[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people like Prometheus? I thought it was excellent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: prometheus.jpg (125 KB, 1452x954) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.jpg
125 KB, 1452x954
Why don't people like Prometheus? I thought it was excellent and thoroughly entertaining from start to finish.

It's worth noting I'm not autistic about Alien lore and the only thing that stuck out to me as not making much sense was the Queen Alien engraving on the Promethium ship.
>>
>>64352657

look guys, it's a pleb. fuck you, pleb.
>>
>>64352701
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64352778
This.
>>
>>64352657
I liked it. But then I don't let peer pressure dictate what I'm supposed to like.
>>
>>64352701
If you weren't a pleb yourself then you would be reading literature instead of watching movies.
>>
it was a huge disappointment

>engineer gets one shot by some 4 foot tall woman, then raped by a squid; SO GOOD...
>>
>>64352657
>the most memorable line in Prometheus is taken from another movie
>>
>>64352920
what the fuck you doing here?
>>
File: Objection.jpg (2 MB, 1386x1385) Image search: [Google]
Objection.jpg
2 MB, 1386x1385
>>64352657
It's a guttershite movie
>>
>>64352657
>thoroughly entertaining
It was entertaining, I give you that much.

Problem is it tried to sell itself as something intelligent and thought-provoking, which it wasn't.
>>
I watched it with my gfs son while she was with her friend Tyrone. He raised a lot of good questions about the movie. It's decent I think but leaves a lot unanswered.
>>
The only thing I disliked about it was the writing. I really liked the visuals, Ridley Scott has a great eye for science fiction.
>>
>>64352657
I hated this movie more than anyone I know because I was more excited for this movie than anyone I know. The trailers got me really pumped up, and then the movie ended up being total and irredeemable dogshit. I got burned HARD on this shitty flick
>>
>>64352657
People who claims that they don't like it, some time ago got TOLD
>>
>>64352657
People are trying to logically explain a sci fi movie. Not being able to do this makes them angry and hate on it.
>>
File: 1378757552157.jpg (35 KB, 341x311) Image search: [Google]
1378757552157.jpg
35 KB, 341x311
>>64353266
This. Could have been the editing but knowing Scott I feel its more likely the writing. The movie seemed a bit unfocused when it came to showing stuff the audience actually understood and it raised far more questions than it answered
>>
File: tyy7e.jpg (42 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
tyy7e.jpg
42 KB, 405x720
>>64352657

A FEW OF MY QUALMS.

>geologist gets lost in a cave

>biologist scared to examine dead alien life form

>biologist excited to pet live life form, oblivious to the risks

>white blonde sexy woman wants to fuck a negro

>running away from giant wheel by running in the same direction

>trips, finds out rolling to the side works pretty well, y u no run to the side first?

>let's die because someone we don't know or trust says this ship will destroy earth, YES, LET'S FUCKING DO IT BOSS, I SURE DON'T WANT TO SPEND 2 YEARS IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT WITH CHARLIZE THERON, WHO'D DO THAT WHEN YOU CAN DIE ON A VAGUE THEORY

>prometheus ship has no weapons

>alien ship has no weapons either

>tiny prometheus crashes into giant ship, and giant ship just simply breaks the fuck down faster than the Titanic
>>
>>64352657
Because you posted the one and only good character in the entire fucking movie.
>>
if the rest of the actors/writers put even half as much effort as fassbender did into this movie it would probably have been the best film in the series
>>
>>64352778
I'll reply any fucking way I want, got it?
>>
>>64354786
wow look at this autism...
its a piece of art, it doesnt have to make sense
>>
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>64354919

Don't you know it's the new maymay? Responding to maymays xD.

>>64355000
>its a piece of art, it doesnt have to make sense

You're wrong. Art, of all things, must make the most sense. Diminishing immersion for NO GAIN is plain stupid.

If you can spend millions on special effects, you can spend 1% of that on a team of 20 readers who'll spend a week reading and rereading to find all the shit that doesn't work. It's not hard. Most people can spot nonsense easily.

Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>64352657
It's just edgy teenagers trying to fit in. The internet picks a movie it wants to do this shit with, usually doesn't have much to do with quality.

It was good.
>>
>>64354786
>>running away from giant wheel by running in the same direction
>>trips, finds out rolling to the side works pretty well, y u no run to the side first?
Adrenaline takes over, you don't make smart choices. Many lumberjacks die exactly because of this. It was pretty much what the scene conveyed.

>>64353154
>it was entertaining, exactly what a movie needs to be, but I still bash it with my contrerian bros all day because I believe it wants to be something it isn't
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.