[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best film of 2015. Anyone seen it yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: bone_tomahawk_poster.jpg (150 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
bone_tomahawk_poster.jpg
150 KB, 600x887
Best film of 2015. Anyone seen it yet?
>>
>>64346108

I loved it. But I liked The Hateful Eight better. I also liked Slow West better. But I think Bone Tomahawk was better than The Salvation.
>>
Yeah I just saw it last night. Really have nothing negative to say about it, it was very good. I really liked how quick, brutal, and realistic the "fights" were. I kept expecting the "good guys" to put up more of a fight, but [spoilers]nope[/spoilers]
>>
File: 1450205039738.jpg (276 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1450205039738.jpg
276 KB, 800x533
based jack was in it, loved his character.
>>
it's great
>>
Was good. Cryed of laughter when the troglodytes started howling like steam trains tho
>>
>>64346238

Yeah it was cool to see him get a good role again. All the acting was great though. I didn't even recognize Richard Jenkins until like his third scene
>>
>>64346108
It's way too graphic and bloody for my taste. Otherwise it looks like a GOAT western by the looks of the poster and Kurt Russel.
>>
recommend me another good western that isnt the good bad etc
>>
>>64346297

There were two moments that I felt kind of crossed the boundary of good taste, scalp in the mouth and hot flask in an open wound but the rest was just realistic
>>
i could find a couple of faults if you really twisted my arm, but it was a great movie and i loved it
>>
>>64346297
It was a weird turn from a western into a monster movie. Its handled in a different kind of way, and creates a lot of suspense when it happens because you don't know what the fuck is going to happen.

>>64346329
This was the first movie to make my assnec hurt.
>>
>>64346329
Even though it's horror too, I just felt that it did cross a line, especially when that one guy got his balls hacked off and then split apart by the legs.
>>
File: blessed.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blessed.jpg
189 KB, 1280x720
How much hair can one man have on his face?
>>
>>64346456

For some reason, that didn't bother me quite as much as the moment right before, when they shoved his own fucking scalp into his mouth and hammered it in with a wood spike The ass-splitting was brutal, but it seemed like an efficient way to butcher a person for cannibalism purposes. But that other shit was just pure sadism
>>
>>64346452
>It was a weird turn from a western into a monster movie. Its handled in a different kind of way, and creates a lot of suspense when it happens because you don't know what the fuck is going to happen.
I will say that the violence does appear to be better than anything Tarantino has done. His violence is just pointless shock and indulgence, whereas here it's for suspense and keeping your eyes locked on the screen.
>>
>>64346108
It wasn't the best film, anon. Not by a long shot. That being said, it was entertaining as fuck. I really liked it.
>>
>>64346568

And it never felt like it was supposed to be funny, whereas Tarantino wants you to laugh when people are getting raped/shot/hacked to bits. I don't dislike his movies, I really loved them when I was younger. But as I get older and his movies seem to get nastier and nastier, his attitude towards violence leaves me feeling a little weird. It's not like, "this is offensive, you shouldn't do that," it's just that I'm starting to realize the guy probably has some very deep issues, and it makes it kind of tough to enjoy his movies when they're starting to look like a cry for help or something
>>
>>64346297
I would qualify it as a horror movie before a western. In that regard it was rather tame in the gore category.
>>
>>64346775
It's a very capable curve ball.

But when Sid Haig shows up for the first 5 minutes, I knew something was up.
>>
>>64346902
Yup. I liked David Arquette's brief appearance as well.
>>
>>64346108

Russel sounds teh same in Hateful eight.

It was weird watching Tomahawk afterwards.
>>
So were these troglodytes the only ones? Or were they like a thing scattered all over?
>>
>>64347381
I don't think they were many. Kinda like the ones from the descent. Just evolutionary left overs.
>>
>>64347430
That was maybe the one aspect of the movie that didn't work for me.

The Injun Doc at the beginning says "It doesn't matter how many you send... it's not enough."

But they're not Predators or terminators or anything, and there are only 12, and they get beat by a few white guys who tromp right up to them on the road. Seems like some ninja-as-fuck indian braves would have no problem with them.

I mean their main weakness seems to be hiding behind a bush until they walk into the open and investigate.

Minor nit pick, and it doesn't hurt the story, but my autism was mildly triggered.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.