[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Farce Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
They fire off the big gun from the outer rim of the galaxy and the blast instantly traverses to the planet located across the galaxy.

Even at the speed of light, wouldn't it take a really long time? To fully traverse the Milky Way it would take light 100,000 years.
>>
>>64344366
I think it's mentioned that the Starkiller weapon is "super-luminal," meaning it somehow utilizes hyperspace.
>>
ikr, and the spaceships make sound in space, which is complete bullshit, SPACE IS A VACUM JJ ABRAMS YOU DONT HEAR NOISE AT ALL
>>
They say something about "hyperspace laser".
>>
Kylo Ren gets shot in the chest with a Bookiee Woecaster, which is basically a railgun charged with plasma, and then manages to shrug it off.

Shouldn't he be dead?
>>
It seems like JJ.Abrams learned something about pyschics after "Space Electrical Storm" and... "Supernova threatening the whole Galaxy".
>>
File: 1446144451964.jpg (22 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1446144451964.jpg
22 KB, 400x350
The force doesn't make any sense midichlorians aren't even real
>>
>>64344418
>super-luminal
>somehow everyone in the galaxy can see it traveling
>somehow the planets inhabitants can see a giant red beam slowly descending onto the planet
>>
it's just a fucking kids film, don't think so deep about it you autists.
>>
>>64344502
I don't get it either, man.
>>
the worst part of the movie is the part where starkiller base actually fires

>beam somehow travels across the galaxy
>doesn't incinerate everything on the surface of the planet, nor ignite its atmosphere with the amount of heat and radiation probably being released
>everyone in the galaxy can apparently see it even though the beam is moving faster than the speed of light, through a different fucking dimension
>the system blown up is named once, ONCE in a very fast, very easy to miss line of dialogue
>the planet looks like Coruscant, but isn't
>they mention twice that they blew up The Republic but it isn't explained how damaged they are, how many people could have died, whether the entire fleet was there, or how this affects anything and move so quickly past it that we're left wondering what the fuck even happened
>at no point does the movie even address the republic again after this point
>>
>>64344366
It travels through hyperspace.
>>
>>64344418
>its centerpoint
>but its called starkiller base!!!
>and the neo empire has it

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
File: your opinion.png (108 KB, 1023x909) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.png
108 KB, 1023x909
>>64344539
Noted.
>>
>>64344619
then how can we see it
>>
>milenium falcon travels at light speed
>swords with programmable light
>pretty much all aliens have human anatomy
>everyone in the galaxy speaks english
>they have laser blasters which seem inferior in every way to regular fire arms
>and the list goes on and on

These are the types of movies that you just have to throw any logic out the window
>>
>>64344765
>>swords with programmable light

Lightsabers can actually make sense in a science fiction context if you make them a narrow forcefield generator rather than laser sword. You have it be the sort of energy shield you'd use to vaporize space dust that gets close to a ship, and then just focus it into a sword.
>>
>>64344615
It was confusing as fuck.

I am 100% sure that everybody who saw the scene was going WTF just happened, and then had an internal debate as to whether or not it was complete bullshit
>>
>>64344366
Millennials proving they need cartoony CGI in order to keep their autistic minds engaged.
The dialogue specifically notes that the beam travels through hyperspace.
>>
File: Grievous_Boasts.jpg (130 KB, 1627x915) Image search: [Google]
Grievous_Boasts.jpg
130 KB, 1627x915
Note that a real Lightsaber would consume all the oxygen in any enclosed environment.
>>
>>64344647
It would be pretty easy to bullshit an explanation, but really it's because they wanted to have a shot of it travelling. That's it.
>>
>>64344848
Even for pop sci fi, a brief word mention of hyperspace weapon wasn't enough. The imagery just wasn't clear about what was going on.

1-2 second shot of the beam entering hyperspace like the ships do would have explained it well enough
>>
File: 1434588159121.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1434588159121.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
>>64344366
Great now I want a story about a super planet busting laser being shot at a planet. And then it going the speed of light with absolutely nothing the population can do about it.
>>
>so it's just a bigger death star
>well it's gotta have a weakness
>if we just destroy this small part we can destroy the whole thing
>but first we gotta go in and take out the shields

IT'S LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME STRATEGY THEY USED 30 YEARS AGO

AND ALL THEY HAVE ARE A FEW SQUADRONS OF X WINGS

AND ALL THE FIRST ORDER HAS IS ONE STAR SHIP

AND ONE OF TFO'S LEADING STORM TROOPERS WILLING BRING DOWN THE SHIELDS

AND SOMEHOW PROGRAMMED-FROM-BIRTH ORPHANS AND SLAVES ARE BETTER THAN A CLONE ARMY

HOW IS HE A TRAITOR

YOU CAN'T FUCKING HAVE LOYALTY IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE

