[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>While talking to Rose about how much he loved the films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: sour.png (358 KB, 655x594) Image search: [Google]
sour.png
358 KB, 655x594
>While talking to Rose about how much he loved the films he created and four of which he directed — even calling them his "kids" — Lucas said "sold them to the white slavers that take these things, and ... " Lucas did not finish his thought (49 minutes in to the clip below), but rather laughed before Rose moved on to another question.
>Lucas went on to tell Rose he has accepted that the franchise is now in other hands, then he somewhat criticized the latest installment, The Force Awakens.
>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas told Rose. "I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new."
>Before the deal came about, Lucas said he planned on writing and directing the sequels to his original trilogy. Then the sale occurred. Disney was not interested in his ideas for the follow-ups, so he stayed away from the production of Force Awakens, he said.
>"They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway, but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up," he said. "And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.' "
>The latest installment has been a massive success and will likely become the highest grossing film of all time.

What the fuck is his problem?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lucas-quips-he-sold-851545?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
>>
>>64305588

Ayyy lmao, he sees the new films as the pleb mass mainstream schlock thta they really are
>>
The lady from Doctor Who?
>>
>>64305588

why dont u watch the interview and find out instead of reading it as 3rd hand sensationalism
>>
File: 1448311944263.jpg (20 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1448311944263.jpg
20 KB, 460x259
Lucas should make a house out of stones before he starts throwing them.
>>
File: tumblr_me66nvERvu1qml4w1o1_500.jpg (108 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me66nvERvu1qml4w1o1_500.jpg
108 KB, 500x364
>>64305588
>even lucas is calling them out for making a new hope 2: the next generation

I love it.
>>
BASED LUCAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQPu-5C-WY
>>
>>64305588
>What the fuck is his problem?
Literally says "white slavers" and "retro"
If you can't piece it together, he means that they are capitalizing it with cheap workforce like slaves did. This movie required zero effort as it had them just reuse one of his old movies, he got extremely butthurt that they didnt use his ideas for the new trilogy and make something new. Thus he realized these people are just looking for an easy buck.
>>
>>64305588
>awkwardly avoids using the term "Jews", despite strongly hinting at them through characters in his movies.
>>
>>64305640
kek
>>64305682
Well he has worked with Jews all his life, he can't just outright say it.
>>
He is right about everything. He shouldn't have sold the rights. Disney are the mega jews.
>>
>>64305588
>"I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new."
butthurt weakling argument lmao

yeah you made them different george - terrible in wholly different ways. and you used the same planet, with a bunch of the same characters. TFA is more different than any of the first 6. you have like 10 billion dollars try being nice jesus christ
>>
Lucas was right all along.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Rise Of Darth Darth Binks is the true sequel and we'll never see it
>>
File: Phelps.jpg (16 KB, 310x361) Image search: [Google]
Phelps.jpg
16 KB, 310x361
>sells it to a Jew-controlled company
>villifies whites as slavers
>ignores the fact that he sold merch licenses to people who never produced in America, and made billions off of merch made in the 3rd world
>and now it's all owned by Jew-controlled Disney they're doing even more of it than his white ass ever did

It gets so annoying seeing leftist hypocricy, and now they deflect from it with the arbitrary "blame whitey" game.
>>
>will likely become the highest grossing film of all time.

Boy they really love forcing this don't they.
>>
Yeah, because prequels were so great and all the people meddling with ot like Gary Kurtz or Lawrence Kasdan just tried to destroy George's creation. And through his recent projects like Red Tails or Strange Magic you can see how creative and original his artistic vision is.
>>
He's completely random right
>>
>>64305679

>he got extremely butthurt that they didnt use his ideas for the new trilogy and make something new

i'm sure he would have had some great ideas, like bringing jar-jar back, adding in some trade disputes, an embargo or two, and perhaps some tips on how to write convincing romantic dialogue

the original trilogy was inspired by pulp sci-fi seies of the 50s and 60s anyway and as soon as lucas had to move away from that and try and do his own thing he utterly and abjectly failed and is no position to call out anybody on anything
>>
>put a 50s diner in the middle of a fantasy space opera
>complain about tone
>>
>>64305679
>Thus he realized these people are just looking for an easy buck.
Tell me why The Phantom Menace needed to be made outside of Lucas looking for an "easy buck"
>>
>>64305588
>Criticizes "Retro" Tone of New Film
This nigga stupid. His entire career was built on retro shit.

>Star Wars based on Flash Gordon, samurai movies, spaghetti westerns
>Indiana Jones based on old adventure serials

Shut the fuck up George, you're just mad because even Disney's low-effort reboot is better than the best prequel movie.
>>
>>64305762
I dunno, guy hasn't touched his computer for 10 years because of internet hate regarding the prequels.
I am sure he had learned his lesson
Although I'm skeptic to that after reading the LucasArts games interviews
>>
>>64305588
>>
>>64305792

>even Disney's low-effort reboot is better than the best prequel movie.

but I enjoyed The Phantom Menace
>>
It sounds like he's bitter over the use of practical effects and the use of the McQuarrie designs for the x-wing

So he's showing the same bitter pouty man-child bullshit he showed when he got mad at his own fan base who asked him to quit fucking with the original trilogy.

He's pouting.

And I am offended by the "white slavers" comment, and am sick of the leftist villification of whites all the time.
>>
>>64305784
Vader needed to be made more human

The villain can't be cooler than the hero, Lucas had to go back in time and make him look like a whiny angsty faggot
>>
>>64305762
>and as soon as lucas had to move away from that and try and do his own thing he utterly and abjectly failed

III was good
>>
>>64305802
>>
>>64305735
He knows he can't say jews or he'll end up dead with some completely natural cause.
>>
>>64305792
George is a man steeped in ironies, consider his previous passion for preventing the colorization of classic B&W films in the 1980s. He either lacks self awareness or doesn't believe the same set of standards should apply to his art. He can be baffling at times with moments of lucidity however, he is right about some things.
>>
Sounds like his swamp witch nigress is filling his head with Mumbo jumbo
>>
You got 4 billion from this deal. Fuck off lucas
>>
>>64305601
So George Lucas is a genius again? You people just forgot about the prequels?
>>
>>64305796
Even if he did learn his lesson I don't think his directing/writing skills would be up to par for a new Star Wars. Ideas/world building/general plot sure maybe but as far as directing/writing leave it up to someone else (which he would never had let happen)
>>
>>64305831
>>
>>64305842
I think he realized very quickly he won't live nearly long enough to do anything of value with it and that fact is scaring him. George is done creating, even projects like the possible live action Star Wars series that purportedly had around 100 scripts written already, many by George himself, are now just archive material Disney will probably never use.
>>
>>64305674
>butthurt little dinofag appears out of nowhere
>"I'll crush you like a bug"

