[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best scene in cinema history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: DEATH DEATH FORTH EORLINGAS.gif (997 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
DEATH DEATH FORTH EORLINGAS.gif
997 KB, 500x245
>>
>>64296518
>Some stupid battle scene

Uh, no? It's not awful, and certainly better than anything in the Hobbit trilogy, but I can think of a few epic battle scenes which are better. I actually think RotK is the weakest of the trilogy overall, there's too much emphasis on the battles, which is just fucking boring.
>>
>>64296610

well look at this contrarian faggot. everyone knows Thedoen's speech and the Rohirrim's charge is the best scene of the trilogy.
>>
>>64296610
Please enlighten us with your favorite films and scenes.
>>
>>64296518
Personally, the battle of Amon Hen from the first is my favorite of the trilogy.
>>
>>64296518
no. next.
>>
File: 561.png (19 KB, 1210x652) Image search: [Google]
561.png
19 KB, 1210x652
Not really, they wasted a lot of men and horses doing that dumb strategy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Li998pZxwU
>>
>>64297474
>flanking
>dumb strategy
what
>>
>>64297474

The orcs had a siege formation set up taking no cavalry charge into consideration. They had a paltry amount of pikemen and the cavalry came in from the rear of their attack formation.

It was something like 5,000 Rohan cavalrymen vs. 50,000 orc infantry and they were absolutely whipping their asses until the Haradrim and their gay elephants showed up
>>
>>64297596
>>64297532

Should've waited for ghost infantry desu.
>>
Charges don't work in real life warfare.
>>
>>64297679
Well, that depends on the situation, doesn't it?

The strength of a charge lies in the shock, the fear it inspires. Against disciplined, trained, properly equipped infantry, it falters.
>>
>>64296518
Battle of Vienna movie when?
>>
>>64297596
Cavalry is best for forcing enemies to rout and ramming the fleeing opfor in the ass.
Charging at force that has no means to withdraw, whose lines are so dense that you don't have paths that allow your momentum to carry through, is going to get you fucked
>>
I'll take Gandalf vs the Balrog. The suspense was so well built for the balrog. then you're crushed with losing gandalf

didn't read the books so i didn't know he was coming back. i was crushed as a 14 year old.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.