THEY'RE FUCKING PROGRAMMED
HOW THE FUCK DID HE BREAK THEIR PROGRAMMING

AND IT'S LITERALLY A NEW HOPE

LITERALLY

IN SHINY 2015 COATING

FUCK THIS MOVIE
>>
>>64344851
Well yeah why do you think he was coughing all the time??
>>
>>64344990
He's a traitor because he's force sensitive, it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>64344366
Just came here to say that rey is cute as fuck, and you're all mad because shes into rightful bbc
>>
I like how they learned to fortify their weak point this time, requiring some infiltration and lots of explosives. Too, bad they still haven't learned to leave a garrison.
>>
>>64344990
>HOW THE FUCK DID HE BREAK THEIR PROGRAMMING
He had a high midichlorian count
>>
I just saw this movie last night. I'm honestly surprised by how bad it was.
>>
>>64345074
When you have a weapon the size of a planet, I think you can be forgiven for not leaving an army around some small part. It's still a retarded weapon in general though.
>>
>>64345053
>>64345083
CLONE ARMY

THE FUCKING LEADER OF THE EMPIRE FOR A GENERATION WERE TWO SITH LORDS

HOW DID THEY BELIEVE THAT A POLICY CHANGE AWAY FROM A CLONE ARMY WOULD BENEFIT THE EMPIRE THE FORCE IS DICTATED BY NATURAL BIOLOGY

FUCK THEY SHOULD JUST DEVELOP A BIOWEAPON THAT ATTACKS MIDICHLORIANS AND ERADICATES IT FROM EXISTENCE
>>
>>64345190
Clones are expensive, they spent all their money making the retarded planet gun
>>
File: 1451376095315.png (14 KB, 494x655) Image search: [Google]
1451376095315.png
14 KB, 494x655
>>64344615
You can fix this here

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

It's literal unequivocal reddit. I know. No need to point it out.
>>
Ships need a hyperspace generator.

Where is the beam's hyperspace generator.

Tell me that, nerds!
>>
>>64345390
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/K6y2F6zxB9FXvPOcqIO
>>
>>64344851
A lightsaber blade is made of light. There is no chemical reaction occuring to consume oxygen.
>>
>>64345407

Except constantly burning the atmosphere.
>>
>>64345407
Light can't melt steel beams anon
>>
>>64344990
>AND ALL THE FIRST ORDER HAS IS ONE STAR SHIP
And yet has the men and resources to make a weapon THE SIZE OF A PLANET.
>>
File: 1451355099828[1].png (244 KB, 997x613) Image search: [Google]
1451355099828[1].png
244 KB, 997x613
>>64344366

It's because they activated the midichlorians
>>
>>64344366
I thought that planet was in the same solar system.
>>
>>64344366
It's ripe for nit picking but the biggest problem is the huge rip off of the plot from A New Hope. I was like Holy Fucking God get a new plot already, as I sat there.

On a general note: Anyone who knows real women and real black people is getting sick of seeing them portrayed as the "best people on earth" in the Jew written media.

Let's force integrate all the rich whiteish Jew neighborhoods with poor black and brown people and see how they like it.

Then when they complain about all the theft and violence, let's call them racists and say deal with it, it's only what you forced on the rest of America. How do you like your own social program? Not so fun when it's in your neighborhood, is it?
>>
>>64344366
It's mentioned as travelling at "ultra-hyperspeed" or something.
>>
>>64345522
How?
>>
>>64344615
Exactly, keeps it open for sequels to do what they want.
>>
>>64345650
>It's ripe for nit picking but the biggest problem is the huge rip off of the plot from A New Hope. I was like Holy Fucking God get a new plot already, as I sat there.
Obviously that was the whole point, to ride on Star Wars nostalgia. Personally I would've preferred something more original but I do think it's a clever way to please the plebs and make mad dolla
>>
>>64344497
patrick stewart needs to see a doctor
>>
>>64345650
>Let's force integrate all the rich whiteish Jew neighborhoods with poor black and brown people and see how they like it.