KEK
>>
File: 1450713843065.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1450713843065.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>64305588
>>
File: 90s Video Game CGI.jpg (151 KB, 1016x600) Image search: [Google]
90s Video Game CGI.jpg
151 KB, 1016x600
>>64305679
>Giving its film makers and most fans what they want while making money
>Problem

Prequels didn't start to become good until it's concepts and ideas, most of which Lucas mined from the "white slave" workforce he kept around him at all times during their making, where handed off to compitents that made superior media such as the Clone Wars series.
And pic related, Lucas of all people should know not to use "retro" as an insult when it comes to these movies. They were literally founded on nostalgia for the science fiction serials of old, pulp and outdated science fiction concepts and classic cinema. He's just mad that someone else gets to play with his poetry and rhyme more successfully than he did.
He's still mad he didn't beat Titanic.
>>
>>64305784
To tell why Anakin fell retard.

Fucking obviously it's about money and merchandise you sniveling redditor, but it was still Star Wars. TFA feels like a god damn capeshit flick. Han and Chewie are so out of character to the point Han has lost all his development and is now just straight up stealing and lying to smugglers. Dialogue is too modern, even the prequels kept the somewhat cheesy dialect from the 80's. It just doesn't feel Star Wars. It reeks of factory made to be consumed and forgotten once Rogue One releases.
>>
>>64305850
>directing/writing skills
actually his original deal with Disney was that he wouldn't do directing/writing/creative control, rather than just be the one that signs everything off before production.

Which didn't happen, thus he got really pissy about that, the fun part is that the person he meddled with and even contacted to sell off LucasArt, who was a really good friend to him, was a jew
>>
>>64305792
>even Disney's low-effort reboot is better than the best prequel movie
Nah. If you consider TFA is just ANH, it's really not any better than the prequels. In fact, you could argue it's worse, because at least the prequels tried something new.

Disney just took one of the best movies in the series, changed some names, and then tried to sell it off as a new movie. It sucks, dude. I'd rather see something that tries to do its own thing, even if it doesn't work.

The low effort, zero inspiration ANH copypasta is so bad, it's making the prequels look better by comparison.
>>
File: 1407114483551.jpg (55 KB, 632x632) Image search: [Google]
1407114483551.jpg
55 KB, 632x632
>>64305588
>The latest installment has been a massive success and will likely become the highest grossing film of all time.
>Kikes at THR still pushing this
>>
>>64305784
Yeah I don't know why a series that at the time had episodes 4-6 released needed a prequel trilogy
>>
>>64305831
I'm pretty sure after he saw Goofy Vader, he lost hope
>>
>>64305784
>>64305825
George had a story he wanted to tell.

You can say a lot of things about PM but at least you could tell he didn't care about throwing references in to please fans.
>>
>>64305895
What the fuck are you whining about you retarded bitch. The story of The Phantom Menace is ancillary to Anakin's fall. It could've been hinted at in AotC and that would've been enough. There's a reason why the most popular Star Wars watching order recommends to drop it completely despite it not being the worst of the prequels.
And who the fuck said a word about TFA you shrill faggot.
>>
BASED GEORGE

The plebs don't see it yet, but selling to Disney was his last fuck you to the autistic fanbase. The mouse is going to rape this franchise and leave it crying on the kitchen floor. Then it's coming back to rape it some more.

>"I think the fans are going to love it. It's very much the kind of movie they've been looking for."
>>
>>64305845
You know what? Lucas could have just remade A New Hope. He could have completely ripped off his own work. He didn't. He took chances with the prequels and delivered something different.

With this "new" movie, you can't even say it's really new because it's really all old shit we've seen before. It's just A New Hope, but they used CTRL+F and replaced a few names. It's a duplicate movie.
>>
>>64305906

>TFA is worse than the prequels

This meme needs to end. I'm not sure if you can remember the prequels coming out but they were jaw-droppingly, staggeringly, astonishingly awful and widely recognised as such. TFA pales in comparison to just how indescribably fucking shit the prequels were
>>
>>64305892
>And pic related, Lucas of all people should know not to use "retro"
Yes, but now he is free to speak his mind. No one is gonna threaten him with anything. He knows TFA is just a copy of his previous film.

He's quite mad that they didn't want his inputs, yet just straight up remake his old movie.
>>
>>64305895
>To tell why Anakin fell
They already told that in ANH. He was seduced by the dark side.
>>
>>64305928
Those characters have been at Disney for years, George has had a partnership with Disney since the opening of Star Tours back in 1987. Along with that, Star Wars Weekends have been going on for some time at Disney World. He knew exactly who he was getting into bed with considering he'd done business successfully with the company for nearly 30 years.
>>
>>64305956
Ideas ean absolutely nothing if the execution is completely botched. You can respect the man for trying but ultimately his movies are more failures than they are success.

Plus people are implying Lucas didn't reuse imagery and concepts from the OT which he did wholesale.
>>
>>64305940
>you could tell he didn't care about throwing references in to please fans.
What the fuck is this revisionism. He had Anakin male C3PO despite it weakening the narrative of the OT simply due to fanservice.
He had a story he wanted to tell? Is that why he pretty much made the script up on the fly, because of his passion for storytelling?
>>
>>64305827

III was on a par with II. I is the best prequel by some length.
>>
>>64305796
>Although I'm skeptic to that after reading the LucasArts games interviews

If that wasn't any indication that he's pretty much senile or too displaced from reality at this point to handle anything personally with competence, I don't know what is. Although he shouldn't have sold to Disney, rather he should have stepped back and let the talents already working for him take over while he focused on the business side, the way he's good at.
Give Dave Filoni a shot of that Live Action series or let some of his old OT pals or even Spielberg have a shot at the new trilogy.
But he sold to Disney and he needs to get over it.
>>
>>64305974
That was Vader bro, not Anakin.
>>
>>64305942
>every story in the prequels HAS to be about anakin and how he fell

That's actually why I like Phantom Menace so much: like Star Wars 77, it wasn't a part of some big epic. It's just a fun space adventure. Star Wars 77 eventually became a "space epic" (and so does Phantom Menace) but both work on their own as just fun stories.

