[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just rewatched the prequels and I don't understand how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
I just rewatched the prequels and I don't understand how anyone who enjoyed episode 7 doesn't enjoy the prequels. That's not to say I didn't enjoy TFA, I did, but it's not that much better than the prequels. In fact it's only better than AoTC and PM, RoTS was better than TFA. Any legitimate complaints about the prequels can be made about TFA. Of course I expect few people to agree with this sentiment as the reddit circle jerk forbids any of the redditors here from saying anything negative about TFA and anything positive about the prequels and the 4chan contrarians won't ever say anything good about TFA. None of the movies flat out sucked, only parts of them. I'd even go so far as to say that if not for parts of kid Anakin and all of jarjar than PM would be better than 6.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2
>>
>>64343629
There is literally nothing wrong the the prequels except the dialogue imho lads
>>
>>64343629
Pretty much my order. Tone down annoying Anakin / JJ and PM moves above TFA. Fix the romance in AotC by making it much shorter while still accomplishing the same thing or by spending that much time on it but actually making it good, and AoTC moves above TFA
>>
Everyone in this thread is bad and they should feel bad.
>>
>>64343629
i put 7 on par with one but other than that this is objectively the best ranking
>>
>>64344133
>>64345012
>>64345164
wew lad
>>
TFA looks like a cheap syfy show and the villain has a comic relief scene

It's a Marvel flick with the name Star Wars on it
>>
>>64345240
The amount of quipping and how fast paced everything was was distracting

JUST MARVEL MY SHIT UP
>>
This 'prequels had redeeming features' meme must die. The Force Awakens is fatally lacking in ambition, meaning it could never equal any of the original trilogy and is probably a 7/10, but it's vastly superior to the prequels simply because they were, in almost every way, incredibly shit movies.
>>
>>64343629
>Any legitimate complaints about the prequels can be made about TFA.
That's dumb. I have many issues with both, and there is some overlap, but mostly they're different issues.

Anyway, I'd go 4>5>6>7>3>1>2

But, as I always say in these threads....

Top 2
IV and V

Middle 3
VI, III and VII

Bottom 2
I and II

Stick to those three tiers in your order and you're fine with me.
>>
The prequels did so much right in expanding the lore. The only people hate the prequels are people who never watched them.

3>4>1>5>6>7>2
>>
>>64345292

reddit
>>
>>64343629
Watch Star Wars (1977).
Enjoy the sexual tension between Leia and Han.
Enjoy badass Han blowing Greedo away when the little bitch never saw it coming.
Enjoy a whiny teenager growing out of his whining and finding a purpose.
Enjoy the wise Obi Wan teaching his student the truth, as a sage hero, and not a pathological liar.
Enjoy the defeat of the evil Darth Vader and the death of the even more evil Moff Tarkin.
Stop.
Take pleasure in wondering what came before and what came after. Know that this is normal to wonder with any good story. Know that there is nothing that could live up to what you imagine might happen in any prequel or sequel, and so don't waste your time with them.

You're welcome.
>>
>>64345240
this
I thought 7 looked cheap as fuck.
>>
>>64345309
Watched the sequels.
Hate them.
Watched two of the three prequels.
Despise them utterly.
Won't bother to waste my time seeing "3" or "7."
>>
>>64345292
nah

>>64345309
This is a good order. Switch 4 and 3, and 2 and 7 and you're golden.
>>
>>64343629
This is pretty close to my opinion, I'd place it on a similar level to Revenge of the Sith, which I think is a decent movie.

I prefer Attack of the Clones to Phantom Menace though.
>>
>>64345501
7 is bland but the prequels are just plain lazy, disregarding the million hours of CGI slave labor
>>
>>64345448
But watching the prequels makes the payoff in RoTJ have so much more weight. You know know the guy behind the mask.
That's how I feel.
Reminder that if you feel differently that you're opinion if just as subjective as mine.
>>
>>64345615
But there is no "payoff" because the sequels are shit, too.

There is only one movie, and then George died.

That's my story, it makes me happy, and I'm sticking to it.
>>
>>64345575
How is pushing the envelope with computer effects lazy?
They took a huge risk making so much of them CGI, and while some scenes have aged like shit, some look much better than anything in the OT.

There is a baseless stigma attached to CGI.
A lot of the matte paintings and model work of the OT would not be presentable today. It still works in the movie but all the walkers look like shit, as do the tauntauns and space slug. You can see soooo many garbage mattes in the space battles.
Some stuff still looks pretty good though, just like the prequels.
>>
>>64345648
>not liking the Yoda scenes in Empire
plebian
>>
File: 1428026409690.jpg (223 KB, 640x1027) Image search: [Google]
1428026409690.jpg
223 KB, 640x1027
>yfw Avatar wouldn't exist if it weren't for George Lucas pioneering a new age of CGI film-making

a hero and a real human bean
>>
>>64345760
I meant that everything but the CGI was lazy. Endless lazily shot talking scenes in front of greenscreens. I'm not one of those that call for animatronics to come back and for CGI to be removed, I'm just saying they used CGI as a giant crutch throughout the prequels
>>
>>64345793
>liking a fucking muppet

galley slave
>>
>>64343629
> rewatched the prequels
Why?

TFA is like a redressed OT rewatch, and that's a lot of what I like about it. It's nothing like that CGI backstory.
>>
>>64345854
>Endless lazily shot talking scenes in front of greenscreens.
Nothing wrong with the amount of shot reverse shot in these movies.
Plinkett seems to have poisoned the prequel well.

>>64345870
>caring about how they brought the creature to life, be it puppetry, CGI, or stop motion.
>>
>>64345760

1981 stop motion walkers have aged and will age better than 2000s CGI. The shots still feel grounded and weighty.
>>
>>64345922
>TFA is like a redressed OT rewatch, and that's a lot of what I like about it.
This should be bait, but it's not.
Consider suicide.
>>
>>64346008
>The shots still feel grounded and weighty.
The AT AT's look no more "weighty" than the AT TE's. It all depends on the skill of the animator.
Thene scene when the dropship drops the AT SE off looks more real than anything involving the AT AT's except maybe when that one falls on it's side.
>>
>>64345292
Haha i too am a plinkett fan ;)
>>
>>64345309

You should be banned for this po...

Actually you should probably kill yourself instead
>>
>>64346386
>...
hello reddit
>>
>>64346008
4 looks low budget as fuck, it didn't age well at all.
5 and 6 look better but some scenes are odd and show their age.
I think from the prequels only 2 aged badly, 1 doesn't even have that much CGI and it still looks great, the characters are believable because they look fairly cartoony or are just robots so they don't really hit the uncanny valley like the orange yoda in 7 does, which looks terrible even now.
>>
>>64345309

Lore in Prequels was garbage you retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>64345971
>still defending the shitty muppet character, whose shittiness could not be relieved no matter how it was generated

galley slave's whore
>>
>>64346414
this
>inb4 select bad shots from episode 3.
95% of the film looks amazing.
>>
>>64346413

Been on 4chan since 2007...

>>
>>64346448
nah
low effort shitpost 2 be h with you nigger
>>
>>64346478
Never fucking reply to me again...
>>
>>64346230
>plinkett said it so it must be wrong
>>
>>64346549
His videos are a collection of opinions framed as "facts".
>>
>>64346598
this
>>
>>64346598
>>64346634

>/tv/ shitposts aren't

Just like this entire thread
>>
>>64346542

Whatever roody-poo
>>
>>64346667
>opinions are opinions
wow big revelation bud
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.