[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quentin Tarantino Sued Over Django Unchained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1024x757) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1024x757
JUST

http://time.com/4165023/quentin-tarantino-django-unchained-lawsuit/
>>
>>64339809
>le old "they stole muh script" meme
no-one has ever won one of these
>>
>>64339833
Don't worry, sooner or later they'll get a law passed that says you can patent storylines.
>>
>Tarantino rips off something

Nothing new here.
>>
>>64339833
Even the poor sucker who got paid $250 to write The Matrix as a "contest" held by the W. Bros. LOST. ZERO PAID.
>>
>>64339809
Djando Unchained is litteraly 2hour rip-off from one half-hour Boondogs episode.
>>
>>64339892
>Even the poor sucker who got paid $250 to write The Matrix as a "contest" held by the W. Bros. LOST. ZERO PAID.
Not again this meme.
>>
>>64339833
>no-one has ever won one of these

Courts seem reluctant to award damages where there is a possibility that the similarities are coincidental rather than a taking. Proving such a thing can be difficult to do, even when it's outright obvious that the two scripts are similar. That said, there are successful cases—Golding v. R.K.O. Pictures, Inc. and Burtis v. Universal Pictures Co. to name two.
>>
>>64339987
>>64339892
Can you cite something? I can't find any info on this except Stewart v. Wachowski, but that had nothing to do with a contest.
>>
>>64339892
Not to mention Grant Morrison who actually didn't care that much that they stole pretty much everything from The Invisibles
>>
I am shocked that Tarantino and stolen something.
>>
>>64340223
Ic jast a prank, broh
>>
>>64339809
>suing over a script filmed 3 years ago, likely written 5 to 7 years ago

Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>64341382

Robert Rodriguez likely has Quentin reading the first draft on camera like he had done with Kill Bill.
>>
>>64339892
The Matrix "borrowed" heavily from Dark City, there wasn't anything new about it to begin with.
>>
>>64340279

Except the Invisibles is nothing like The Matrix apart from the jumping off the building scene and Morpheus looking like Grant's self insert.
>>
>>64342169
dark city was made after the matrix tho. it reused matrix sets.
>>
ancient greece to sue everyone for stealing the monomyth
>>
>>64342270
But Dark City was released over a year prior...
Source on that please
>>
>>64339809
HOW the fuck does he look so ugly and disgusting ? He looked absolutely fine in dusk till dawn and even pulp fiction.
>>
>>64340279
>read volume 1 of invisibles
>it's nothing like matrix
>never read anymore volumes because it's awful
And that's coming from someone who likes Morrison
>>
>>64339809
Give him one of those hats and he looks like an old lady
>old lady face quentin
The face of a poorly educated (raised ok tv and films) race cuck
>>
Will the Academy revoke his Oscar after this?
>>
>>64342303

Gayreeks just ripped off the Babylonians though
>>
>>64342397

Maybe give it another try? It's incredibly messy but I liked it
>>
>>64342124
why is that likely? he only had quentin reading the first draft of kill bill because it was while they were filming from dusk til dawn
>>
>>64339809
So he stole Reservoir Dogs and then Django Unchained. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>64339892
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo&t=3m50s

>Did Philip K. Dick disclose the real Matrix in 1977?
>>
File: TOTAL-RECALL-RED-PILL.jpg (53 KB, 613x380) Image search: [Google]
TOTAL-RECALL-RED-PILL.jpg
53 KB, 613x380
>>64342604
>>
>>64342499

Because Robert is the kind of person who does that. The reason he recorded the kill bill read because he got a feeling it was going to be amazing and setup his camera, I don't remember if he said he does it all the time, but he did noted if he feels it is something great forth coming he'd setup a camera to record it.

Anyway besides Quentin, didn't a guy a couple of years claimed he pitched hannah montana type story to disney which they turned down and then got cheated out? He was in a middle of a lawsuit with them. Kind of the same situation.
>>
>>64339809
SUED.COM
U
E
D
>>
>>64342450
If I want something English and about magic I will choose Hellblazer, especially if it's written by DeLano.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.