Really, not every Star Wars story has to be solely about the Skywalker family. There can be other characters and other adventures in the Star Wars universe.
>>
Do people not rwalizr how unoriginal the OT was, particularly New Hope is just Hidden Fortress anyway.

You faggots will really go out on a limb and embarrass yourselves all to look patrician
>>
>>64305960
Pretty much a few fanboys threw a tantrum
>>
>>64305956
>they used CTRL+F and replaced a few names
Doesn't this describe like 98% of Hollywood
>>
>>64305960
TFA is worse than the originals because it's unoriginal.

Just about everything you think you like about TFA is actually just "things you like about ANH."

ANH is better than the prequels, but the prequels are better than ANH Diet.

The fact that you can't argue against this without petty little attacks like calling it a "meme" just shows how wrong you are.
>>
>>64306015
>New Hope is just Hidden Fortress
Well meme'd
>>
>>64305998
Yeah, they were explained to be the same person in TESB and that's when we basically knew the full background story.

We just didn't know what Boba looked like as a kid.
>>
>>64306018
It does.

What it doesn't describe is the first six Star Wars movies. Star Wars has always been about trying new things and taking chances. Now it isn't, it's about nostalgia and copying the old movies wholesale.

Force Awakens isn't going to inspire a new generation of filmmakers the way A New Hope did. It's just more of the same, and that's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>64305796
>>64305995
Aside from the Darth Icky thing, what exactly did he do wrong? Besides selling to Disney.

The Darth Talon toy was right next to Maul in the Red Fly studio, they obviously had some plan for her. For 1313, changing the protag to Boba was utterly the right move. No one wanted to play Uncharted in space until it was revealed you were going to be the most beloved side character in the saga.
>>
File: rarekylo.jpg (865 KB, 1717x1145) Image search: [Google]
rarekylo.jpg
865 KB, 1717x1145
>>64305845
>he is right about disney making a copy of his work, which goes against the idea of star wars
>hurr prequels apologists

You are fucking retarded senpai, just because people dont like that TFA is a retro star wars movie and not something original, doesn't mean that the prequels are redeemed.
>>
>>64306030

>Just about everything you think you like about TFA is actually just "things you like about ANH."

I don't think you can criticise me for valuing quality over "originality". Originality does not excuse the prequels from being shite, and the fact that TFA is trite doesn't mean it's not a quality film.
>>
when do redditors get so ass blasted when faced with the truth? Based George.
>>
File: the farce awakens.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
the farce awakens.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?

How powerful is the New Order actually? They say it's the remnants of the Empire yet the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.

What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?

Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.

Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?

How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?

How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?

What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.

Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?

Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Is Luke really that indifferent to the galaxy that he's willing to let four planets blow up rather than intervene himself?

Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?

Why does Snoke like a Playstation character and what's with that stupid ass name?
>>
>>64306015
>has never sat down and watched hidden fortress
>just repeats a "fact" he heard online
>>
>>64305987
Yes.
Also really C3PO is much smaller fanservice compared to FA.

You really should have been there to read the interviews around the time.
George is crazy it's true but that also means he genuinely didn't think it was some huge deal, it was just a "Oh heh I can put that in" moment.
While in FA you can tell they cared about that shit.
>>
>>64306075
>What it doesn't describe is the first six Star Wars movies.
Lolno. They were literally George just copy-pasting the movies he liked as a kid.
>>
>>64305991
What? I can see 1 being better than 2 to some people, but better than 3? Put the crack pipe down.
>>
I can see why he's pissed. I mean, yes, the prequels were complete dogshit, but fuck it, at least he tried something new.
VII is practically a remake of A New Hope, and the main character is the most un-entertaining mary-sue wooden actor imaginable. She makes Natalie Portman look like the greatest actress ever.
>>
>>64306098

To be fair if you question any aspects of ANH you will be met with a barrage of "well they were explained in the prequels/sequels" yet nobody is allowing TFA the same luxury
>>
>>64305968
Have you seen the "Poetry Rhymes" video comparing the prequels to the OT?
Disney is doing the same thing, only better. This time around, it actually makes sense that R2D2 and C3PO and Chewbacca are there. It will also make sense why the film mirrors a New Hope, because it's obviously heading towards a deconstruction of the storyline that happened in the OT in order to close the Skywalker saga once and for all.
>>
>>64306116
Have you ever actually watched any of the Flash Gordon serials? They're all on Youtube if you'd like to actually start saying intelligent things.
>>
Is it one guy making all this threads every day? Pattern is the same.

Picture in OP shows article headline and photograph of person.
Then comes quite a lot of greentext taken from the article.
The a short comment in blacktext, usually with a question mark.
Then the link.

It's always the same format, and the topic always relates to feminism or race.
>>
>>64306121

I
>two excellent lightsaber battles
>fairly exciting opening up until jar jar
>darth maul
>podracing

III
>token A New Hope fanservice scenes towards the end
>???
>>
Does anyone remember anything from TFA? I saw it on Sunday and I can't think of a single standout scene besides Han dying and when Luke showed up and that's just because I saw them spammed on here for the last month.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>64306088
TFA is about a treasure map to Luke, in a charted galaxy. Its abject bullshit and is far worse than any of the prequels.

> inb4 it isn't charted
When you can get views of it like this, and its mentioned to be in AotC, it is. It may not be explored or well documented, but it is charted.
>>
File: 1393163762396.jpg (45 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1393163762396.jpg
45 KB, 480x502
>>64305802
>>
>>64305588
'George' 'Lucas' doesn't 'know' what 'he's' talking about.
>>
>>64306175
I remember when the stormtroopers turned around when Kylo Ren was flipping out. Because that moment cemented my belief in this being nothing more than fanfic capeshit.
>>
>>64306143
The prequels rhymed.

The Force Awakens is just A New Hope with different names.

To put it another way, the prequels were like rhyming the word "too" with "blue." The Force Awakens is like rhyming "too" with "too."
>>
>>64306175
Sure
Finn and Poe escaping
Finn and Rey doing a combo to down a TIE
Poe rescuing Finn in Maz's castle
Plus a bunch more but this isn't the thread for it
>>
>>64306153
Yes, they want clicks. This was frequent in /v/ (the board where this shit started)
Some guy digged the archives and found 1000 entries from IGN with same file name, text style and link at the end which suggested it was a bot running the show.

I assume here on /tv/ you just have authors shilling their webpages here for better pay and security.

