[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the worst critic in the world? Armond? Stuckman? Non-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Reel Film.png (27 KB, 594x220) Image search: [Google]
Reel Film.png
27 KB, 594x220
Who is the worst critic in the world? Armond? Stuckman? Non-conformists might even say Ebert. I nominate Dave Nusair. He's a total pleb who has somehow gotten onto Rotten Tomatoes. His site is http://reelfilm.com/index.htm. He's given 2/4 reviews to Lawrence of Arabia, Duck Soup, and Vertigo. He's reviewed to Jean-Luc Godard films and given them both zero stars. Also if you read his website, count how many times he uses the phrase "piece of work". It's astounding.
>>
Fuck off David
>>
>He's reviewed to Jean-Luc Godard films and given them both zero stars
I've only seen Two or Three Things. There's no way you faggots can think that was a good film.
>>
Extreme contrarianism for the sake of extreme contrarianism garners attention.
>>
he gave the new star wars 4/4
>>
>>64318139
Not really, no. Watch Une femme est une femme, Band of Outsiders or Made In U.S.A.
>>
>>64318048

Duck Soup was hysterical. What the hell? I think this guy might legitimately have ADHD and some other more serious impairment.
>>
File: bad critic.png (547 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
bad critic.png
547 KB, 256x256
>A perpetually tedious and uninvolving effort from Alfred Hitchcock, Vertigo follows former detective John Ferguson (James Stewart) as he agrees to monitor the movements of a friend's wife (Kim Novak's Madeleine) - with John's fast-growing obsession with the woman eventually leading to disastrous consequences. Vertigo's admittedly engrossing opening - the film kicks off with an exciting foot chase - gives way to an almost oppressively dull midsection in which hardly anything of interest occurs, as scripters Alec Coppel and Samuel Taylor offer up an uneventful narrative revolving entirely around John's aforementioned obsession with Novak's bland character. The total lack of chemistry between Stewart and Novak is merely the tip of the iceberg in terms of the movie's problems, with the bulk of the first half devoted entirely to John's pursuit of Madeleine and his eventually romance with the character. Hitchcock never gives the viewer a single reason to care about any of this and it's clear, too, that the glacial pace only compounds the film's arms-length atmosphere, with the screenplay's absence of compelling attributes ensuring that Vertigo, for the most part, feels like a short film that's been expanded to an often interminable 128 minutes. And while the movie does boast a handful of engrossing images and sequences - eg the justifiably iconic climax - Vertigo ultimately comes off as a fairly disastrous misfire that's almost entirely devoid of engrossing, attention-grabbing elements.
>>
>>64318048
>Spirited Away - 2/4
>Movie 43 - 2/4
>>
File: Screenshot (85).png (40 KB, 720x297) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (85).png
40 KB, 720x297
Is there anyone with a lower rating?
>>
>this guy gets paid to review movies and you don't
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.