[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just finished watching this and i don't know what to think.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Anomalisa-Poster_1200_1750_s.png (534 KB, 1200x1750) Image search: [Google]
Anomalisa-Poster_1200_1750_s.png
534 KB, 1200x1750
just finished watching this and i don't know what to think. anyone got some thoughts on it?
>>
>>64294638
Devastating.

It does the best depiction of "love" i've ever seen.

Nihilistic as fuck, great voice acting, the stopmotion has parts were it's not so great, but the lighting is really good.

It's probably Kaufman's best work to date.

/tv/ will probably hate it though, mainly because the "muh voice gimmicks" will be too obvious for scholars like them.

What i don't get is why you don't know what to think?

Shouldn't you be able to do that?

Do you need approval to like or dislike something?
>>
>>64295097
>It does the best depiction of "love" i've ever seen.
Well you've never had any real life experience so you're not the best authority on things like this.
>>
>>64295208
>implying implications

Wasn't talking to you kid, fuck off.
>>
I'll wait for a better release since it won't show on my local theater
>>
>>64294638
Very potent, but also very artsy-smartshy in parts.

Just barely earns the title of MOTY in my book, but probably wouldn't of done that next year.
>>
absolute shit-tier imo. first movie in a long time I really wanted to end so I could do something else.
>>
had to turn it off because it hit a little too close to home and I was getting uncomfortable. might try again someday. all of his movies seem to have that effect on me
>>
>>64296534
PUSSAY
>>
>>64294638
The puppet sex was uncomfortable
>>
Can anyone explain why Lisa's voice changes towards the end of the movie?
>>
>>64294638
>i don't know what to think. anyone got some thoughts on it?
tv in a nutshell
>>
Is the plot like what I think? Her crossed with Amour?
>>
>>64297140
She becomes like everyone else in his eyes. He "lost" her. What made her special to him.
>>
>>64297140
Because Michael is losing her love for her and she is becoming just another person who is the same as everyone else. Really couldn't put that one together?
>>
Couldn't relate to Michael at all but I guess I could see where he was coming from. Didn't understand the whole sequence leading up to him meeting Lisa either

Really just felt like Lost In Translation but with puppet sex, not as good as I expected it to be but it was a nice change of pace for animated movies, though it wasn't the first movie to do that this year. also just butthurt because I drove to LA to watch this today and got stuck in traffic for 4 hours on the way home
>>
>>64295097
Retards like this one will love it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.