The first thing you learn in PR is to find sites that are related to your niche (in this case TV and films) and if they have much traffic and are stupid to follow you blindly.
>>
>>64306175

>TR-8R
>Poe and Finn escaping
>excellent Rey's vision scene
>Kylo Ren beating his stomach
> Force Parkinsons
>>
>>64306191
You know...I never fucking realized how far out the medical frigate was until now. Holy fuck they are beyond the outer rim, how do they have enough fuel to get back?
>>
>>64306209
Oh right, I remember getting annoyed at the quipiness in the film. Disney really needs to pull back on that shit
>>
>>64306134
>"well they were explained in the prequels/sequels"
What? Who's saying that? All the sequels did was introduce plot holes into a movie that basically didn't have them.
>>
File: photo.jpg (43 KB, 511x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
43 KB, 511x512
>>64305640
>>64305711
>>64305756
>>64305762
>>64305773
>>64305784
>>64305792
>>64305842
>>64305845
>>64305850
>>64305892
>>64305960
>>64305986
>>64305987
>>64306016
>>64306018
>>64306088
TFA REDDIT BABBIES BLOWN THE FUCK OUT FOR ETERNITY

SIT DOWN, KIDS
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-15-57-36.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-15-57-36.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>64306174
Best space battle
Bubble comedy
Yoda vs Sheev
Anakin and obi wan parting ways
Order 66
Anakin v Obi wan
All backed up by the best OST
>>
>>64305723

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64306236
>people actually click the articles posted on 4chan
You guys are why this site sucks.
>>
>>64306088
>and the fact that TFA is trite doesn't mean it's not a quality film.

>doesn't mean it's not a quality film.

>a quality film

hhhhahahahhahahahahahahhahaha
>>
>>64306268
Of course they do when the OP just includes a small snippet.
It's clickbait, after clicking it most people will complain in the thread that it was misleading and the article concludes with something else.
>>
>>64305991
>i
>the best
disgust.jpg
>>
>>64306209

IT'S REDDIT
IT'S SHIT
*UNSHEATS MY TWIN KATANGOS*
>>
>>64306191
>a treasure map to Luke, in a charted galaxy
It wasn't a map to Luke, it was a map to all the Jedi temples. And there's plenty of uncharted stuff out there - nobody knew about the Ewoks for example.
>>
TFA was a 7/10 at best
>>
File: 1399282509290.jpg (50 KB, 204x179) Image search: [Google]
1399282509290.jpg
50 KB, 204x179
Your are now watching Star Wars fan fiction.

Disney bought the ability to sue other people who make Star Wars, they don't have any special insight in the series. George is still and will forever be the arbitrator of what is truly Star Wars, Disney just has the ability to sue someone.
>>
>>64305802
>those white sneakers
every tiem
>>
>>64305822
>And I am offended by the "white slavers" comment, and am sick of the leftist villification of whites all the time.

You don't know the context of the term "white slaver" or "white slavery"? No wonder you're offended, you're ignorant. "White slavery" refers to the sex trade, the term originated in the late 19th century with scandalous (and probably highly fictional) newspaper exposes referring to the mass selling of white girls into sexual servitude. He's calling Disney a bunch of pimps, basically.
>>
>>64305995
but disney's done great with TFA
>>
GL is not a good director.
He has great vague ideas about creating a story but he is not a good director.
The old star wars movies were okay movies, but that is not because of GL.
The dialog is bad.
The stories rely on having the fans making up stuff about the universe to make it good.
He is the Michael Bay of science fiction.
>>
>>64306088
>I don't think you can criticise me for valuing quality over "originality".
When I watch a new movie, I want to see a new movie, not an old movie I've already seen.

>went to see the force awakens
>got a new hope again instead

It's like opening a pack of trading cards and getting duplicates of a common card you already have duplicates of. I actually own multiple versions of A New Hope, including the laserdisc. And I've seen it before on the big screen. Kind of wanted a new movie this time.
>>
>>64306143
this, anyone complaining about TFA being similar to the OT while claiming the prequels "tried something new" are just being contrarian retards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
>>
>>64306300
It would be the best if Lucas just came out and said the Disney movies aren't canon but the EU is. It would be his ultimate fuck you to that soulless entity and to manchildren fans.
>>
>>64306331
He knows he's not a good director but everyone he approached to direct the prequels told him he should do it
>>
>>64305822
>And I am offended
Fuck off. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>64306300
His idea of what is truly Star Wars is shit though, as clearly evidenced by the prequels.
>>
>>64306348
See
>>64306228
The prequels rhyme with the OT. The Disney shit blatantly steals from the OT.
>>
>>64306348
>prequels included callbacks to the originals
>"that's the exact same as tfa having the same script as anh"

No, it isn't. TPM is its own movie. TFA is just ANH.
>>
>>64306309
Have you watched the interview? He really didn't put much thought into it, he just continued Rose's metaphor
>>
he is fucking stupid that's his problem
>>
>>64306098
>Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?
To honor the old resistance movement and because Leia and co are operating without official Republic sanction.

>How powerful is the New Order actually? They say it's the remnants of the Empire yet the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.
It's not a Death Star. It is a weapon built inside of an actual planet, and is thus more limited than the Death Star by the fact that it has no mobility outside of that planets rotation. It would only have had a limited number of uses before having to be discarded.

>What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?
That's what the sequels/expanded universe is for. Just like it was for unexplained things in the prequels/ot.

>Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.
Because it was the moment the Order revealed itself. It was the moment they officially declared war on the republic.

>Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?
Why did A New Hope make such a big deal out of Alderaan being destroyed when we don't even know what Alderaan actually signifies?

>How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?
According to the novel he was top of his class which would have included lessons on defending yourself in close combat using devices such as that energy baton TR8-2R used. He was put on janitorial duty despite that because he was deemed to empathetic for combat. The genocide at the beginning of the film was a last ditch attempt to make a "man out of him" before he was reconditioned.
>>
File: 1446636003560.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
1446636003560.png
231 KB, 304x366
Is this thread shitposting, or do some people unironically think the prequels are good films?

Regardless of TFA and it's quality levels or lack thereof, the prequels have by far some of the worst writing, dialogue and acting I have ever seen in films. They are quite literally 'just turn your brain off bro' tier.

How can anyone claim the prequels are anything but literal trash and then think they can take a stance of superiority in an argument? Are Star Wars movies and fucking capeshit the only exposure to film you faggots have actually had?
>>
>>64306348
The prequels have some similar scenes.

