[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Spike Lee joint. You might have guessed, it's about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 15
New Spike Lee joint. You might have guessed, it's about the struggle of afro americans.
>>
It's good though, and if a white filmmaker made a movie about black inner city violence where the message is "it's time to point the finger at yourselves," they'd be fucking destroyed in the press as racists. Spike stepped up.
>>
>>64351350
Didn't watch it. Does Spike really point fingers at black people in this one? If yes, I might watch it.
>>
>>64351272
>>64351429
You shat on it without having even watched it. Why?
>>
>>64351559
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>64351429

The main message is that these communities need to get together, amongst themselves, and stop allowing this shit to happen. It's a culture where everyone says "this shit is out of control," but nobody will actually step up if they witness a crime, the gangsters themselves won't take personal responsibility for their actions, everyone is looking for an external excuse and it just keeps getting worse.

It touches on a LOT of other issues, and it has lots of humor and sex. It's a bit of a fucking mess, but it's honestly one of the best movies I saw this year. It surprised me as I have not been a fan of spike's recent work
>>
>>64351272
>black people bitch about cinema not pertaining to black culture
>white people: MAKE YOUR OWNNNNN
>blacks produce their own film pertaining to their culture
>white people: NOOOO MAKE SOMETHING ELSE OBEY ME I AM YOUR MASTER
>>
>>64351653
Thanks for the post Anon.
>>
>>64351717
Has less to do with making something of their but some individuals sounding like jehova's witnesses or orther radicals talking about nothing but allah, jahve, or whatever.

>He man, what do you want to eat to dinner
>pork is halal I sure as shit won't eat anything pork related, allah says
>care to watch a movie?
>movies are the devil's invention to spread antichristian propaganda
>do you want some ice cream?
>I don't know, what would jesus do

This, only with racism.
>>
>>64351429

Interestingly enough, the only major white character in the movie (John Cusack's liberal preacher) is the only one shouting "BLAME WHITEY." I don't know if we were meant to disagree with him, but it definitely struck me as a conscious choice

It's an interesting movie, and anything but one-sided or facile
>>
Are there any double dolly shots?
>>
>>64351272
>You might have guessed, it's about the struggle of afro americans
Unless you actually went to college and recognize the source material.

But you didn't go to no fancy high school now did you OP
>>
>>64351903

Except he really hasn't made a film like that since "Bamboozled" in 2000. Look at his filmography.

There really aren't many prominent black filmmakers with the clout to make a movie like this, and I think it's an issue that really needed to be addressed. And he actually took a balanced, honest, thoughtful approach to it, instead of just parroting the liberal press's hand-wringing and endless excuses. And he did it with a sense of humor.

I get that Spike says some really dumb shit as a public figure, but he's just being autistic like most great directors. I feel like you guys judge his movies unfairly. He's one of the best and most daring filmmakers we've got, black or white or whatever.
>>
>>64352176
Eh, you're making a reasonable point. This is no excuse but you should take everything on 4chan with a grain of salt. Yeah, I don't really like Spike Lee as public figure but it's not like I hate all his movies on principle. I liked Inside Man and Do the right Thing and thought the latter was rather balanced considering it's topic. At least I would argue the black characters weren't much better than the white ones.

That said, almost every of his movies were about race in one way or other. Make out of it what you will, but there's a part of me that is kinda tired of it and I would like to see black film makers progress beyond the racial stigma. Doesn't really matter what perspective it is.

On the other hand I think it's their life and their right to portray what's important to them.

>>64352111
8/10 microaggression
>>
do we get to see any BBC in this

otherwise im not interested
>>
>>64352381
Not to say that it seems like Selma, The Butler, 12 Years a Slave, and whatnot are not really taken seriously but are just considered cute by hollywood standards. It's good enough for a little sniff sniff in the camera and aren't we progressive wankery, but if it wasn't for some pseudo-political agenda nobody would give a shit. To me it looks like when parents applaud their kids during some play they wouldn't see otherwise.

Not saying blacks are retarded, but the reaction towards some of the emancipation stuff is kinda similar to what you'd expect when a downey successfully spelled potato. That's what hollywood thinks about black directors.
>>
>>64352728

I get what you're saying, but I also get the impression that you haven't seen "Chi-Raq" yet, because it's anything but a safe Oscar-bait movie like the ones you mentioned.
>>
>>64351429
>Does Spike really point fingers at black people in this one?

