[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I messed up on the third one," Raimi said. "I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-21-27-29-1.png (337 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-21-27-29-1.png
337 KB, 1080x1080
>"I messed up on the third one," Raimi said. "I think they're so complete now, Marvel. They probably don't need me anymore. But if they needed me? I'd love to.
>>
He messed up on the first two as well.

Fuck capeshit in general
>>
>>64338687

>grouping based raimi with capeshit

stop right there
>>
dude begging for work lmao
>>
>>64338731
DUDE! HE JUST WANTS TO PLAY AROUND WITH SPIDERMAN NOW THAT HE CAN USE ALL THAT HOT MARVEL STUFF!
>>
They could totally bring back Tobey and Raimi and it'll all work. Raimi's spidey was technically one of the first superheroes, and after the end of 3 he goes missing/on hiatus, like Bruce Wayne in TDKR. That's why he doesn't show up during the battle of New York.

Even in Spidey-Man 2 they allude to the extended Universe. When figuring out names for Doc Ock, Hoffman says Dr. Strange, but JJJ say's its taken.

It would be cool to see Tobey come back and see a matured spidey. Fuck that kiddy shit they're going with.
>>
3 is more entertaining than both Amazing movies.
>>
>>64338574
>"I think they're so complete now, Marvel. They probably don't need me anymore. But if they needed me? I'd love to.
What is he talking about, he made those movies for Sony, not Marvel. Is he losing his fucking mind?
>>
>>64339367
He's abandoning ship. He'd rather be with Marvel for good reason.
>>
>>64338687
>He messed up on the first two as well.
Shut the fuck up, they were the best capeshit. Go cut yourself to man of steel, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>64339367
He wants to work with marvel.
>>
>>64338574
Honestly, if they had kept the focus on just Sandman and Harry it would have been perfect, but Topher motherfucking Grace as Venom was just bad casting. First 2 movies pretty much launched the superhero movie trend we see now.
>>
>>64339450
They should have casted Hayden.
>>
>Sam Raimi with Marvel
>Work Bruce Campbell back into the mix

Far from the worst thing that could happen.
>>
>>64339549
>evil dead crossover
>>
>>64339549

Make him movie version Punisher
>>
>>64339367

Old Marvel was one of the studios involved in the Sony movies
>>
Lol. He never 'worked' for marvel, rather shitty sony. They would never hire a hack like him.

>>64339680

That was when marvel was getting their foot in the door. Current day marvel is far beyond all the shitty fox and sony capeshit out their (that raimi belonged to).
>>
>>64339650
I can see it working
>>
>>64338574
He did the best he could.

It was Sony who wanted to force in Venom because all the fanboy faggots just wouldn't get off of wanting one with Venom in it. If they had let him make the movie he wanted to make then it could have been better.

This is what you get when you don't let the artists create because your marketing assholes pander to faggot fanboys who just want fan service.
>>
>>64338574
They don't want people like Raimi anymore. They want tv directors or nobodies so that they can't go too far from the formula and do something personal. That's what they got rid of Edgar Wright too

Fucking 'cinematic universe' really ruin the creativity. It's like a really expensive tv show now
>>
>>64338957
Everytime they fail and reboot, Spidey gets younger. One day, he'll just shoot webs from his baby mama's cunt.
>>
>>64338957
We can only dream.
>>
>>64339609
ash was already part of the marvel universe, well, before they blew it up
>>
That's nice that he takes credit like a good Goyim but he wasn't the one who forced venom in.
>>
>>64338687
so salty
>>
>>64339549
he could finally play mysterio like he should have
>>
>>64338574
While 3 was pretty shit compared to 1 and 2, it was still better than TASM movies.

Based Raimi should come back for the standalone Spidey movie, he could bring back some of the old cast but in different roles. And fucking bring back JK Simmons because let's face it, they'll never, ever top him. TASM didn't even try because they even knew they couldn't.
>>
>>64339775
>Current day marvel is far beyond all the shitty fox and sony capeshit out their
Which is why the X-Men movies continue to shit on anything the MCU spits out.

First Class and DOFP run rings around all the Marvel films, the only one that can trade blows with them was Winter Soldier.
>>
I wouldnt want raimi to be involved in the new ones desu. It was tugboat amd the rest of the cast that made his trilogy comfy, if raimi directed the same movies with garfield or anyone else the movies wouldnt have been as good since the only reason they were good was because they were both extremely comfy and highly memeable
>>
>>64338957
This. Spidey is one of the most important Marvel charatcer, why should we see him (again and again) as a fucking beginner? BatfleckVSRogaineman got that right with Batman, at least. Even Ant-Man had old Hank Pym.

To explain his abscence, without making him into a cunt who let people die because reasons, make him say that he was fighting bad guys while dimension hopping or something, like the underated Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon. The MCU already introduced space, portals and dimensions anyway.