The Force Awakens is the exact same script and story as A New Hope.
>>
>>64306295
This is stated no where in the movie. In the movie, it is a treasure map to Luke with a line and a clear endpoint with 100s of stars to reference that endpoint to. I also pointed out it wouldn't all be explored or traveled, but they would absolutely have a galactic map at the very least containing every star and you wouldn't get bullshit like "whelp, no idea where this huge section of the galaxy is, guess we're fucked"
>>
>>64306386
prequels require far more thought than TFA or OT
>>
He fucked up the prequels, that's all you need to know.
>>
>>64306401
>The Force Awakens is the exact same script and story as A New Hope.
Sure if you take memes as facts
>>
>>64306381
>>Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?
>To honor the old resistance movement and because Leia and co are operating without official Republic sanction.

Wrong. It's because there was a rebellion in A New Hope, so they had to have one here, too.

Rest I didn't bother to read because, when you're so fucking wrong upfront, what's the fucking point?
>>
File: 1394378582195.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1394378582195.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>64306381
>That's what the sequels/expanded universe is for
>According to the novel
>>
>>64305784
because the OT started at the # fucking 4? holy shit you retard
>>
>>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas told Rose. "I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new."
BULLSHIT

Phantom Menace is the ultimate retro movie
It resurrects the first draft material Lucas wrote in 1974
Back when it was Hidden Fortress... IN SPACE!
It just changes the names and locations
Everything else is the same
Qui-Gon = General Starkiller
Anakin and Obi-Wan = Deak and Anikin
Leia prototype = Padme
Chewbacca prototype = Jar Jar
Vader prototype = Maul
Empire invading = Trade Federation invading
etc
The Pod Race recycles a sequences intended for A New Hope left out of Luke flying his T16

Episode 2 and 3 just recycle bits and pieces of the original films "bigger" and "better"
>>
>>64306374
>TPM is its own movie

>find boy who is destined to become 'the one'
>mentor takes him from sand planet shithole to train him
>big bad villain kills mentor
>the special kid saves the day by blowing up a huge circular ship with a fighter

Yeah man, so different!
>>
>>64306434
>Prequelbabbies are exactly as stupid as you think they are
>>
>>64306381
>and because Leia and co are operating without official Republic sanction.
Why would they do that?
>>
>>64306422
>memes
Do you even know what words mean before you use them?

The Force Awakens and A New Hope are the exact same fucking story, dumbass. The exact same story. There's no arguing against this, which is why you're desperate to dismiss this fact as a "meme." Fuck off, dude.
>>
File: 1372893673913.png (543 KB, 576x433) Image search: [Google]
1372893673913.png
543 KB, 576x433
>>64306422
Stop. Just stop
>>
>>64306451
>not knowing how to count
embarrassing desu
>>
>>64306450
it sort of is its own movie because its a recycling of the original 1974 material
>>
>>64306450
That's not even the main plot of TPM. Anakin is a sideplot of TPM at best.
>>
File: the force copypastes.png (1 MB, 894x1174) Image search: [Google]
the force copypastes.png
1 MB, 894x1174
Lucas should just declare all of Disney shit non-canon.
>>
>>64306413
>prequels require far more thought than TFA or OT>>
The prequels require literally 0 thought and are brainless tripe the equivalent or worse than capeshit, with The Room tier writing and dialogue.

Fuck watch some films you uncultured fucking pleb.
>>
>>64306478
he is a bolted on plot to the 1974 drafts
>>
>>64305960
Actually the prequels were "widely recognised" as decent/good movies by critics instead of great.
>>
>>64306348
http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

What George was trying to do was just too bold to execute. You have to admire his balls as a visionary.
>>
>>64306490

Oh hai Darth
>>
>>64306490
>The prequels require literally 0 thought and are brainless tripe the equivalent or worse than capeshit,
how much thought does new hope, empire, jedi require?
>>
>>64306499
>1974 drafts
There were no 1974 drafts.

Lucas started writing The Phantom Menace in the late 90s.
>>
TFA should've been a movie only about finding Skywalker. Starkiller shit was unnecessary.
>>
>People bitching about TFA being a ripoff of ANH
>Praising the prequels because "hurr at least they tried something new"

Something new isn't always good you know. If it's shit then why even bother in the first place. If you adhere to a template and it ends up better than a wholly new idea than you know you fucked up somewhere along the line.
>>
>>64306478
>I-IT'S OK WHEN PREQUELS DO IT
Kek, typical denial of a delusional fanfaggot. Those were huge plot points in TPM, denying those rip offs is like me defending TFA's death star shit by saying 'y-yeah well the main plot was finding a map to luke!'.

Doesn't change the fact that it ripped off major points. Prequels are guilty as fuck nigger.
>>
>>64306522

HowDumb.png
>>
>>64306490
rich
>>
the only reason why lucas directed the prequels was because Lucasfilm is not signed up to the Directors Guild and as such he cant sign any credible directors to do it
>>
>>64306488
Doesn't fanfic usually just use the original characters instead of replacing them with new, but similar characters?

JJ is just using George's own pottery theory here. He's doing the same exact thing George was doing with his own movies, and evidently he does it better because people don't actually hate it.
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>people unironically believe the prequels are good movies
>>
>>64306504
Yeah, he really tried to do something unique. It didn't work, but you can't blame him from taking a chance.

TFA takes no chances. It plays it safe by being the exact same as one of the Star Wars that people all really liked (A New Hope). It's despicable, and people cheering them on for taking no chances are why Hollywood sucks today and full of sequels, prequels, reboots, and remakes.
>>
>>64305869
This. George has become a real-life Charles Foster Kane.
I imagine him picking up an old, dusty film reel, saying "...a new hope..."
>>
>>64306522
Phantom Menace recycles the initial 1974 drafts

you can read them or summaries of them for yourself
you can read the Dark Horse Comic adaptation published last year for yourself
you can see from either source that Phantom Menance is a direct transliteration that changes only names and locations and streamlines some meandering back and forthing and adds a podrace
>>
>>64306098
>>64306381
>How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?
Will be revealed in the next movie. But likely reasons: She had already begun training in its use when she was a kid at Lukes academy, and Ren was holding back because he knew her from that time. Remember the fuss he makes about the girl, forgetting the droid? He was probably the one responsible she's still alive, Snoke probably gave him orders to kill every padawan in the temple but he couldn't bring himself to kill her, so he erased her memories and hid her on a remote planet, hoping that was that.

>What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.
Fun and games or: How do screenplays work?

>Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.
Poe's an easy going guy that owed his life to Finn, and to Finn he was the first actual friend he ever meat, one to humanize him beyond a serial number.

