[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 124656.jpg (141 KB, 900x428) Image search: [Google]
124656.jpg
141 KB, 900x428
what happened?
>>
>>64358042
Baby-boomers has started to die out.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-20-00h41m58s246.png (980 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-20-00h41m58s246.png
980 KB, 1920x816
>>64358042
Will this show even make it through 2016 let alone the month? Literally JUST the late night talk show.
>>
>>64358192
You mean "the month let alone 2016", the phrase "let alone" has a meaning similar to "not to mention" or "without even confronting".
>>
>>64358042

I don't really care. I'm glad it's still essentially the Colbert Report but now he doesn't pretend to be an ultra-conservative pundit.

If he had changed anything about it I think he'd be getting even worse ratings.
>>
>>64358042
>watching any kind of late show
shiggery diggery
>>
>>64358189
This.
No one under the age of 20 watches Tv.
No one under the age of 30 watches late night shows.
The main audience of late night shows are all going to be dead in about 20 years.
It is an outdated form of media. No one gives a fuck about some celeb shilling up their latest bullshit. No one gives a fuck about some washed up comedic hack trying to play friendly with shilling shills.
No one cares about these shows, only old retarded people watch them.
>>
They said before he came on that he was going to tone down the liberal rhetoric (or the excessively satirically conservacuck rhetoric, if you will), but then he hit the "IT'S 2015 PEOPLE" ground running from day one. Every time there's a major news event, then he can't help himself from stating his own viewpoint as though it's fact rather than a debatable & complex issue. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it does have the effect of turning away like 40% of your audience.
>>
>>64358231
I've noticed people get that backwards a lot. You would think the phrasing makes it clear that it's a "[minor hurdle] let alone [major hurdle]" type of construction, but I guess some people could care less.
>>
Half the country is Republican.
>>
>>64358551
You almost got me.
>>
>>64358042

>Liberals unironically didn't think everyone having the same right on pc friendly opinion would soon get boring.

Why do you think their are so many redditors here, deep down no one really likes an echo chamber.
>>
>>64358451
>It is an outdated form of media. No one gives a fuck about some celeb shilling up their latest bullshit. No one gives a fuck about some washed up comedic hack trying to play friendly with shilling shills.

Why, though?

Personally, here's why I lost interest in the format 10~15 years ago. I haven't heard of the celeb before about half the time (hurr hurr get ur /tv/ powerlevel up kiddo/grandpa). Or, having heard of them, I don't really care about getting to know them. So here's the thing. You're basically just watching the host talk to a random individual who happens to be in movies you don't watch. But it's not exactly random, is it? What are the demographics of a Hollywood actor? It's typically someone from Los Angeles, California, and most of them act the same way and say the same things and have the same bland sense of humor and embrace the same political views as everyone else from the same California demographic category. They always have the host prepped to ask them to tell about their recent trip to [place] where [goofy incident] happened. Most don't have any actual improv talent (I guess that stand-up comedians would be the exception here), and it shows as they try to act clever but it's basically equal to a non-celeb cracking jokes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.