[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no way that Rey is Luke's daughter. First off,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
There is no way that Rey is Luke's daughter.

First off, there was no clear love interest for Luke at all, the only person we ever see him kiss is Leia and although those two having a super powerful force wielding child would make sense, that is way to fucked up for Disney. It is also unlike the films to just pull that kind of shit out of thin air.

Another important factor is that the Jedi are not meant to have a love life, look what happened to Anakin. There is no way that Luke Skywalker, the last real Jedi, would danger their entire future like that and go down the same path as his father (which I guess would be a kind of cool plot but still fucking stupid).

She has to be Han and Leia's child there doesn't seem like another possibility. How else did she possibly know how to pilot the Falcon as well as, if not better than Han? Besides, it would make sense to isolate the sister of the Padawan that went to the dark side on Jakku. I don't think Luke would want to go through something like that again. It was best to leave such a powerful user of the force away from all this commotion. Which is probably why Luke seemed so distraught when she was holding his Saber, at that point I think he knew he failed from keeping her away from that kind of thing.

She would still be the granddaughter of Vader, which explains the abilities sure, but no way is she Luke's daughter.
>>
>>64314560
>She has to be Han and Leia's child
Then why don't they mention this when Han and Leia reunite at the base?
>>
She's absolutely Luke's daughter, her mom is the lead in Rogue One. If she wasn't his daughter her arc wouldn't have payoff.
>>
>She has to be Han and Leia's child there doesn't seem like another possibility.

I'm pretty sure Han and Leia would have remembered having a daughter that they abandoned on a desert planet for some reason.
>>
Not that it matters anymore, but did Luke ever have a gf in the EU or did he died a wizard?
>>
>>64314751
>Fanfiction writers
>Not shipping the protagonist
>>
File: leriddlemasterfaec.jpg (17 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
leriddlemasterfaec.jpg
17 KB, 300x233
>>64314668
Han's job offer was his "I know" moment with his daughter.

Leia hugs Rey for a full two minutes at the end.

These are subconscious reactions. In truth, they asked Luke to mind-wipe them of her memory when they hid her on Jakku after Ben's training failed, because they knew Kylo and Snoke would try to probe their minds to find Rey since she was the only force-user capable of stopping their plans now that they had broken Luke.

>luke: hey, my kid's a pretty powerful force user. maybe i should train her along with her cousin.
>nah, i can only handle one kid at a time, might as well drop her off with a slaver like my dad. certainly nothing could go wrong
>>
Are the books canon? because it is implied she's a weakness or atleast someone Kylo Ren has compassion for and he touches her face instead of just having his hand hover over it.

It would make sense if she were his little sister.
>>
>>64314824
He probably mindwiped her and left her on Jakku after columbining the rest of their school, since she's his cousin
>>
>>64314824
Only things on film or books commissioned by disney are canon.
>>
>>64314560
I'm thinking she's either cloned from Anakin's DNA or she's "Revan" and really a Sith Lord and final boss of the new Trilogy.
Most evil folk in Star Wars have British accents. It wouldn't bother me if the true villain is a woman who everyone believes is going to be the protagonist and Finn is going to have to man up and take her down. Nobody fucking believed that Rey wasn't going to be the force user of the bunch.
>>
>>64314560
>interact with Solos 50% of the time in the movie
>lol she will learn Han is her father post death

Yeah, no.
>>
File: He was a good friend.jpg (393 KB, 960x309) Image search: [Google]
He was a good friend.jpg
393 KB, 960x309
>>64314560
Pic related.
>>
i had forgotten about the incest in star wars

lucas' fetish
>>
>>64314592
>>64314668
I'm pretty sure they wanted to keep things secret for as long as possible, considering what happened with Ben. Luke probably mentioned the problems with emotions and everything idk. Leia did give her a long hug before leaving to find Luke, generally you don't hug strangers for long periods of time. Sure it's a bit of a stretch but I refuse to believe that she is Luke's daughter.
>>
>>64314560

>he has to be Han and Leia's child there doesn't seem like another possibility. How else did she possibly know how to pilot the Falcon as well as, if not better than Han?

Yes, just like I can drive my father's car as well or better than he can. That is how genetic inheritance works. Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_nz1dpca0511v16r4uo8_400.gif (2 MB, 268x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz1dpca0511v16r4uo8_400.gif
2 MB, 268x180
>People think they'll pull the parent card for a third time.