>What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?
Refusal of the call. Luke seems to have pretty much given up on the world after his Academy was destroyed.

>Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?
Again, not a death star. Similar idea, different strategy. For all it's weaknesses it still managed to take out a huge chunk of the Republic and give key personnel enough time to evacuate before it collapsed in on itself. It probably served its intended purpose, and more.
>>
>>64306536
The Phantom Menace doesn't rip the script of A New Hope off.

The Force Awakens does.

It's not "okay when the prequels do it." It's "the prequels don't do it and are their own stories."
>>
>>64306015
Is Hidden Fortress in space? Lucas took inspiration from Lean and Ford and Kurosawa but he created his own world. He took those ideas and that imagery and put them in a universe never seen before.

With TFA, Disney and JJ have copy and pasted a movie from the same series of films. There was very, very little that was new in there.
>>
>>64306561
>People actually think TFA was better than A New Hope
Happy New Year, Reddit!!!!!!
>>
It basically boils down to this, do you prefer a visionary who tries but often fails, or do you prefer focus testing to the point where every single line of the movie is so safe and in-offensive that even a toddler can follow it without issues?

That's what it all boils down to. And Lucas does know Star Wars better than Disney does. SW is discovery. It's getting immersed in a different galaxy. The Disney movie isn't really a Star Wars movie as there is nothing new about it. It's just another blockbuster among many.
>>
>>64306527
The Death Star blowing up Alderaan you had Leia upset, Obi Wan having to steady himself because of how powerfully he felt all the lives being lost, and the audience understands the impact

Starkiller wipes out a system and nobody in the movie nor the audience really cares
>>
>>64306575
and just like kane, he drove everyone away
he was not a good man he just pretended to be try to make people love him
>>
>>64306576
>1974 drafts
You mean the drafts for The Star Wars?

No, they don't. I've read the Dark Horse Comic. It's nowhere near anything that's in the Phantom Menace.

Now you're just saying shit that's flat out wrong, dude.
>>
>>64306452
Because the republic things the Order isn't a threat and Leia knows that's bullshit.
>>
>>64306191

I'm not defending TFA, but technically about 40% of the Star Wars galaxy is still uncharted. Luke was in the Western Unkown Regions. This isn't just a new meme shat-out for the movie, it was established in the official Star Wars galaxy map since forever.
>>
>>64306563
>>64306587
>The Phantom Menace doesn't rip the script of A New Hope off.
>Yeah, he really tried to do something unique
TPM was laughably similar to ANH you dumb cunts.

The only new things he tried was shoehorning a fucking terrible character that everyone hated down our throats and trying to make a space opera into space politics without having any actual mental grasp on politics.
>>
>>64306615
Why would the Republic think that and why would Leia disagree? I think a whole lot of scenes got cut from this movie which is why it's such a mess.
>>
>>64306596
I prefer a safe movie that isn't fucking catastrophically bad.
>>
>>64306581
>>What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.
>Fun and games or: How do screenplays work?
it was something intended for Empire, the Wampa ice creatures, that was cut but never used - as they are retreating to the Falcon 3PO removes the warning label from a door locking in Wampas and stormtroopers open it and are attacked by Wampas

And it advances the plot
And it adds another action sequence beat
>>
>>64306427
>anon gives you a correct explanation
>still behave like a meme-spouting faggot

>>64306452
Because the republic deemed the First Order harmless after the demilitarization of the Empires remnants
>>
File: Don't worry I checked.jpg (109 KB, 491x600) Image search: [Google]
Don't worry I checked.jpg
109 KB, 491x600
>>64306556
Fanfcs often use the original characters to make the their donut steel characters more interesting.
>>
>>64306228
>The Force Awakens is just A New Hope with different names.
I feel like the people that say this haven't seen the movie.

Like the deathstar was the entire goal and plot of ANH, whereas in TFA its just a set piece to bring the characters together.
>>
>>64306134
This is bullshit. ANH is a standalone movie that makes complete sense without sequels.

TFA is reliant on sequels to fill its shit story telling and holes in characterisation. That's bad story telling.
>>
>>64306635
The same reason everyone let Germany rebuild itself after all the sanctions they placed upon it.

This is basically WW2 in space.
>>
>>64306587
>The Phantom Menace doesn't rip the script of A New Hope off.
menace recycles the 1974 drafts
>>
>>64305679
That's no different than how the prequels were made, even Return of the Jedi. And for this board, a chicken-and-egg question: what came first your anti-Semitism? or Disney making business decisions for their Star Wars product?
>>
>>64305588
He's just butthurt people like TFA more than the prequels.
>>
File: badsanta1.jpg (21 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
badsanta1.jpg
21 KB, 620x400
>>64306598
It's like these movies are written by sociopaths.

>Jim, we reallly need to do something cool
>Yeah, something that will wow people
>Let's do something big, have the New Order kill billions of people in a quick scene
>That's so cool Tim!

It was so dry and cold to the point where I started to worry about the mental state of the people writing this movie and those enjoying it.
>>
>>64306641
>pregnet
these fucking kids, man
>>
>>64306309

I doubt Lucas of all people was making such a high minded intellectual criticism. More likely it was just another attack on whites because we're an easy target despite Jews running the industry.
>>
>>64306612
>You mean the drafts for The Star Wars?
>No, they don't. I've read the Dark Horse Comic. It's nowhere near anything that's in the Phantom Menace.
you're either lying or lack reading comprehension
>>
>>64305588

He didn't like how much TFA copied a New Hope and I agree with him in that regard. However he seems overly bitter about it. TFA was still an enjoyable and fun movie which is more than his prequels were.
>>
I don't want to spend my New Year telling idiots they're wrong, so I'll just post one last time.

A New Hope is an original idea. Does it take its inspiration from other sources? Absolutely. Does it copy its script plot point for plot point? No. Was it good? Yes.

The Phantom Menace is an original idea. Does it take its inspiration from other sources? Absolutely. Does it copy its script plot point for plot point? No. Was it good? Not really, but you know what? I respect Lucas for trying. At least he tried.