This is why I hate /tv/. He does it in every fucking movie and it's clear you faggots just haven't watched his movies.
>>
>>64353217
This.

This is hardly new ground for Spike, he is very vocal about how shitty blacks are in his movies. People call him an uncle tom because of it.

That main girl also has an unstoppable ass
>>
>>64352381

This is a very, very different movie than Do the Right Thing, but it shares the same balanced, honest worldview. give it a shot. At the very least, it's completely unlike anything else in theaters.
>>
>>64352485

Not really, but there are literally gymnasiums full of gorgeous gyrating black women, if you're into that kind of thing
>>
>>64351429
>Does Spike really point fingers at black people in this one?

Spike Lee is a little more balanced in this movie than his predecessors.

Calling for blacks to be finally responsible for their own actions & lives usually does not fly with the niggers and liberals, but Spike at least attempts to do so in ChiRaq.
>>
>>64353909
did i ask about gyrating gymnasiums?

no, i asked about the BBC and form what you said this looks like a no go for me.
>>
>>64351350
This movie is actually heavily criticized as being complete bullshit. No wonder white 4chan likes it tho.
>>
>>64354157

When did /tv/ turn into a gay hookup for niggers?

Go back to tumbler down low niggers.
>>
>>64354167

Elaborate

I thought this movie was a mixed bag, but the overall message was dead-on. and it's satire, so obviously a lot of it isn't meant to be taken 100% literally
>>
>>64354167

See why niggers are so fucked?

"Niggers starting to take responsibility for their lives" = "Complete bullshit"

way to keep those niggers down SJWs
>>
>hoes deny men sex until there is peace

So why doesn't it end with niggers raping their whores and then going back to nigger knocking?
>>
>>64354344
>"Niggers starting to take responsibility for their lives" = "Complete bullshit"

Honesly if that's the biggest complaint about the movie, then the critics need to eat shit and choke.
>>
>>64354115
Call it Chicongo.
>>
Cultural Marxism: the thread
Go ahead and tell me to go back to /pol/ you entry level freshman conflict theory adjusting-for-history "race is a social construct yet we'll recognize white privelege and give "blacks" a 'fair deal'. I bet you think whites are what's wrong with the world and that if non whites were in charge it would be an Ubuntu paradise. Spike Lee loves the fact that he's black otherwise he wouldn't be able to constantly validate his Jewish-manufactured victimhood status and make millions off exploiting the minds and insecurities of what he considers his own "race".
>>
>>64354455

>I haven't watched the movie
>I haven't even read any of the other posts in this thread
>the sight of black flesh triggers me, and this is my automatic response
>>
>>64354455
nice falseflag
>>
Stupid question, but what to blacks talk about when they're alone with eachother?
>>
>>64354167

do you actually want to give a counter-argument though?
>>
>>64354747

Good job, that was a stupid question
>>
>>64351272

Was it just me, or was Nick Cannon actually pretty good in this? I really didn't know he had it in him
>>
>>64354747
>what to blacks talk about when they're alone with eachother?

That niggers are too dumb, ignorant, & lazy to take responsibility for their own lives therefore everything wrong is the white mans fault.
>>
its his best film yet, pleb
>>
File: 1424371599104.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1424371599104.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
>>64354455
*tips stahlhelm*
>>
Any lewd webms?
>>
>>64351272
he should have made a film with Tupac's thesis that black women are violent bitches who encourage the niggest of thugs
>>
Some great discussion ITT. Shame about the white racists.
>>
>>64357792

It's /tv/ though, it's pretty impressive that a discussion is happening at all
>>
>>64358704
suck my dick whiteboi faggot
>>
>>64353617
I'm excited. I think Spike Lee is a true artist in that, for the most part, he follows his vision to its end regardless of any PC foolery.
>>
Black women are the main reason why black communities are shit though.
>>
>>64359319
I'm curious, why do you say that?
>>
>>64359251

Yeah that definitely applies to this one. He's already getting backlash from the PC crowd, much like the "feminist" reaction to Gone Girl last year.

