[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens Score
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 22454392222_a1fc6c236d_c.jpg (92 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
22454392222_a1fc6c236d_c.jpg
92 KB, 800x534
>tfw the only even slightly memorable song from The Force Awakens score is Rey's Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmP0iBQUkA

God dammit, John Williams, we know you don't care anymore but could you at least have pretended to give a shit?
>>
He's 83, so I guess I have to cut him some slack, but yeah... his score was fucking terrible.
>>
He couldn't use the orchestra he normally uses, which is why it sounds weak, because of JJ.
>>
File: anakin-palpatine-plageius.jpg (22 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
anakin-palpatine-plageius.jpg
22 KB, 400x263
Supposedly John Williams uses the music from the scene where Sidious talks to Anakin about Darth Plageius in Snoke's theme.

I doubt there is anything to that though.
>>
>>64346940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk

March of the Resistance is great
>>
>>64346940
I've found Rey's theme really good piece of music. Played it like 100 times over the last weeks
>>
>>64348541
sounds fucking terrible
>>
>>64347531
>>64348611
>fucking terrible

jesus, cool it with the hyperbole

it's clearly the weakest soundtrack in the series, but it's still way better than the vast majority of the OSTs you hear out there

John Williams at his worst is still great
>>
>>64346940
The guy is an 80yo multi millionaire. i wouldn't give a shit either
>>
Isn't he in his mid 80's? Most people his age are in diapers and can barely talk anymore
>>
No.

My favorite is only a snippet from Torn Apart, which was used HORRIBLY in the movie I might add. I don't even know how you take a fucking part of a song that's a built up and cut away to the last 5 seconds of it. I guess that goes to show the kind of incompetent mind we had working on this.

Anyway,

https://youtu.be/VwNpmpBC-t0?t=84

1:25 to 1:58 if the link doesn't work. It's my favorite part of the soundtrack. Kind of wonder how cool it would've been if he had worked it into some kind of battle song. But whatever.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.