The Force Awakens doesn't try. Its script is plot point by plot point copied from A New Hope. Is it good? Well, yeah, but only because A New Hope was good. Anything I like about The Force Awakens, I liked in A New Hope, and I liked it more when I saw it in A New Hope first.
>>
>>64305601
You mean like original trilogy and the prequels were?
>>
>>64306616
In AotC the jedi have a full galactic map. In ESB they can clearly see the whole galaxy. It can be unexplored, but to make it straight up uncharted is full retard.
>>
>>64306251

This. Reddit meme pandering doesn't belong in my space opera.
>>
>>64306640
>Because the republic deemed the First Order harmless after the demilitarization of the Empires remnants
Where is this stated in the movie? I can't remember any scene where the Republic claims the New Order is harmless while Leia objects.
>>
Empire>ANH>Jedi>ROTS>TFA>TPM>AOTC
>>
>>64306666
>this butthurt
jews are bad
simple as that, everyone knows that
>>
>>64306662
Exactly!!!! The prequels were an inverted OT too. Hairy Pottery.
>>
>>64305956
>CTRL+F
Your post was perfect except for this triggering my autism.
Ctrl+H is what you usually use to do a search/replace
>>
>>64306348
Rhyming imagery. Not a fucking beat-for-beat remake with endless references that only remind you how much better ANH was.
>>
File: Star Wars Battle of Coruscant 2.jpg (195 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Battle of Coruscant 2.jpg
195 KB, 1024x768
>>64306174

III had the most epic space battle.
>>
>>64306458
It's literally a meme. You can see integral differences between TFA and ANH at a glance, unless you're blinded by superficial details like DESERT PLANET and DEATH STAR.
>>>64306466
Upvoted
>>
File: Kane-Starkiller.jpg (151 KB, 650x519) Image search: [Google]
Kane-Starkiller.jpg
151 KB, 650x519
>>64306681
The original draft is absolutely nothing like The Phantom Menace. If you think otherwise, prove it. Go through the story of the original draft point by point and compare it. Prove yourself right.
>>
>>64306668
>He's just butthurt people like TFA more than the prequels.
Literally this.
>>
File: padme_annie.jpg (782 KB, 1900x1227) Image search: [Google]
padme_annie.jpg
782 KB, 1900x1227
ffs people

PREQUELS.

that is all.
/thread
>>
>>64306727
epiccccc pew pew pew pew pew pew xD
>>
>>64306695

>TFA is good
>This is a bad thing

>The prequels are bad
>This is a good thing

nice logic champ

You don't deserve plaudits for "trying". The prequels are "original" and all those original ideas were dreadful. TFA draws heavily on a good film and is consequently quite good
>>
>>64306674
That was a problem with the whole movie really, it just jumped from scene to scene to scene with no time to process anything, it really needed some slowing down
>>
>>64306714
you're a bit pitiful.
>>
>>64306739
You mean the part where they change the name of death star plans to map for luke? Total difference
>>
>>64306532
Good goy.

Watch the same movie over and over again.

Risk taking and creativity is baaaaaaaad.
>>
>>64306727

What SEGA Genesis game is this?
>>
>>64306779
>TFA fans in a shellnut
>>
>>64306365

Luke knew about the Clone Wars in Episode IV. Obi-Wan said he fought in them.

Since Clone Wars are canon from the beginning, how would you have done them?
>>
>>64306790
kike
>>
>>64306650
Differentfag here
I like TFA, but that's definitely a weak point of the movie. It's something I am all right with looking past because I loved the entire movie in general. As long as the next movie doesn't make TFA weaker, it'll just remain that way.
>>
>>64306800

>Risk taking and creativity is baaaaaaaad.

It is if the result is the fucking prequels
>>
>>64306381

It sucked-up 2 suns in the movie. It would have had to move into the range of a new one wouldn't it? I don't think it was a two-sun system.
>>
>>64306656
you only say that because you've seen the sequels. ask someone who's never ever seen a star wars movie or know anything about star wars before what they thought of it, then come back. Don't just ask your /tv/ aspie friends either, faggot.
>>
>>64306805

>Since Clone Wars are canon from the beginning, how would you have done them?

Mentioned them in a throwaway line, or thought of something better than an army of disposable robots fighting an army of slightly more sentient disposable robots
>>
>>64306754
What about them?
You type like a redditor btw.
>>
>>64305784
Because it was the original plot that Lucas imagined before even going with the episodic structure and definitely it was coming from the moment when episodes became numbered, you plinkettfag asshole.
>>
>>64306805
I dunno, probably just let some old mentor type character with a beard mention them once to signal that he has experience fighting in previous wars

Beyond that it's irrelevant to the story.
>>
>>64306636
George's great fuck ups have far more rewatchability than Disney's conveyor belt, copy and paste.
>>
>>64306794
No I mean how it had difference protagonists with different motives, who made different actions to acheived different goals.
>>
>>64306805
>Clone Wars
It was foreshadowing. George already told us back then all these movies were going to be just clones of each other. Pottery.
>>
>>64306893
>being this much of a reactionary tryhard
>>
>>64306502

When was the last time big name critics openly panned a movie by cinematic royalty?
>>
>>64306893

I guess you've never seen Attack of the Clones
>>
>>64306893

>prequels
>rewatchability

are you seriously trying to convince me people have unironically made the decision to subject themselves to attack of the clones more than once
>>
>>64306098
>>64306381
>>64306581
>Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.
He's 32 years old, there have been younger military commanders throughout history, and the New Order wasn't born from the Republic the same way as the Empire so older commanders would be unlikely to jump ship.

>What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?
I'll explain later.

>Is Luke really that indifferent to the galaxy that he's willing to let four planets blow up rather than intervene himself?
He's in self imposed exile. Even if he'd feel the force stirring, he'd have no clear idea what had happened. Again, refusal of the call.

>Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?
Explained in the movie, beyond that you just have to watch the other films to see that they are full of improbable coincidences, and further beyond that, most stories actually are.

>Why does Snoke like a Playstation character and what's with that stupid ass name?
I think they purposefully made him like Gollum because Serkis was on board and if there's a meaning to the name, it will be revealed later.
>>
>>64305735

White Slavers refers to Slavers who trafficked in white slaves. Basically white prostitutes.
>>
File: Sheev ironic.png (248 KB, 1366x584) Image search: [Google]
Sheev ironic.png
248 KB, 1366x584
>>64306490

>complex political intrigue and war spanning multiple planets with multiple factions, just like an IRL galaxy-spanning war would be

LOL JUST A MOVIE FOR KIDS.
>>
>>64306920
Interstellar got mixed reviews
>>
>>64306846
Haha thanks for giving no examples.

Please tell me the parts of ANH that need qualified in the sequels.