Funny how these people always beg for real, intelligent scripts/films made by women and minorities, and then when they get them, they're the first ones in line to tear them apart. You just can't win.
>>
>>64359483
not him but

>fuck and encourage the worst men since age 12
>push them away, replace them for welfare
>single mom
>boys end up either violent or dysfunctional and unable to protect himself from animals
>>
>>64359483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHH0bdNKyM
>>
As a piece of cinema, it was original and there was a lot to like about it. As a social/political statement, he really didn't cut very deep at all, and it doesn't seem like he actually understands the issue any better than the average rich filmmaker.

I get that it was mostly satire, I appreciate that he was at least approaching the topic with humor & positivity. But ultimately I don't think he had much to say, and I think the style of the film is too gaudy and film-nerd to actually reach any of the people who are perpetrating these issues. He's basically just preaching to the choir (middle-class educated liberals looking in from the outside) and saying nothing new.

I don't know. I actually did enjoy the movie more than it sounds like, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to consider it any kind of valuable message to the black community. "Do the Right Thing" is still more relevant and insightful, today, than his newest film.
>>
>>64360589
>hoes get horny, niggas die
>>
i watched it for the hot nigresses.

instead what i got is two hours of NRA is the KKK, guns are the devil, and da hood needs mo programs &sheit. hot nigresses didn't get nowhere near enough screen time.

only good thing i got out of it is some webms.
>>
Is it actually good if you don't care about the social content? Like, do you genuinely care about characters, is the story genuinely engaging, is the filmmaking creative?
>>
my wife's kid loved this one
>>
>>64360748
it "has black people" so it touches on political and social issues even if superficially, what are you talking about with that gay ass shit
>>
>>64360764
LOL!
>>
>black guys are violent
>black girls stop fucking them
>this somehow doesn't cause rape statistics to sky rocket and instead is supposed to encourage peace
>denying literal murderers and drug dealers pussy when they are willing to fuck other men up the ass in prison will stop crime
Uhhhhhhh
>>
>>64360669
what did he mean by that?
>>
>>64354398
i'll call it chimpcongo
>>
>>64360942
I call it Chimpsamboniggerporchmonkeytarbabyspookbluegumscoongo
>>
>>64352056

I'm with this guy. Do we get the standard Lee shots?
>>
>>64360748

The filmmaking is very lively and creative, it's a very enjoyable movie, but plot/characters definitely take a backseat to the social messages.

It's not at all heavy or "oscar-bait," though, it's a lot more fun than it sounds. I'd say it's at least worth watching
>>
>>64352728
>To me it looks like when parents applaud their kids during some play they wouldn't see otherwise.

This is really too apt.
>>
all of the dialogue is in verse
>>
>>64363005

Nah not all of it, they tend to throw that device out in the more serious moments
>>
>>64364345
dropped after 20 minutes so maybe thats true
>>
I've been waiting for about 15 years for Spike to make another great movie and he actually did. That was impressive. Also I would fuck the shit out of Angela Bassett to this day.
>>
>>64364442

Yeah, after Red Hook Summer, Oldboy, and that vampire shit, I figured he was pretty much washed up. he pulled a Wolf of Wall Street on us, this shit was brilliant
>>
Wait, Spike Lee is black?

Funny, with all of his success, wealth and political correctness, I figured he had to be white. Huh.
>>
>>64364582

>political correctness
>Spike Lee

He discusses social issues, but he's never been PC about it
>>
>>64364582
The dude flaunts the school he went to (an all male black school) a lot in his earlier films a la school days and boyz in da hood
>>
>>64364796
Spike Lee didn't have nothin to do with no Boyz n Da Hood. That was an Ice Cube/Singleton joint.
>>
File: 4.jpg (19 KB, 310x379) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
19 KB, 310x379
thanks for recommendation, gonna watch this
>>
why was John Cusack cast in a role clearly meant for Cedric the Entertainer?
>>
>>64364837
pretty sure he directed boys in the hood.
>>
>>64365239

you could google it in 2 seconds instead of making yourself look like an idiot
>>
>>64353217
Yeah, that's Spike Lee's theme in every single fucking movie. He literally preaches AT black people and says they are the ones primarily responsible for their plight. It's why I roll my eyes any time people say he is an anti-white director, just because the movies deal with "black struggle" or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>64365410
TO be fair Spike does portray whites as neglectful or willfully ignorant in general. The only time he's portrayed a white man as virtuous is Harvey Keitel in Clockers, and even then that guy was racist as hell.
>>
>>64365512

