[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever see a good TMNT movie? Or is there just too much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
Will we ever see a good TMNT movie? Or is there just too much money making a movie that only appeals to kids?

I thought it had potential to be great, and I don't see why they couldn't have taken advantage of that and had someone competent direct it.
>>
There's a new one coming out and it looks pretty fun.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>64306387
Tmnt 2 looks like it will be the goat tmnt movie
>>
File: Earth_to_Echo.jpg (27 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Earth_to_Echo.jpg
27 KB, 300x443
>>64306585
>>64306428

The trailer for the first movie seemed awesome too.

The director of TMNT2 is a music video director. Not exactly promising. His only other work is a 5/10 E.T. clone for children. The producer is semi-successful but still not promising enough.

I'll watch it like I did the first one, but certainly pirate it. I can't spend any money on it until I know it's good, and I'm glad I didn't go watch TMNT 1 in theaters.
>>
>>64306387
We did see one, in 1991.
>>
>>64308764
This movie stayed pretty close to the humor of the cartoon. I think the appeal to it is part nostalgia and part because they didn't spend exorbitant amounts of money just for a shitty movie. It doesn't hide itself.
>>
I really can't stress enough how much I absolutely despise Nickelodeon. They tarnish so much that they take. I don't know what their problem is, but they don't seem to care about entertainment.
>>
>>64306387

>1991 one is a campy masterpiece
>second Bay one looks like fun absurdity like Speed Racer.

>>64309173

New cartoon isn't bad. and if you were into power rangers they've kept that nostalgia alive.
>>
>>64306731
And Colin Trevorrow was a fucking nobody, yet he managed to handle JW perfectly.
I hated TMNT 1 but the trailer for the second looks promising.
>>
>>64306387
We already did. It was called teenage mutant ninja turtles.
>>
>>64309173
Unless your first exposure to the franchise was the laird/eastman comics it has always been a cynical cash grab.
>>
File: 1450014123936.gif (428 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1450014123936.gif
428 KB, 500x322
>>64306387
>Will we ever see a good TMNT movie?

The 1990 is & always will be the "good TMNT movie" just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>64311401

Donny - "I know what your problem is. You're claustrophobic."
Jones - "Hey! I ain't ever looked at another guy like that."

Fucking gold Jerry.
>>
>>64311704
Well it also shows it's age and crudeness, as homophobias don't tend to be in good movies.

>>64310567
I would love to see a movie based on the original comics. A show would be nice, too.
>>
File: 2015-12-31--13_44_26.jpg (89 KB, 272x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31--13_44_26.jpg
89 KB, 272x480
>niggas pretending like the 90's one wasn't shit too
>>
>>64312075

Ummm this exhange has meat.

shows a lot about Casey as a flawed person. He is constantly trying to be macho in front of April and is obviously self conscious. He's always trying to one up the turtles in insults and is always making an excuse for his mistakes.

when he says this line the turtles laugh at him and his bigotry.

This was a solid film.
>>
>>64312201

>81%
>>
>>64312201
I'm sorry that New Line Cinema didn't take into account that there would be a movie metacritic where you can just pay off bloggers who call themselves critics to post unwarranted praise in 1990.
>>
i literally just finished watching the second one and am on the third now. not sure if i'll be able to finish it.
>>
>>64312286
And they perpetuate it by playing it on the big screen. Irony. There's no reason they should have exposed kids to a bigoted character even if it was a developing one.
>>
>>64312788

Word, thats the movies fault...

>shit parents for not raising a smart reasoning child who can tell the difference between entertainment and reality.
>>
>>64312075
>Well it also shows it's age and crudeness, as homophobias don't tend to be in good movies.

Casey was the one being mocked. The homophobic guy is also so ignorant that he doesn't even know what "claustrophobic" means.
>>
The original TMNT movie is the best TMNT adaptation ever so there is that.
>>
TMNT were always overrated from the beginning

sorry, but they are a bit shit
>>
>>64312788
But it's ok to expose them to faggots?
>>
>>64313082
Yes. Exposing children to the reality of a world where some people prefer the same sex is better than exposing them to a violent degenerate homophobe calling for the death of a group of people. You probably stereotype them based on stereotypical whores you see in parades, and that's adorable and all, but it's time to grow up.
>>
>>64313134

>still blaming movies
>>
>>64313134
Let's expose children to the reality of the world that Casey Jones never even LOOKED at another man, now get your faggot fucking ass out of here. I'm surprised you can even type with a cock in each hand you fucking punker bitch.
>>
>>64313134
Shot yourself in the foot there buddy. Try again next time.
>>
>>64313217
>blaming movies

Let me give you an extreme argument. If you showed a kid gore images, would blaming the gore for him reacting negatively and having an existential crisis be a bad thing? No? Then why would something milder, like homophobia, be exempt from that?

>>64313278
Really? I triggered you? That's cute. You sound like a middle schooler, to be honest. I grew up and realized that being an edgy /b/tard was something to grow out of.

>>64313324
>It's bait because I disagree with it

Nah, I really hate fegs. Right? Grow up.
>>
>>64306387
>good TMNT movie
The first one and the second one were good.

The CGI one was good.

The Michael Bay one was really good.

The third one was mediocre, mostly due to lack of a strong villain.

I mean, you have to remember that these are kid movies. They aren't even "all audience" films. They're meant for children, specifically toy-playing young boys.
>>
Can't lie: I was smiling during this entire sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPmMPCrEuA8
>>
>>64313956
>Let me give you an extreme argument. If you showed a kid gore images,

LOL I'd blame the person showing the gore images.

Entertainment/art is never the guilty party bucko.

Homophobia/racism is not triggered by films or tv shows but by people making bigoted and ignorant choices they make themselves and learn from their piss poor education/parents or lack-of.

educate to eradicate.

also there is a ratings board to protect teh kiddies.
>>
>>64314284
The person is responsible for showing the images and the images are responsible for the reaction the child gets. To not acknowledge this is to feign ignorance that the images even existed in the first place. That doesn't make sense, now does it? You really should think about your reasoning here.
>>
>>64314351

>the person is responsible for showing the images...

Full stop
>>
>>64306387
"I WANT A SERIOUS TMNT MOVIE FOR ADULTS!" - a literal manchild

Piss off.
>>
>>64306387
The next one looks fun as fuck since I grew up with the 80s cartoon. Plus having Green Arrow as Casey is awesome since that show is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.