You can't.
>>
>>64306805
You could start by actually dealing with the Clone Wars in the prequels.
>>
>>64306904
But the goals achieved where the same? Death star was destroyed, new jedi seeks out the old, not han gets puts out of commision, and the old man dies to the not sith.
>>
>>64306936
>I think they purposefully made him like Gollum because Serkis was on board
This makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>64305588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU

what a hack
>>
>>64305895
>dialogue is too modern

This is the most contrarian thing I have ever read here.

If you wanted an 80's movie, watch an 80's movie.
>>
>>64306925

Yeah, it was pretty fun.

Loved the Fett service.
>>
>>64306739
No.

>ANH starts with a young woman who has secret information the Empire wants
>TFA starts with a young man who has secret information the First Order wants
>Empire catches young woman, but the data gets away in a droid, who escapes on the desert planet of Tatooine
>First Order catches the young man, but the date gets away in a droid, who escapes on the desert planet of Jakku
>on the desert planet we meet a young man
>on the desert planet we meet a young woman
>the droid gets captured by little people, but then the young man buys it
>the droid gets captured by a little person, but then the young woman takes it
>the droid reveals it's on a mission for the rebellion
>the droid reveals it's on a mission for the resistance
>young man meets old man, they determine to get the droid to the rebellion
>young woman meets young man, they determine to get the droid to the resistance
>empire chases them, but they get away on a millennium falcon
>first order chases them, but they get away on a millennium falcon
>millennium falcon gets caught by a space station, the death star, but after action sequences, they escape
>millennium falcon gets caught by a big pirate ship owned by a han solo, but after action sequences, they escape

Now, TFA does move some of its scenes around, but it's still the same stuff. Watch.

>old man kenobi takes the young main protagonist to a bar (the cantina) to secure transport so the data can get to the rebellion
>old man han solo takes the young main protagonist to a (maz kanata's hideout) to secure transport so the data can get to the resistance

And then Leia's rescue and the Death Star destruction gets combined for the Force Awakens.

Have to continue with next post.
>>
File: 1424794810513.jpg (35 KB, 578x472) Image search: [Google]
1424794810513.jpg
35 KB, 578x472
>>64306947
>>complex political intrigue
>>
>>64306952

But were any of those reviews straight out 'this is bad' or were they trying to be soft and say 'the things this movie tried didn't work for me' or some fluff bullshit like that
>>
>>64306811
George would truly appreciate your slurs against his closest colleague Steven.
>>
>>64306709
Underrated post
>>
>>64306947
>>complex political intrigue and war spanning multiple planets with multiple factions, just like an IRL galaxy-spanning war would be
Which is what the prequels could've dealt with but they didn't
>>
>>64305895

>even the prequels kept the somewhat cheesy dialect from the 80's

Attention everyone, this is the peak of Lucas apologism and prequel revisionism

Somebody is actually unironically claiming the decision to write the prequel dialogue was an inspired and enlightened deliberate stylistic choice
>>
>>64305796

lol

if he'd learned his lesson he'd have apologized and acknowledged how he fucked up

all he's done for the last 10 years is grow even more dickhurt that people don't like his movies
>>
>>64306863
How did the Republic become The Empire?

Obi-Wan mentions he lived in a time before the Empire existed.
>>
>>64306832
What kind of argument is that? Abrams shouldn't have taken any chances because if he did, the movie would definitely be like the prequels?

How about a solid, somewhat original, space adventure movie?
>>
>>64306953
I'm talking about TFA, you raging retard
>>
>>64305822
I'm sure his bitter an important character (maz) was CGI :)
>>
>>64306936
spot the apologist
>>
>>64306998
At least TFA made the minimal effort to make its characters be their own people instead of having a guy who is LITERALLY just Boba Fett in differently coloured armour.
>>
>>64306960
>Death star was destroyed
That wasn't the protagonists' goals
> new jedi seeks out the old
That's not how ANH ended, and I doubt the only reason Rey wants to meet Luke is because he's a Jedi
>not han gets puts out of commision
Dunno what you mean by that
>and the old man dies to the not sith.
Yes both of them had old men getting killed by evil people, but that's missing the point

Luke's goal was to find adventure and to prove himself, and he did that.
Han's goal was to make money, but instead he learned the value of friendship or some shit like that.

Rey wanted to find her family, and I suspect she did.
Finn wanted to GTFO of the conflict, but found something to fight for instead
>>
He's mad they "made something for the fans" becuase everyone knows Lucas utterly despises the Star Wars manchildren fan culture that made him a billionaire, for some reason.
>>
>>64307001

>han solo and a young guy look for a woman on the death star, find her, but she winds up saving them
>han solo and young guy look for a woman on the starkiller base, find her, but she winds up saving herself
>old man confronts young protege who turned bad and now dresses in all black, gets killed by young protege with a red lightsaber while young protagonist watch, young protagonist screams, shoots, runs
>old man confronts young son who turned bad and now dresses in all black, gets killed by young protege with a red lightsaber while young protagonist watch, young protagonist screams, chewie shoots, runs

>the death star is primed to shoot at the planet the rebellion is on, there's this countdown and its close and seems like all is lost (leia despairs in the base with the computers), but then a han solo comes in with the assist, and young man in x-wing destroys the death star, saving everyone, but the bad guy in all black gets away
>the starkiller base is primed to shoot at the planet the resistance is on, there's this countdown and its close and seems like all is lost (leia despairs in the base with the computers), but then a han solo comes in with the assist, and young man in x-wing destroys the starkiller base, saving everyone, but the bad guy in all black gets away
>>
>>64306832
The prequels were neither creative nor risk taking.
>>
I'm not surprised a lot of anons on /tv/ thinks ANH and TFA are the same movies because a lot of you can't look past the plot of a film. When you guys critique stuff (lol) you just point out plot holes and that's about it
>>
>>64306046
>>64306103

Just watched it again last night and you didn't refute the point :^)

>>64306588

I agree, I was just making the point that the OT didn't stem from some sort of creative genius Lucas had but rather inspirations he took from various different film makers to create something fun and exciting and original.

The problem is it worked in the late 70's but when trying to repeat the process completely failed, coupled with absolutely no one challenging him on certain ideas and dialogue lead to a terrible series of movies.

TFA as derivative of its predecessor (much like the prequel trilogy before it) it is, still works as a movie
>>
>>64307039
George actually purposely wrote the dialogue in a style reminiscent of 30's serials. He was indulging in his own retro nostalgia. Of course it was a shit idea, which is why he was panned for it.
>>
>>64307001
That's such a bizarre, forced way to describe a small part of TFA
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.