[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whitelist content creators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17
It seems to be that a lot of people use AdBlock for a couple of bad ad sites. But just because they are lazy, they decided to block revenue for online content creators. This while it's extremely easy to whitelist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyv1t4RmBZA

What do you do?
>>
>>64308000
I'm seeing the ads right now and it's all cute anime stuff. Why would I block that?
>>
>>64308000
GET A REAL JOB

ADS SHIT UP THE INTERNET
>>
>>64308000
"Whitelists" end up being obsolete as ad companies shuck and jive to get themselves put on each and every one of them.

The only way to do it is to enable ads for sites you like.
>>
>>64308000
I block all ads all the time
>>
File: Untitled.png (461 KB, 857x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
461 KB, 857x480
AS SUCH FURTHERMORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZZUSpeS4k
>>
>2016
>still using AdBlock
You might just notice an _increase_ in performance on whitelisted sites.

If you're not using uBlock Origin on desktop and Mozilla Focus on iOS, you're literally wasting your time.
>>
What's easier, whitelisting or not whitelisting? Whitelisting takes minimal effort, but not whitelisting takes no effort at all, and I don't lose out either way. Online content creation is not a career. Get a real job.
>>
File: netflixadblock.png (26 KB, 828x636) Image search: [Google]
netflixadblock.png
26 KB, 828x636
Hijacking this thread because the current topic is autism

These are the adblock filters I currently use to block Netflix's episode descriptions (Literally what's the point of them, other than spoiling you about the episode?)

Do you guys also use them, or maybe some different ones?

Are there any filters that block the big screencap of the episode that Netflix shows at the beginning of episodes (it's basically a minor spoiler too)
>>
File: Every Night.png (724 B, 246x184) Image search: [Google]
Every Night.png
724 B, 246x184
>>64308000

>content creators

LOL NO
>>
News websites, forums, gamingsites, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are all existing thanks to adds. Many people are thinking of YouTube when they hear "content creator", but they also make the news articles and design Facebook.
At the end of the day, they have to pay for the servers as well (and/or staff). If you trust a site, you can whitelist it and support it that way.
>>
Good goy
>>
>>64310152

Facebook existed for a long time on minimal advertising revenue that happened to be text based and sponsored in such a way with a minimalist approach.

Zuckerberg whored out his vision and it slowed down the site.

Advertising models are bypassed because our media landscape is so saturated with greed. The rise of adblocker is a direct response to their models untenable attitude towards plurality of the advertising model itself.

You either design the nature of the product to have a modest setup or it will most likely be blocked. Or better yet create a system that minimizes resource usage by ads and a lot of people wouldn't care as much beyond the annoyance issue.

Ads slow down websites and content.
>>
>>64310152

You know the internet still existed way before everybody was throwing ads on everything right?
>>
>>64309084
>tfw no one else does this
>>
>>64310372

I agree that some ads are designed to "Overrule" a webpage. Those sites have real issues due to those ads indeed.

However, most webpages don't have that problem. Some people don't even know how the ads on a webpage are placed, because they've never seen it without AdBlock. If they check and it isn't so bad, they could whitelist it. If it isn't, than you can use AdBlock indeed.

But denying revenue to creators without having seen the ads on a page, that's bad. 2 or 3 ads (the average amount of ads on a "normal ad" page) aren't any harm and easy to click away or deny.

Whitelisting isn't much of an effort at all and if it's a "good" site, why not helping them improve? And if they improve, they might even need less ads!
>>
>>64309084

does it suck having autism?
>>
File: 1447271862748.png (257 KB, 700x497) Image search: [Google]
1447271862748.png
257 KB, 700x497
>>64308000
So I'm stealing youtube videos now?
>>
>>64308000
I whitelist sites I use often. Mostly that is, some have such fucking annoying ads that I can't use the site without adblock.
>>
>>64308000
I don't even remember the last time i've seen an ad.
Adblock is the best thing to happen to the internet.
>>
>>64310898
does it suck being unfriendly?
>>
>>64311137

