[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are american high schools/unis really the way they are portrayed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (170 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
170 KB, 480x720
Are american high schools/unis really the way they are portrayed on film?
>>
>>64296813
baller soundtrack
>>
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>64296813
in the late 90's/early 2000's

no idea what it is like now
>>
>>64296813
Not for me. Far too many spics and niggers where I live to have any kind of fun.
>>
>>64296813
no, sex is rape now
>>
Worse. Hollywood portrays the American youth as a smarter bunch than they actually are in real life.
>>
Central California-fag here,

I went to a tiny highschool (pop. 400) with a graduating class of 60 students.

Basically the whole place was separated by cliques of upper class 'rednecks' who spoke like retards but were considered the popular clique, and then everyone else. If you didn't listen to the country station, drove a trucks, or wore some combination of cowboy hat/jeans/carhart than nobody would really give you the time of day.

It's what made me realize how retarded highschool is. But no, it's nothing like the way it's portrayed in movies. It even gets a lot of the clichés wrong
>>
There aren't massive parties that people get invited too like you see in Superbad, American Pie, etc. At least not when I was at a midwest high school(late 2000s-early 2010s). It's really just more of people drinking with their friends and cliques.
>>
>>64297340
So i've been lied to during my entire life?
>>
>>64297340

Sounds like you were so beta, you didn't even KNOW about the parties
>>
SUCK
>>
yes. but replace all the white guys with black guys to make it more realistic
>>
>>64296813
Nowadays? Lots more drugs.
>>
>>64297340
that is because people in the mid west live in town of 300-1,000. my high school had 2500 people in it in california
>>
This cuck stuff happens regularly.

https://youtu.be/0Vyj1C8ogtE
>>
>>64296813
Not really. But in regards to your pic, no, American high schools and Unis are not like that any more
>>
>>64297034

This is probably one thing you'll never see properly portrayed in a movie. Just how fucking dumb high school kids are.
>>
>>64296813
From a small school, but it wasn't very different from American Pie. The only thing it doesn't get right is how stupid they all are.
>>
>>64297083
That sounds a lot like central Texas
>>
Americans put everyone into high school? In finland people decide if they go into vocational schools at age 15 something after ninth grade. It really weeds out the tards that have no intrest in academics
>>
>>64296813
I fucking wish.

Maybe if that one girl didn't fuck over my perceptions of relationships and how I should get into them in sophomore year (thus forcing me to turn to film/television to get over it and driving what I want to be to this day) I'd have gotten laid by now.

Three years and I've not had a relationship since.
>>
>>64296813
> why do americans do X
> do americans really do X
> what does pork taste like

fuck off
>>
>>64297802
Yeah but we have lots of tech and shop classes in high schools here that teach skills and trades.
>>
>>64296813
No, most teens come from dysfunctional families even if they're middle or upper class.
>>
>>64297802
Do you have a testing system where people literally can't get into college if they don't do well on some exam administered when they're 16?
>>
All of them aged bad save for the guy's first girlfriend/fling
>>
>>64298841

No, they make sure its almost equal for everyone in different fields of college/university. Any second degree education will do, even with bad grades, as long as you pass the entry exam.
>>
>tfw only went to 3 or 4 big parties during hs
sucks being a robot
>>
>>64300438

>tfw went to no parties
>news that one was even going on never reached me
>>
>>64300538
Same

I went to like two big parties, and none of them were HUGE. Just meager things where occasionally strip spin the bottle would happen.

Nothing I'd constitute as a rager. College I'm hoping will be different.
>>
>>64300589
Where are you headed, anon?
>>
>>64301074
IUPUI
>>
File: sad948485.jpg (295 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad948485.jpg
295 KB, 1024x1024
>>64296813
>went to field parties
>got pushed around
>fell in a fire one time, burned my hand on a bedspring
>another time, got lost
>way lost
>3 hours lost
>mfw the sleep I had after a long hard march back
>never got laid at a party, ever
>got called cute for having dimples though
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.