[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're planning a Matrix "cinematic universe".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: the-matrix-movie-poster.jpg (180 KB, 719x1111) Image search: [Google]
the-matrix-movie-poster.jpg
180 KB, 719x1111
They're planning a Matrix "cinematic universe".

That's all I can say for now.
>>
glad to hear this tbqh
>>
>>64302016
FUCK EVERY SINGLE CINEMATIC BULLSHIT FUCKING "UNIVERSE" AROUND SERIOUSLY

Also I call bullshit
>>
Good. Better than a Godzilla/Kong-verse.
>>
>>64302016

hahahahahaha, okay, sure
>>
>>64302016
Cool, can Morpheus not be dead?
He died in the shit tier vidya game.
>>
>>64302016
Hack writers gonna hack.
>>
Warner Bros employee? Tell us more you fucker
>>
>>64302085
i'm actually totally down for King Kong vs Godzilla but they're doing it way too soon, I'd rather see Mothra or Rodan or some of the other Toho monsters first
>>
Why dont they just make a matrix MMO or something, that would be super fun and autistic
>>
PROBLEM CHILD CINEMATIC UNIVERSE WHEN???
>>
I wouldn't be opposed to this idea if I heard it ten years ago. There were so many different possible directions to go in the story and universe of the Matrix after the end of the first movie. Unfortunately, the Matrix sequels took this story in the worst direction possible and wrapped it up before even beginning to graze the tip of its true potential for storytelling.
>>
>>64302139
they did, it wasn't fun, it wasn't good and it didn't have enough complexity to foster autism
>>
>>64302139
They already did.
>>
>>64302016

GO TO SLEEP JACKDURDEN.COM

I MEAN 20TH CENTURY FOX
>>
File: rev.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
rev.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
>>64302131
Here's what I know.

>Sequel trilogy. WB is trying to get all the original actors to sign on again, but if not they're considering a story where the Matrix has rebooted and there will be a new One.
>Prequels showing the formation of the first Matrix. Basically a live action Second Renaissance.
>Potential spin-off focusing on another hovercraft crew during the events of the first trilogy. This will only happen if the other films make huge money as the idea is kind of so-so.
>Considering a PG-13 rating since the only thing that made the original trilogy R was the swearing and the Zion orgy scene.
>>
>>64302624
Please be true.
>>
>>64302624

Second Renaissance was pretty cool.
>>
The Matrix was a historically great movie.

Everything that came after it was garbage. Animatrix included.
>>
>>64303231
WB still made billions off it so they're trying again.
>>
File: relative.png (798 KB, 1021x813) Image search: [Google]
relative.png
798 KB, 1021x813
>BROTHER i no longer want to be a woman but its going to cost tens of millions of dollars to graft a functioning african penis back on my body! my mistress took all my money!
>Don't Worry Senpai' i got this.
>>
I would love to see a return to the Matrix universe, but only if it can be done by people who fully realize its potential and why people liked the first movie as opposed to the second two.

Basically keep the Wachowskis away. They are to the Matrix was George Lucas was to Star Wars.
>>
shit, WB is the only major company I trust, but this sound ludicrous
>>
>>64303231

the cg has aged pretty bad
>>
>>64303231
Bad taste
>>
>>64302085
>he doesn't want kaiju-verse

One less person to take up space on the hype train, good riddance
>>
How would they even consider giving the Wachowskis even 1(one) cent after jupiter ascending?
>>
>>64302016
I quite like this flattened image
>>
File: 1438488031443.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1438488031443.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Pathetic, WB is desperate for franchises to combat mighty Disney.
>>
>>64302624
>Second Renaissance film
I peed a bit...don't be fucking lying. Also please at least let the one be R. There was some really good imagery in that short film that would only be in an R film.

>>64303231
Pleb detected.
>Hurrr I didn't get the sequels and I had to pay attention SO THEY WERE SHIT!

Also Animatrix was cool so fuck you.
>>
>>64303949

Animatrix is terrible.

The only good story is the kids playing in the haunted place and the sprinter.

The rest is emo garbage. "muh suicide is freedom"

I wouldn't put it past WB to try. They probably figure there is solid nostalgia with the property even though its been only 16 years.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.