[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally tumblr the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: ChiRaqMoviePoster.png (171 KB, 260x385) Image search: [Google]
ChiRaqMoviePoster.png
171 KB, 260x385
Literally tumblr the movie
>>
>>64347176
I'd fuck a militant black power girl.
>>
I kinda liked it though
>>
>>64347176
is that the black women version of that old greek(?) comedic play about women withholding sex and taking over the city using that?
>>
>>64347252
Yes.
>>
>>64347368
is it every pointed out that women like sex too or ,if men were really horrible they could just take it or just let the gay men run things?
>>
>>64347176
How so?

It's an adaptation of Greek literature with an interesting setting and a nice message
>>
>>64347426
It's a minor part of the plot.

It also isn't meant to be a complete political handbook to cure USA's criminal culture.
>>
>destroy the city
>still do it to this day
>still believing the solution is to have dress up as racist 1960s black militant

Why should I take this movie seriously?
>>
>>64347426

It's not meant to be taken literally, it's a joke. And yes, it's pointed out constantly that women enjoy sex and they're making a sacrifice by giving it up. And there's a few lines of dialogue implying that all the gay men have joined the strike too.

I actually liked it, it's not nearly as dumb as it sounds.
>>
>>64347551

It's satire man, you aren't supposed to "take this movie seriously" in the way you mean. There are serious messages, but they're all delivered with a sense of humor. Spike kinda took the "South Park" approach with this one, and it worked out pretty well imo
>>
tl;dr me on what this movie is about pls
>>
>>64347733
yeah I have only heard about it second hand. from a shitty comic book and some uni students putting it on at the park.
>>
>>64347205
my fetish desu
>>
>>64347792
its about google the magic source of information
>>
>>64347792
Chi-Raq

niggers being niggers the movie
>>
>>64347176
Tumblr hates it though. Especially college aged black tumblrers. They, for some odd reason, think SPIKE LEE sold out other black people
>>
>>64347451
>>64347451

Came here to say exactly that.

It's Aristophanes' 'Lysistrata'.

http://www.ancient-literature.com/greece_aristophanes_lysistrata.html

“Lysistrata” is a bawdy anti-war comedy by the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes, first staged in 411 BCE. It is the comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War, as Lysistrata convinces the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands as a means of forcing the men to negotiate a peace. Some consider it his greatest work, and it is probably the most anthologized.
>>
>>64348682

Because he dared to say that black communities need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and inactions, rather than doing nothing, making excuses, and looking for other people to blame. He dared to say that cowardice is a sin, and the whole "stop snitching" attitude is one of the main reasons this violence has gotten so out of hand. People don't like it when you call them out on their bullshit.
>>
Honestly one of the best movies of the year. It really took me by surprise.

>>64349064

This. Same reason "feminists" hated Gone Girl. They'd been screaming to see smart female screenwriters writing interesting female characters, they got exactly that, and then they got mad because the film actually criticized modern "feminism" and took them to task on their bullshit.
>>
>>64347877

The main girl is fucking gorgeous

The scene where she's playfully indulging the old guy's fetishes had me hard as diamonds
>>
>>64348682
He came out against BLM saying we should focus on blacks killing other blacks
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.