How is content creators not making money good for the internet?
>>
i use an adblocker and i have a program to download youtube videos and i reupload them without the owners permission and monetize them
>>
>>64311252

"the internet" doesn't owe anyone money or a living.
>>
>>64311252

What content creators, fail army or some lets player on youtube? some shitty flash game on adult swim?
>>
>why dont you give money to some fat nerds who do fucking nothing
>>
How long before advertisers pay adblock to perma whitelist them?
>>
File: 1450661437228.png (120 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450661437228.png
120 KB, 300x300
>"content creator"
>they're just people without an education who review popular media or let's players
>high contrast video with an overly enthusiastic personality
>WHAT'S UP GUYS

why would anyone want to support them?
>>
>>64311394
>why don't you want to support the people who create things you like

I know it's hard to understand if you don't like anything.
>>
I watch some guy who breaks down tools and builds shit for a laugh on youtube sometimes he has a video where he charges for watching it. This is a better way of doing it if someone wants to make money for this kind of thing.

I stopped watching TV years ago and only watch stuff online because of the ads and convenience. Having ads in some youtube video, fuck no.
>>
>>64311505
because if he didnt someone else would
>>
I whitelist sites that don't have intrusive ads. YouTube ads are the fucking worst. It's that simple.
>>
I have adblock on my laptop where I do most of my browsing/shitposting, but not on my PC that I browse via my TV and mostly use for youtube/streams etc

its a brand new PC so might install it at some point if they get overly annoying and aggressive with the ads
>>
File: 1412545717528.jpg (28 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1412545717528.jpg
28 KB, 474x595
>>64311715

Feel good about yourself spending News Years Eve reporting threads on a Mongolian Image hosting site, and then announcing in said thread that you reported it?
>>
>>64311843

>not having ad block on a computer which you use for streaming

that seems kinda stupid anon, considering it takes a whole 30 seconds to do.
>>
>>64311405

Content creators are not only YouTubers. It's clear that it's the easiest way of becomming an content creator on the internet, but the people behind new sites, facebook etc. are also content creators.

Who not support them?
I am also quiet sure that you watch YouTube videos regularly. They entertain you, why won't you support them than? And how sure are you that they don't have an education? Skills can bring you far as well, that might be the case for some of them.
>>
>>64311945
its more the case I just haven't got around to it desu cause as I said its a brand new PC

had it installed on my previous one. but that thing was so slow by the end I pretty much couldn't watch anything with an ad on it as it would cause it would stop responding and even crash, which it would often do anyway regardless

I don't watch those idiots like Nostalgia Critic or Linkara anyway so its not like I'd do it on their behalf
>>
>>64312105

>content creator

stop making up words
>>
File: videoblocker.png (10 KB, 765x130) Image search: [Google]
videoblocker.png
10 KB, 765x130
>adblock + video blocker combo

Feels fantastic
>>
>>64312327

Content creator is a very real word, as well as a job
>>
File: keks 4 you.jpg (57 KB, 1357x951) Image search: [Google]
keks 4 you.jpg
57 KB, 1357x951
>>64313127

>people believe this

LOL
>>
File: 1451161680518.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451161680518.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>Not using ublock orgin
>>
File: 1428016832919.jpg (231 KB, 1329x874) Image search: [Google]
1428016832919.jpg
231 KB, 1329x874
Better idea.
>>
Patreon is the best system.

If you regularly make content I like, I'll give you money directly. That's better than wasting my time with an ad I don't care about so that an advertising company can get money, which you see a small percentage of.