Her parentage is either insignificant or she's a clone. She was clearly kidnapped and hidaway on Jakku for a reason and doesn't know where she's from? Too obvi.
>>
>>64315063
why are you bringing in logic to discuss fanfic tier fantasy?
>>
>>64315085
They avoided pulling it the second time with Ben specifically so they could use it in Episode VIII
>>
She's a master mechanic that can fix anything and has insane piloting skills. She's clearly Luke's daughter, that's a trait shared by all the Skywalkers.
>>
>>64314560
>How else did she possibly know how to pilot the Falcon as well as, if not better than Han?
Why would piloting skills be genetic? I bet she's another jesus baby like Anakin was
>>
File: STAR-WARS-BLACK-SERIES-6IN_Rey.jpg (786 KB, 3940x3940) Image search: [Google]
STAR-WARS-BLACK-SERIES-6IN_Rey.jpg
786 KB, 3940x3940
>my name is rey skywalker
>you killed my uncle, prepare to die
>>
GUYS. We're completely ingoring the real question. Where the fuck was Lando Calrissian?
>>
>>64314560
she is the force
>>
>Kanata: You won't find what you're looking for...
>protip: Her family
>K:...waiting on that piece of shit Jakku, but moving forward
>Rey: Luke.

>Protip: Not by accepting Han's offer, not with joining the Rebellion (aka Leia)

I'm not even going to touch how the movie end with them reunited

>Protip: A emotional scene that serves as parallel to Han/Kylo encounter

compared with the grief hug with Leia.
>>
>>64314824
https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/461579307341840384?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
>>
>>64315259
not sure why that didn't work
https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/461579307341840384
>>
Han is her father after all, he was my uncle just doesnt sound rigth.
>>
>>64315197
Lando is a sleazy lobbyist for outer rim gas mining interests
>>
>yfw solofags can't accept han and leia produced picture related
>and want to claim rey as theirs

Accept, it'll hurt less.
>>
>>64314824
The movie also implies that Kylo has a fondness for her, it was pretty obvious in the interrogation scene.
>>
File: maninastarwarssuit.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
maninastarwarssuit.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>64315332
>General guy who blew up death star 2
>lol nvm not important.
TFA was basically a bunch of cashgrabbers trying to pretend that they cared. And they did to some extent, but still they did it wrong
>>
>Rey training at the jedi academy
>Kylo goes crazy
>Luke- ohshit.jpg
>Hides Rey on Jakku
>leaves map with old dude on same planet as her
>"sry han and leia, not-rey died, your son was crazy and found dad's mask"
>>
>>64315123
Leia is a Skywalker
>>
>>64314986
Wait wait, what if he abandoned her so that she doesn't become a jedi?
>>
>>64315611
that and him offering to be her teacher had me raising my eyebrow
>>
>>64316023
Why didn't he abandon her in a planet that is not a shithole filled with mobsters, scraps and all that shit?
>>
>>64315332
>general in the alliance
>hero of the battle of endor
>baron administrator of cloud city
>reduced to a lobbyist
no.
>>
>>64316344
BECAUSE THATS HOW IT HAPPENED TO LUKE AND ALSO ANAKIN

WE MUST COMPLETE THE MEME
>>
>>64316344
Perhaps if she were to live in a shit planet she would have a harder life and couldn't experiment her superior powers. Also perhaps because he thought nobody would try to find her here.
>>
>>64316485
Still it's pretty much being an asshole not putting an adult to help her, even if it was later on, especially that nigga with the map living next town.
>>
>>64315650
>>64316359
Meanwhile Han, hero of the Rebellion, is reduced to a petty murderworm smuggler and Leia, the first leader of the New Republic, is reduced to living on some shitass 'Resistance' world. Apparently anyone who did anything useful in the OT is now worthless for some unexplained reason.

Lando is probably going to be revealed as Jabba Jr.'s personal cock holster or something, just watch.
>>
She's clearly not Luke's daughter, she's also clearly not Leia's daughter. You people are retarded.
>>
>>64314560
Her being Lukes daughter would be the dumbest shit. Luke is supposed to be a model good guy jedi so why would he break the code to have kids when he saw first hand what happened to his father when he broke the code?
>>
>>64317451
^this
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.