[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-meme TKDR Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: TheDarkKnightRises_Poster-1.jpg (318 KB, 1000x1480) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkKnightRises_Poster-1.jpg
318 KB, 1000x1480
Seriously, this movie is a fucking wreck.

>Villain is a manlet DYEL with a clown voice, no backstory and that dumb as fuck mask
>generic Eastern Euro/Middle Eastern militia shit with no personality
>fight choreography is shit
>many of the normal scenes feel REALLY low budget
>generic nuclear bomb is the main plot device
>dialogue is really crap
>obvious switch from Chicago to NY
>no fucking color palette at all
>police literally run down the street at armed men with tanks

This movie is like a higher budget Sci-Fi channel flick. It really is borderline bad, like 2/5 territory.
>>
>>64295479

Depressingly bad. The fact that it even exists is a blemish on both the character and cinema at large.
>>
>>64295479

BANE?
>>
I considered it the 2nd best in the trilogy in the hype immediately following its release

it is kind of ridiculous now that the dust has settled, you assholes haven't helped with memeing it to hell and back though
>>
>>64295479
I'll try not to meme, for you.
>>
>>64295479
Get this hot head out of here.
>>
>>64295479
HOTHEAD
O
T
H
E
A
D
>>
>>64295479
Maybe it was a bad movie for you, but I thought it was pretty good. However when I went to the cinema, they had a singles only policy, so I didn't get to bring friends, now I'm a pretty big guy and take up a lot of space for a hired seat, and so I usually go for two. This reduced my enjoyment of the movie.
>>
i'll bite m8

>backstory explained in the movie, mask is the opposite of batman's cowl
>militia consistent with Nolan's universe
>best laid out fight scenes of the trilogy, still weak compared to other action movies tho
>subjective
>it's more the subplot, bruce/bats coming to terms with himself/the world is the main plot
>subjective
>ok
>movies already established as muted and dark
>gotta stand up to the militia somehow anon!

you didn't even mention the obvious problems (day to night transition, how did he get back to gotham), i am disappoint
>>
>>64295479
HOTHEAD
OTHEAD
THEAD
HEAD
EAD
AD
D
>>
>>64295545

Batman Begins is actually a great Batman movie because it feels more like Burton's. The feel of Gotham is miles better than in TDK and TDKR. It actually feels like a fantasy superhero movie.

TDK is great, but it's not really a Batman movie, it's more an action thriller with people named after Batman characters. TDKR is just a generic military movie about a city siege and shit writing.
>>
ITT: hotheads
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 691x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 691x624
>>64295531
>>
>>64295479
Thats a pretty big post
>>
>>64295639

The day night thing would be easily forgivable if the movie was good. Getting back to Gotham is definitely a huge problem though.

The real issue is that the movie distracts you with spectacle and scale, but the underlying story and writing aren't good. It's exciting, but it's generic and there aren't really any good messages. There's not real theme to this movie other than "don't lie to the population to help them"? It's just shitty Occupy Wall Street references and some bullshit about why authority is bad sometimes?

It's just a bad movie.
>>
>>64295507
Lot of loyalty for a hired shill
>>
File: 1441240420317[1].jpg (9 KB, 220x232) Image search: [Google]
1441240420317[1].jpg
9 KB, 220x232
>>64295479
what kinda guy you want famm?

J U S T
>>
>How you want your Batman killed senpai
>The most generic plot device possible
>Say no mo
>>
File: 1415462773321[1].jpg (2 MB, 2874x2381) Image search: [Google]
1415462773321[1].jpg
2 MB, 2874x2381
>>64295639
>>movies already established as muted and dark
>>
>>64295845
the writing wasn't great, but forgivable for the type of movie it ultimately was. you could double down on tdk tone, or inject some amount of fun at the expense of coherence/themes. desu i didn't mind that direction, it was the most entertaining of the three even if you can poke the most holes in it.
>>
>>64295712

Yeah I see it now

I think it's

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. TDKR
>>
>>64296089
as pictured, thanks anon.
>>
>>64296204
ok, fuck your other post, tdk had colors even if not really bright, but rises was only brown and grey
>>
Agreed. I still think the first was eh, I still like the second one even in hindsight (one of the few capeshits I like) but the third was so bad. It felt disconjoined, the pacing was off, the fights were bad, the deaths shrugged off like nothing and so on.
>>
>>64296250
i wouldn't describe the trilogy as colorful or bright t all. sure, in select scenes, but as a whole? nolan films stray towards muted/natural rather than saturated in general.
>>
>>64296151
it's actually

1. The Dark Knight

the other two don't even matter
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.