>The only time he's portrayed a white man as virtuous is Harvey Keitel in Clockers

I mean, he's a good director, so he rarely depicts ANY characters as 100% "virtuous." but there are lots of likable white characters who aren't racists, who aren't just "neglectful or willfully ignorant"

Sal in Do the Right Thing, Adrien Brody in Summer of Sam, half the cast of 25th Hour, half the cast of Inside Man, John Cusack in Chi-Raq, are just a few.
>>
>>64352111
>the source material

Making your movie a giant reference around something that was dumb in the first place doesn't make it intelligent
>>
>>64365720
>Sal in Do the Right Thing,
He was a nice guy but he was definitely ignorant. And he had some creepy thing with Mookie's sister that made everybody uncomfortable.
>Adrien Brody in Summer of Sam
>half the cast of 25th Hour
I will give you those but 25th Hour definitely is about the destructive nature of white crime. I also personally thought Cusack was meant to be a clown who didn't really understand his constituency.
>>
>>64365720
Even in 25th hour he couldn't resist having Clay Davis arrest a white drug dealer
>>
>>64365884

I also thought Cusack's character came off as a bit of a moron, but I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. Most of the reviews seem to praise that big speech he gives in the middle, which I thought was mostly a load of rambling bullshit in an otherwise insightful film

And yeah, Sal was definitely not perfect, and neither were the characters of 25th Hour. I just disagree with the notion that Spike is a racist who depicts whites unfairly, because they really don't come out looking any worse than characters of other colors. He talks about racial issues a lot, but he doesn't really seem to generalize his characters based on race, at least not in the films I've seen of his
>>
>>64366016
He doesn't deslise whites hes just a troll. Watch the 30 for 30 on Knicks vs Pacers, gave me a lot of respect for him
>>
>>64366109

I think he's just a passionate guy, and he says really dumb shit in interviews/on Twitter because he gets riled up and he doesn't think before he speaks. but the worldview he has in his films seems to be the opposite of the reputation he's developed as a public figure
>>
>>64366169
I think Spike's career would have been a lot smoother if he had allowed Scorsese to mentor him and produce more of his films like he did for Clockers. A New Yorker perspective is so refreshing in Hollywood. Yes I am from the east coast.
>>
File: REEZUS.png (201 KB, 611x771) Image search: [Google]
REEZUS.png
201 KB, 611x771
>it's a Spike Lee joint
>>
>>64366169
daily reminder that spike lee thinks mercedes symbols are peace signs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7MR0t4T0U#t=351
>>
>>64359319
tommy sotomayor pls go
>>
>>64366496
I mean it's upside down...
>>
>>64366624
it was a mercedes symbol bruh
>>
The struggle for gibs me dat
>>
File: daggering.webm (1 MB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
daggering.webm
1 MB, 362x358
Is this the blackest movie of all-time? 20 minutes into this and I'm pretty impressed by the sheer Afrocentricism.
>>
>>64366820
just wait til they shit on Ben Carson.
>>
>>64351272

Black women keeping their legs closed and not taking the cock?

Right. Like that could ever happen.

Talk about not being able to suspend disbelief.
>>
>>64366615
dont diss ma coon tommy sotomayor
>>
>>64354747
bix nood muhfugga
>>
>>64366820
are black people really like that?

there are none in my country
>>
>>64367067
it happened in Liberia though.
>>
>>64366730
Peace symbol is occult anyways
>>
>New Spike Lee joint

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>64367067

It was satire when they wrote it thousands of years ago, and you're not meant to take it literally today, either. The message is not "women should stop putting out and this will solve the problem," the message is "if you want to stop violence in your community, you need to pull your own community together to stand against it." The sex strike is just a plot device, meant to inject some humor and lightheartedness into serious subject matter
>>
>>64359483
>I'm curious, why do you say that?

Will stick any random cock in their pussy to harvest sperm for more welfare money. No need for marriage, and fuck selecting a mate based on their ability to provide for a family.

They encourage their young men to be thugs, and their young women to be whores....just like mom.

