[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched Sicario alone for New Years and luckily it was great,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: sicario_nws3.png (204 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
sicario_nws3.png
204 KB, 620x349
I watched Sicario alone for New Years and luckily it was great, but I have a couple questions.

Why did the bad guy's wife close her eyes and do a little whimper-gasp when Alejandro said "don't forget about my daughter"? Why didn't Alejandro give the bad guy more time for his family's death to sink in before killing him? He looked in shock.
>>
>>64335233
1) because as a mother she knew how pissed off benicio was and that they were completely fucked

2) because giving him time to process shit would've been too good. ending him with the last thought in his brain being complete shock is ruthless and alpha as fuck
>>
>>64335233
>Why didn't Alejandro give the bad guy more time for his family's death to sink in before killing him? He looked in shock.
He was too pissed off.
>>
>>64335379
>>64335681
Thanks.
>>
>>64335379
/thread
>>
>>64335233
i did the same for NY, i dont like faggoty holidays
liked the movie, but it shows lazy writing/research
also what are their motivations? any of them for anything they did.
also FBI is 95% accounting 5% surveillance and 0% SWAT action. and no wimpy girls. lots of stupid shit like that.
>>
>>64335379
No.1 is correct. I'll also add that she was probably content with drinking from the chalice, but was never directly confronted with the horrors of her husband's dealings.

Also, for those interested, the original screenplay had Alejandro let the wife and children go, but the husband was killed.

The cartel leader was given a choice: his wife, or his life. He chose his wife's life, she freaked and Alejandro shot the man anyway and let the rest leave. I prefer the film's ending, I was impressed they shot the kids, I didn't think you really find that in an American film - though obviously the director isn't American.
>>
AN EYE FOR AN EYE NIGGA

The original sounds shit
>>
>>64336313
meant for >>64336154
>>
>>64336335
It was. Alejandro has a bigger part in the first coupel of acts in the original. The film opens wth him drowning a man in an allegory for baptism, while he recites a prayer. It was Boondock Saint-tier. Villenvue really elevated this script to incredibly lofty heights.
>>
>>64336313
>AN EYE FOR AN EYE NIGGA
Makes the world blind
>>
>>64336451
Fuck off shitskin poo in loo.
>>
>>64336451
There's still one guy with one eye dumb cunt
>>
>>64336582
who can always hide behind a bush
ghandi was wrong, nobody had the balls to say it
>>
>>64336434
Why didn't they use this stuff
That's all so much better
>>
>>64336693
Believe me, what Villenvue did with the script was fantastic. The changes were great.

Another change was Blunt went outside the bar and got fucked, when the black dude realized the cowboy was with the cartel, he cold clocked him, instead of Blunt going home with the cowboy.
>>
"You kill families every day...today will be no different"
Thought he was gonna make him do it himself
>>
The part with the knife in the tunnel made my dick diamonds
>>
>>64336434
The film opens wth him drowning a man in an allegory for baptism, while he recites a prayer.

Was this the one with the water gallon or a different scene altogether?
>>
I hope they make a sequel, maybe from the side of the Colombian cartel
>>
Should we tell him, bros?

>>64337188
>>
Hiding bodies in the walls of a house in desert heat is incredibly fucking stupid
>>
>>64336751
>what Villenvue did with the script was fantastic
lol.

The script was a mess. The character build ups were all shit, Kate was unbelievably naive, the movie is fucking 'just look at how AWFUL drug war is' in the most annoying way possible before turning to a shitty Steven Seagal movie for no reason at the end and dropping all the narratives it had built up for even more shallow narrative where it reveals its nothing more but a pile of shit
>>
>>64337532
>>64337532
As I said, what Villenvue did with the script is fantastic. I've read it, it's a mess.
>>
>>64337556
The script in the movie is a fucking mess and no amount of meaningless pretty pictures from Deakins can save it.
>>
>>64337595
It's essentially 3 set pieces with filler in the middle. I thought it was great, perhaps a 7.5-8/10, but it had pacing issues - regardless, the sound design, photography, and soundtrack was incredible.
>>
>>64337447
So is shooting someone before throwing them out a plane
>>
>>64337672
Thought it was barely passable. Villeneuve still has no his own style.

He has been second rate Nolan, Lynch and now he just allows Deakins to shoot his movies
>>
>>64337802
I would say Fincher rather than Nolan. Nolan is mad-for-tv at best. Villenvue is cold and sterile, similar to Fincher.
>>
>>64337802
Deakins helped with the script.
>>
>>64337899
>Villeneuve is cold and sterile.
How can you say that when there is no Villeneuve movie out there? Fincher is that for a reason in his later career (TSN) , Villeneuve 'feels' that way because he has nothing going on in his movie, it's empty.
>>
>>64337447
the bodies and bomb were meant to be discovered to spread fear

the police showed up too early before they were done prepping the house
>>
>>64336451
DESIGNATED
>>
where can I watch it streamed?
>>
>>64336154
>though obviously the director isn't American.

you have to go back
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.