They tried this already in an experiment called "New York City."
>>
>>64344497
Only a Sith deals in absolutes...
>>
>>64344502
In the star wars universe there are a series of portals that act like interplanetary highways that connect planets from several star systems. It could be possible that they made use of these same portals to fire the beam which would explain why any other planet could see the beam. Rather than being one long beam it'd be segmented and spread apart.
>>
File: 1446742876520.jpg (86 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1446742876520.jpg
86 KB, 650x560
>>64345818
>>
>>64345190
>FUCK THEY SHOULD JUST DEVELOP A BIOWEAPON THAT ATTACKS MIDICHLORIANS AND ERADICATES IT FROM EXISTENCE

Are the Rakatans canon anymore because that's exactly what happened to them.
>>
File: plaid.png (765 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
plaid.png
765 KB, 1920x1040
So when is anyone going to composite plaid over top of everyone watching star killer base go off?
>>
>>64345997
Hopefully Disney just quietly forgets about midichlorians.
>>
>>64345997
Was midichlorians even mentioned in KotOR?
>>
>>64346047
Midichlorians are only mentioned in PM, right?
>>
>>64346047
Nope. KotOR isn't even canon any more, and midichlorians actually have nothing to do with the Force.
>>
>>64346067
I wouldn't be surprised if they were mentioned somewhere in the giant shit heap that is SWTOR
>>
>>64344497
>jontron 70 years from now.jpg
>>
>>64346125
Luckily, SWTOR is also no longer canon. Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>64344615

If they don't even bother showing the Republic or their fleet after this and the excuse is "they were blown up" I'll be pissed. Of course I wouldn't put it past them considering that they apparently have a phobia of new ideas or anything that isn't a carbon copy of the originals.
>>
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/K6y9JXJMh5B3y0AL3kV
>>
>>64345650
That would be the real plan to counter SJW logic. Just drop six pale-skinned, apple-titted, black bespectacled white girls with a hard on for minorities and safe spaces into the heart of North Saint Louis for a week and let's see them come out of the thing blaming everything that happened on white privilege.
>>
>>64346200

I saw someone post the other day that not-Coruscant getting blown up was a fuck you to the prequels but I think it's actually JJ blowing up the OT.

He obliterated everything that the characters in the OT worked for to make way for the new cast/story (new is a generous descriptor).

We're not going to get to see the fleet, it's fucking gone, the whole film was about setting everything back to zero. The OT is only good for referencing now to get cheap laughs.
>>
>>64344982
There is a greentext of this concept I have seen before, some alien race deems humanity unworthy and shoots it at us, but then we overcome war and become peaceful. They look on in shame knowing they cannot stop the attack and have condemned an innocent race to die. Unfortunately I don't have it saved, but you might have some luck on Google images if you search "humanity space greentext".
>>
File: 1449980158798.png (77 KB, 234x243) Image search: [Google]
1449980158798.png
77 KB, 234x243
>>64344366
Oh,look. It's a /tv/ brings logic into a fictional setting thread
>>
>>64344468
it hits him in his lower side, you see him thumping it during his fight with Finn. That shit hurts
>>
>>64345407
>>64345542
It's plasma made from light. It's not a combustion reaction though, just phased light through a crystal or some shit.
>>
>>64344468
Goddamn Bookiees
>>
>>64345650
your butthurt would be acceptable if there weren't shitty woman characters in the first order. Plus, there's only one black guy in the entire film. Practically everyone else is white or an alien.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
What was worse, Dexter's diner or the Kanjiklub?

I'm leaning towards the Kanjiklub, I like what Lucas was going for with the Ernest Borgnine alien.
>>
>>64347068
>overcoming war and being peaceful is a sign of "growing up" to modern day Westerners

Too kek, at this rate, the West won't even make it to space or galactic travel. They'll be too busy trying to handle the migrant and refugee and "civil rights" crisis. Meanwhile China will be traveling the stars, while you're still debating wether or not Muhammad can enter your country or be called a racist
>>
>>64344851
Seeing how big star wars spaceships are and how I haven´t seen anything relating to oxygen in the cross-section books in any vehicle, how do they do it anyway? I would assume they managed to develop artificial oxygen generators so ships don´t have to calculate how many people are on it, redirect oxygen to full rooms etc. It would also close your problem with the sabers.
>>
>>64344502

It exited superluminal travel at this point.
>>
>>64349288

IIRC star wars uses an "oxygen field" that can be expanded and manipulated like a force field, only it allows people to breath inside it.
>>
>>64350206

I should also mention I think I read that in a book somewhere so it probably doesn't count anymore.
>>
>>64344615
>Coruscant

It was Coruscant they blew up right? They said something like "now we will destroy the rebels and their rotten senate" then shoot the big beam. It had to have been Coruscant! or else what? Something that looked like it and was full of senators too? I'd be so angry
>>
>>64350366
It was the Hosnian system. They said so in the movie.
>>
Just turn your brain off :^)
>>
>>64344990
You'll still pay to see the next one.
>>
>>64344812
This. I wish I didn't read all the spoilers before watching it, I wonder how I would have even interpreted that scene. Looking back it was probably a big what the fuck moment to the uninitiated.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.