The single mother epidemic, and the leftist / feminist welfare state that created it, is what is slowly destroying the culture of the west, in general, and the U.S. specifically.
>>
>>64353217
Didn't Spike just point fingers at whites at his last Oscar acceptance?
Where are these lying Spike Lee apologists coming from?
>>
>>64367374
yes, we are
>>
>>64367624
Sauce?
>>
>>64367624
Spike Lee won an Oscar?!
>he's getting an honorary award at this year's ceremony
Whew you scared me for a sec!
>>
>>64367379
>it happened in Liberia though.

Sure it did, anon.

Sure it did.

>>64367496
>The sex strike is just a plot device, meant to inject some humor and lightheartedness into serious subject matter

Got it.

Still completely inappropriate and unbelievable to use with blacks.

Amish? Sure. Hell, any group that has some semblance of discipline would work.

Blacks though? No fucking way.
>>
>>64367745
>"Everybody in here probably voted for Obama, but when I go to offices, I see no black folks except for the brother man at the security who checks my name off the list as I go into the studio…We need to have some serious discussion about diversity and get some flavour up in this.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/movie-news/spike-lee-oscar-acceptance-diversity/

When are these people going to learn you earn your place, it isn't handed to you. Nobody owes you anything.
>>
>>64351717
>black people bitch about cinema not pertaining to black culture
>white people: MAKE YOUR OWNNNNN
>blacks produce their own film pertaining to their culture
>white people:Good for you. Now leave us alone.
>>
>>64351903
>halal
you mean haram retard

halal is like kosher, it means they're allowed to eat it
>>
>>64368036

Saying there should be more black people at the oscars is not the same thing as saying THEY NEED TO GIVE BLACK PEOPLE oscars.

So fucking stupid, bet you've never seen a single one of his pictures
>>
>>64368036
What offices is he talking about? He realizes its all nepotistic Jews and their nephews at Hollywood offices?
>>
>>64368259
The only film of his I enjoyed was Summer of Sam, and Spike wasn't saying that for solely film industry, which SHOULD be based 100% on talent and work, but everywhere.
>>
This thread was fucking awesome until a tripfag showed up to bare ass and shit everywhere.

Can hiro please add a setting to allow OPs to force anonymity in threads?
>>
>>64351272

SLJ looks like he's reading from a card.
>>
>>64368576
cry more, nigger.

if you want an echo chamber fuck off to plebbit.
>>
>like a nigger movie

no thanks
>>
The Nick Cannon speech at the end said it all. Time for the Chi-town blacks to own up to their shortcomings rather than pointing the finger at the whites who fled the neighborhood.
>>
>>64369147
It's white flight if whites leave and gentrification if they come back
>>
>>64368482
So you are doubling down on your misinterpretation of what he said.

Beautiful
>>
>>64369231
that's because according to blacks there are no "working class" whites. if they ever made their way to PA or OH their minds would probably explode.
>>
>>64369231
>It's white flight if whites leave and gentrification if they come back

Just like it's "colonization" and "imperialism" if we live in non-white nations, yet it's "racist" and "discriminatory" if we don't allow non-whites into OUR nations.

This is why ALL whites should unite in solidarity to defend OUR culture and nations, and quit accommodating the leftist and non-white scum trying to divide us.
>>
>>64369358
>This is why ALL whites should unite in solidarity to defend OUR culture and nations
Dylann Roof is a pussy but he got one thing right: The reason why whites feel like they have no culture is because EVERYTHING in the west is our culture. I take great pride in that.
>>
>>64351559
I saw it when it was called Lysistrata
>>
>>64369475

it's a very, very loose adaptation
>>
>>64369533
same as your mom, then?
>>
>>64369533
That sucks, because Lysistrata is pretty good.
>>
>>64369423
>Attributing that notion to Dylan fucking Roof
>>
>>64369684
I mean his manifesto made great pains to remind us of it.
>>
>>64369533
>>64369475
They even referenced it in the movie.
>>
people actually talking about a monkey movie in a serious manner. recockulous
>>
>>64367666
>typical african american
>post Jamaicans
>>
>>64369766
Lampshaded, not just referenced. And it was fucking cringeworthy. Should have been sublimated, but the fact that Lysistrata was namechecked in every presser was a hint that it wasn't ever going to be subtle.