Kickstarter I don't get. I know there are rewards, but why pay money for something that hasn't happened yet? What if it turns out to be shit?
>>
>>64313430
>Advance Cookie Manager
>Chatzilla
>Flagfox
>Mega
lol
>>
I whitelist some YouTubers and sites I usually vist, but that's it. More than enough as well in my eyes.
>>
>>64310152
>News websites, forums, gamingsites, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are all existing thanks to adds. Many people are thinking of YouTube when they hear "content creator", but they also make the news articles and design Facebook.
>but they also make the news articles and design Facebook.
>Facebook.
haha why the fuck would i ever support fucking facebook? yeah, like that's going to convince me to support "content creators." go fuck yourself, you retarded nigger faggot
>>
>>64313430
>adblock
>disconnect
>no google analytics
Nice redundancy, pham.
>>
>>64310888
NOPE
>>
>>64313127
Content creator is a buzzword made up by 50 year old lawyers in LA. The wear loafers and white pants and really don't give a shit about anyone west of Las Vegas or north of San Francisco. It's a blanket term to describe anyone who doesn't a have real job, and instead makes money as a professional shill (i.e. Pewdie-Pie).

This is a reminder to block the ads, for they come from people who take advantage of your beloved "content creators". And to disregard the made up words these assholes use to ruin the internet.

thank you.
>>
>>64314597

smartass with big words. As you learn how to read, he just told some examples. Not saying which you had to support.

Their income is based on ads to survive, all of them. You can support whoever you want. But I don't think you can even support much with a brain like that.
>>
>>64315128

Content creators are not just YouTubers. If you like it or not, they fall under that term as well.

Content creators are also the people behind news sites for example. Their income is also based on ads. If you don't want to support what you call "people without a real job", you can and just whitelist a news website.
>>
File: Capturedfsd.jpg (439 KB, 1296x3736) Image search: [Google]
Capturedfsd.jpg
439 KB, 1296x3736
>>64310152
>whitelisting a site so the faggots who take your videos / post downs can continue to get paid for it

Fuck um. Theres to much google moderation anyway. Maybe if they couldn't afford so many mods they every other awesome video I enjoy wouldn't get deleted.

I support the places that support me and my interest without censoring or deleting things I like or unpopular opinions.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 149x367) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 149x367
>this kills the Juden
>>
>>64308676
This is the only correct way to browse the internet
>>
File: vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png (243 KB, 460x413) Image search: [Google]
vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png
243 KB, 460x413
>>64311402
It's already happening actually some ad blocker are asking you if its ok if they whitelist some sites yet they don't tell you which sites before you agree or disagree. It's only a matter of time before they stop asking you if its ok and just white list some sites by default.
>>
>>64311687
>YouTube ads are the fucking worst
This so fucking much!

I remember when youtube first started with ad. At first it was only vevo music videos that ran ads.

Than youtube partners could enable ads if they wanted which was fin with me.

Than all videos on youtube got ads by default unless the owner of the channel goes in and changes the settings and asks for no ads to be shown on their videos.

It went from seeing one ad after watching 5 videos to seeing an ad every other video you would click on.

Now there's not a single video on youtube you can click on without an ad.

Actually clicking on a video on youtube these days and not getting a fucking ad is like winning the fucking lottery .
>>
>>64310152

But I don't want to support it.
>>
>>64315796
it's almost as if the enormous amount of bandwidth that youtube uses isn't free
How do you think anything gets made? Why would any adult with a need to support themselves create content if they didn't think they'd ever get paid for it?
>>
File: 1450836972629.jpg (18 KB, 438x428) Image search: [Google]
1450836972629.jpg
18 KB, 438x428
>>64316024
>create content
>>
File: 45645k.jpg (404 KB, 969x581) Image search: [Google]
45645k.jpg
404 KB, 969x581
>>64315796

>Dat feel when you have to watch a forced Movie trailer ad in order to watch the movie trailer ad you wanted to watch

>An ad within an ad....
>Watching an ad in order to watch an ad

This is when they went to fare in my book.

I actually licked on a Disney trailer for an upcoming movie and the trailer ad I was forced to watch before getting to watch my trailer was for the same fucking Disney movie.

Needless to say my mind was officially blown by the amount of greed I had just witnessed
>>
>>64315796
>he does not use ad blocker
>>
>>64308000

I don't use Adblock, I just filter all my traffic through OpenDNS and blacklist ad servers there.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.