Fuck, now I have this image of Memelord finding Tobey on some planet and giving him a ride home... too bad they already did Venom in the Raimi movies, that could have been a good storyline to explore. I doubt they would reuse it though, since Venom was a flop in SM3.
>>
>>64341136
>Maguire comes back as nuSpidey's uncle Ben
>>
File: 1397745775786.jpg (15 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
1397745775786.jpg
15 KB, 300x303
>>64341331
The newkid is young enough that they legitimately could do this. Tobey's what, late 40's now?
>>
>>64341364
Probably early 40s by now. Just say it was Richard's younger brother instead of older brother, good enough.

But he still bangs Marisa Tomei
>>
>>64340079

See: The Force Awakens.
>>
>>64338574
>Talking like a beta who got dumped by his fiance and wants to be allowed to enter the cuckshed while his ex fiance gets plowed by her husband

I hope the quote in the OP is a fabrication because that is so embarrassing
>>
Use Tobey as old man Spidey, and Mayday as Spider-Girl for that beginner superhero feel.

Spider-Dad is a fresher idea than going back to high school full time with the character. The formula worked well enough for Ant-Man with old old man Pym and young-ish Lang. Spider-Dad would use that sort of dynamic, but explore it further with themes of parental issues, legacy heroes, etc.

Fuck Miles Gary Stu Morales.
>>
>we see Tom Holland's Spidey
>something happens
>another more mature looking Spider-Man appears
>"so... you're that Ultimate kid, huh?"
>cut to Spider-Man's mask
post yfw
>>
File: 1421347689666.jpg (16 KB, 283x397) Image search: [Google]
1421347689666.jpg
16 KB, 283x397
>rewatch SM 1 & 2
>can't stop crying every time aunt may and uncle ben scene
>mfw Peter tells aunt May the truth
>>
>>64341234
Is this even English? Learn how to properly communicate before you spout your inane opinions please.
>>
>hates characters he's told to work with
>doesn't read up on character whatsoever
>/tv/ believes he should be given a second chance
It'll just be the same thing because Feige will tell him to do the movie in a certain way with certain characters and villains and Raimi is going to throw another bitchfit
>>
>>64339389
>best capeshit

That would be Blade
>>
>>64343745
AY YO REDDIT!
>>
>>64339650
>Not Kraven

You had one job
>>
>>64343456
I such a faggot, i cried during the cemetery scene from Spiderman 1 with mary jane.
>>
>>64343745
Which part did you not understand? I think your reading comprehension is just lacking desu senpai
>>
>>64341416
It's Hollywood, you have to suck up to the studios and blame yourself for their fuckups. If you don't do that then you won't last long unless you're a Hollywood God like Steven Spielberg.
>>
>>64344425
Fuck off with your studio apologist garbage. Raimi delivered Sony two immensely successful Spider-Man movies, they should've let him do what he wanted with Spider-Man 3 instead of forcing him to shove Venom into the movie.
>>
Sony shitposters put to rest. Raimi admits it
>>
>>64345984
You're a retard that doesn't understand how Hollywood works. If Raimi said Sony fucked him over on Spider-Man 3 that would kill any chance of them hiring him to do the new Spider-Man movie and he really wants to do it.
>>
I liked Tobey's Peter Parker but I think he was a bit too socially retarded at times.
>>
>>64340921
>They don't want people like Raimi anymore. They want tv directors or nobodies so that they can't go too far from the formula and do something personal. That's what they got rid of Edgar Wright too
>HURR I AM GOING TO COMPLETELY IGNORE JAMES GUNN AND GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
>>
File: Spider-Man_151Pyxurz.jpg (178 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_151Pyxurz.jpg
178 KB, 1600x1200
remember when superhero movies had heart?

remember when the superheros weren't all mary sues with endless one liners?
>>
>>64346225
not really, no
tobey just happened to be a whiny bitch all the time which is just as much a one note performance as being cool all the time
>>
>>64346044
Or that faggot should have just put Venom in the film as the primary antagonist.

I mean Sandman, is probably the 10th most recognisable spiderman villain.

OFFICIAL /TV/ LIST OF SPIDERMAN'S ROGUE GALLERY IN TERMS OF RELEVANCY/MARKETABILITY/NOTORIETY/INFAMY
>Venom
>Green Goblin
>Dr Octopus
>Carnage
>Mysterio
>Hob Goblin
>Kingpin
>Lizard
>Rhino
>Sandman
>Electro
>Shocker
>Vulture
>>
>>64338574
Still my favorite entry in the series
>>
>>64346446
I like Spider-man but the villain lineup is pretty weak to be honest
>>
I always thought a great trilogy for spider man would have been
>Lizard
>Morbius
>Kraven + Punisher
Basically it's exploring the genetic manipulation of Spider-man where over the last two movies Parker is slowly turning into the man-spider where eventually Kraven and The Punisher have to hunt him down in NYC. And a special guest appearance by Rhino how he should be, not that robo shit they had in ASM 2
>>
File: 3016505zUfkG6U6.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3016505zUfkG6U6.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>64346446
>no Kraven
>>
File: GET ON UP.webm (3 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
GET ON UP.webm
3 MB, 640x264
>>64338574
He only "messed up" by creating what is objectively the best film in the trilogy webm very related.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.