This movie sucked dick btw
>>
>>64369845
>implying there is a difference
>>
>>64369880
I thought it was fun
>>
Lysistrada was a comedy

is Spike Lee being serious about this shit?
>>
>>64369882
That's like saying there's no difference betweem a Scandinavian & an Aussie.
>>
>>64369960
There is a huge difference in culture, language, etc. Niggers are niggers.
>>
>>64369929

This is a comedy too, or satire, more accurately. It's serious in the same way "South Park" is sometimes serious
>>
>>64370002
W/e you say anon. Congrats you've won.
>>
File: 1444143923001.jpg (21 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
1444143923001.jpg
21 KB, 231x300
FIGHT THE WHITE POWDER
FIGHT THE WHITE POWER
FIGHT THE WHITE
FIGHT THE MAN
FIGHT THE FIGHT
KILL THE WHITE MAN DEAD
>>
>>64370054
>ooga booga
fuck off, nigger.
>>
The only good cracka is a dead cracka...

NERVER FORGET 400 years of free labor
>>
>>64370052
glad you conceded.
>>
>>64370054
you should want blacks to not kill each other, give them some confidence they may actually gb2Afrikkka
>>
File: 1233654.jpg (68 KB, 960x783) Image search: [Google]
1233654.jpg
68 KB, 960x783
>>64370141
you honkys kill each other as well, JUST the jew media that dont report it as frequently as it report black crimes
>>
>>64370122
>tfw talk down to white trash on 4chan
>butthurt commences
>racial nigger slurs
>no fucks given
>I'm not even black
Kek, white people are so retarded
>>
File: paruru glasses.gif (1 MB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
paruru glasses.gif
1 MB, 250x300
>>64351272

black people hate this movie, op, because it portrays blacks from chicago inaccurately.

the ironic thing about it is spike lee called tarantino a racist(for django) while he himself made a movie that depicts black people as buffoons. django does more for black empowerment than this crappy chiraq film
>>
>>64365410
>>64367624
>le spike Lee isn't portraying white people as the devil in his movies meme
He eventually stopped once people realized how awful he was.
>>
>>64370233
fuck you talking about we love spike lee movies
>>
>>64370233
>django does more for black empowerment than this crappy chiraq film
QT please

This reeks of desperation
>>
>>64351429
Not really. I mean he started out pointing out that it was all the fault of the black community, then he broke off halfway through and said 'Hey it's the NRA and we need mo money fo dem programs!' Then a random tangent into hating on the confederate flag and south carolina for no reason.

I especially like how he pointed out that we spend money on economic development in wartorn Afganistan but not Chicago, without noting that Chicago USED to be nice before niggers moved in. Just like all the other cities. Niggers confirmed for worse than carpet bombings.
>>
>>64351272
Call me when a black person can make a movie that's not about other black people in various hoods, and suburbs.
>>
>>64370219
>I'm not even black
Ok nigger
>>
>>64370219
then why reply, you butthurt ape?
>>
>>64370233
>because it portrays blacks from chicago inaccurately
you're right. none of the woman got raped or pregnant, there were no single mothers, and all the niggers weren't walking around stoned or drunk.
>>
>>64370305
To let you know how retarded you are, why else?
>>
File: 1371615140206.jpg (366 KB, 642x862) Image search: [Google]
1371615140206.jpg
366 KB, 642x862
>This cuck actually defending cyka Lee
I thought /tv/ was above this?

First this place is overrun with furs from /v/ now SJW from tumblr? I wish /tv/ would go back to being /tv/ instead of facebook3.0
>>
>>64370351
sounds like the trailer parks
>>
>>64370233

>it portrays blacks from chicago inaccurately

What the fuck tipped you off? Speaking in verse? A gang battle between "spartans" and "trojans?" the synchronized dance sequences? it's not meant to be fucking literal.

