over crowded and complex.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VejKTPkukcY

The TV Tropes community
>>
File: euphoric.gif (3 MB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.gif
3 MB, 250x257
>>64359249
>>
>>64359249
All the Troper Tales went missing. Like, after the submissions closed, all of the alternate archivals went down too.

Some may argue good riddance, but it is my contention that something of value was lost. At the very least, the "This Troper" segments demonstrate some basic commonalities to modes of human thought, and these could be collated, studied, etcetera. You basically had like a couple of thousand random psychological profiles organizing themselves into various tropes. I think it would have been a fascinating examination on the effect of narrative as a concept on the human experience, to try and see how these people saw themselves, as the protagonists in their own story. What genre did they consider their story to be? Were they expecting a happy ending? How did they view their own character?

The other thing is that you have like a thousand or so people essentially pouring out their hearts, their souls, their experiences, their life, their minds into little snippets of text. And yeah, a good proportion of them were shitty people, but thats inevitable. Lost there is the poetry of the human experience. Somewhere. Probably.
>>
I like it. I personally wish I had one tho, if I do I can't seem to find it.
>>
File: libfag tumblr SJW loons.jpg (296 KB, 1360x960) Image search: [Google]
libfag tumblr SJW loons.jpg
296 KB, 1360x960
They're liberal idiots
>>
once decent but slowly being taken over by assburgers.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.