[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it considered right to have a diverse cast, and when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: livingdead.jpg (39 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
livingdead.jpg
39 KB, 600x300
When is it considered right to have a diverse cast, and when is it considered wrong to have a diverse cast?
>>
>>64351760
never
never
>>
>>64351760
When the script and characters call for it. There's no other reason other than to fill some retarded quata.
>>
It's considered wrong when there is less black characters than other minorities combined
>>
>>64351760
It's always right to have a diverse cast unless you are making something historical or other wise non-fictional. If something is a period drama, then a diverse cast is also recommended since the entire premise is fictional. I really don't care if you think black people stand out in the milieu of medieval Europe for example
>>
It's right to have a diverse cast if there's a black male who blacks a qt white girl while the white boy is left alone with his tiny dick.
>>
>>64351760
When it serves the script/story/director's vision.

If you pander to anyone then your movie is already fucking cancer.
>>
>>64351814
This has literally never happened, black male characters are by far the most common outside of white male and white female characters yet for some reason SJWs want moar black males.
>>
I've never understood this forced diversity thing. Are SJWs really more happy when black people get a role because they're black? Shouldn't we be working toward eliminating race altogether from casting unless the story calls for it? The casting for The Force Awakens always struck me as unaware racism.
>>
>>64351896
Something you want to tell us?
>>
>>64351760
always
never
>>
>>64351760
Is the story diverse? Is it supposed to be realistic? Yes and yes? Then yes. No and no? Then no.

If you make a story about vikings probably not.
>>
>>64352201

Nobody ever accused SJWs of being logical.
>>
I'm so fucking tired of this place...you know what? fuck it, i'm out.
>>
>>64351760
If the script calls for evil people doing evil things and oppresing people they must be white.

If they are generally kind hearted characters they must be black / arab / asian / gay or all of the above
>>
there is literally ZERO reason to not have an all black cast

ONLY racists disagree
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.