Believe it or not, Chicago is not that special, the problems you're having in your low-income neighborhoods are exactly the same throughout America, you've just got a higher body count. I don't think Spike had any interest in "empowering" a bunch of murderous cowardly buffoons. the message was made pretty literal in the last shot. WAKE UP. you're rolling around in your own shit, refusing to clean it up, and still looking for Hollywood to pat you on the back and tell you it's not your fault.
>>
>>64370354
sure thing, monkey. give me another reply despite you not caring.
>>
>>64370233

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLKDCz2A8U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zeMjQoe1k

rappers from chicago agree that the movies trash and doesn't accurately portray what is happening there.
>>
>>64370216
>jew media that don't report it as frequently
>same jew media that encourages race mixing and demonizes whites
>can't even say anything about niggers before the jew media has already made you Hitler

Are you even trying?
>>
>>64370370
/tv/ was never good, pretentious gay faggots talking pretentiously about nothing
>>
>>64370468
hMmmmnnnn ok masta, pleasea don't hurt me again masta mmmmnnnn, obama gonna pay muh bills
>>
>>64365228

Because he is based on an actual guy

And anytime any shit happens here he is one of the first people in front of a camera. Dudes job is basically getting mad for black people then taking their money
>>
>>64370391
sounds like home?
>>
>>64370486
/tv/ always was and still is the best board on this site motherfucker
https://youtu.be/DhQGH6CbKhw
>>
>>64370474

Spike was directly attacking the culture of violent, complacent idiocy that Chief Keef directly feeds into, participates in, and profits from. Chief Keef moved right the fuck out of his neighborhood as soon as he made a bit of money bragging about his idiotic, destructive lifestyle. No wonder he wasn't a fan
>>
>>64370468
Here you go -:), for someone who doesn't care about nigs, you sure like talking to them.
>>
File: 1350573658595.jpg (29 KB, 355x265) Image search: [Google]
1350573658595.jpg
29 KB, 355x265
>>64370558
Jesus Christ that is the worst 90's rap song, out of all Ice Cubes hits and all the other good artists in the time you pick the one that sounds like a bunch of tards autistically smashing on trash cans?
>>
>>64370582
another one, monkey. c'mon.
>>
its 2016 and whites and blacks are still polarize. good let the hate run, let it fill you
>>
>>64351429
Oh yeah, and he's one of the few well known black people that calls out gangsta coonery for the bullshit that it is. See the movie He Got Game as an example.
>>
>>64370574

well, the characters don't even look like they are black people from chicago. they look like black people from a 70s blaxploitation film and 90s hood film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbT71pujC-0

this is what nigs look like chicago.
>>
>>64370680
he calls out gangster coonery, yet still somehow manages to blame white people in all his movies.

It's the wildest bit of liberal doublethink ever.
>>
>>64370680

Clockers is an even better example
>>
>>64351272
>joint

/pol/weenie trying to use /tv/ lingo to express his butthurt over a black film detected.
>>
>>64370848
half of chi-raq was spent blaming guns/NRA as well as shitting on the cops that shot mike brown and trayboon. of course while claiming that the niggers were innocent themselves.
>>
>>64352728
>12 Years a Slave, and whatnot are not really taken seriously but are just considered cute by hollywood standards
>Won Best picture

k.
>>
>>64351272
spike lee is eddie murphy-tier
>>
>>64370558

>complains about the portrayal of blacks in white films
>complains about whites portraying them as savages
>praises spike lee who doesn't do any better.

In clockers, black people are portrayed as thugs, drug dealers and low-life pieces of shit. I would think a black person being portrayed as maid or butler or something like that is positive portrayal in comparison. why don't these black directors make films about a black lawyer or a black author or a black doctor or something? Instead they make films about black thugs and shit. is that really any better than the old white films that portray blacks as savages?
>>
>>64370958
seriously, they bring up dylann roof for some reason out of nowhere? What was the point of that?
>>
>>64370904
Spike refers to his movies as joints.
He also named his production company 40 Acres and a Mule.
>actors like Leonardo DiCaprio forge relationships with directors like Scorsese, works hard on his craft, changes his image taking on demanding roles
>visibly dies inside whenever he loses
>Spike Lee gets an Oscar literally as a participation award "good job, you made movies!"
>rails against Hollywood for not forcing more blacks into roles
>>
I like how the movie had white bitches in like australia on strike. Is spike lee trying to pretend this is anything other than a nigger problem?
>>
>>64370904
>A Spike Lee Joint
>/tv/ lingo

How old are you?
>>
>>64370781
jews have got the black culture worse and worse very generation (12 years a generation for blacks)
>>
>>64370904
nonsensical babble by a redditor detected
>>
i fucking hate afros.
>>
>>64371718

I love afros.
>>
>>64372930
I agree with this gentlemen

I hate afros too
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.