[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 /DVDScreener/ General - So Sorry Tarantino edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 8
File: movieposter.jpg (31 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
31 KB, 279x402
>The.Big.Short.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P
>Anomalisa.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P
>Spectre.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Suffragette.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Trumbo.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Spotlight 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>The.Danish.Girl.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8 <---Jewish propaganda
>Bridge of Spies 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Concussion.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Joy.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Steve.Jobs.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>In.The.Heart.of.the.Sea.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Legend.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>The.Hateful.Eight.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>Creed.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
>The.Revenant.2015.DVDScreener.x264-PtP
>Carol.2015.DVDSCR.x264.AAC-NoGRP
>The.Peanuts.Movie.2015.DVDSCR.X264.AC3-EVO
>Brooklyn.2015.DVDSCR.x264.AC3-TiTAN
>Room.2015.DVDSCR.x264-LEGi0N

>However, what then follows is a clear apology to Quentin Tarantino and those behind his movie The Hateful Eight. Hive leaked this title before it had even opened in cinemas, something which they now regret.

>“We feel sorry for the trouble we caused by releasing that great movie before [it’s release date] had even begun. We never intended to hurt anyone by doing that, we didn’t know it would get that popular that quickly,” Hive explains.

>“We won’t do another movie before its [theatrical release], and we definitely won’t go up to 40 as planned, we think we have done enough already,” Hive concludes.

https://torrentfreak.com/hive-cm8-apologizes-for-leaking-hateful-eight-dvd-screener-151230/

Do you think Hive-CM8 are really done with screeners, /tv/?

What screeners are you watching tonight, /tv/?
>>
>xvid
>>
who /ptg/ here?
>>
which ones have good nudity? I wanna fap tonight
>>
>>64291947
carol
>>
>>64291947
Anomalisa
>>
>>64290872
>Suffragette

I remember earlier in the year a lot of Oscar pundits thought this would be a big player. Didn't quite turn out that way.
>>
>>64291901
sup senpai
>>
He's done. At the very least, he's done releasing under his tag.

As far as the most likely awards candidates they're all out now. Except for 45 Years that is. I'd love that one to get release but I fucking doubt it'll happen.
>>
File: 1421281956857.png (69 KB, 237x200) Image search: [Google]
1421281956857.png
69 KB, 237x200
>>64290872
>Watching screeners
>Literally ruining your first experience with a movie

Why not wait for an actually good print?
>>
Knight of Cups is out.
>>
>>64292222
what a waste of quads
>>
>still no Macbeth
Wtf it's the fucking bard?!
>>
soooo this are like cam rips or more like dvd rips? asking 4 a friend i only buy my media af carse
>>
>>64292114
>releasing under his tag.

Only idiots do this
>>
i would like to watch some good cranston and hardy scenes from Trumbo or Legend but i'm sure the movies are going to be pretty shitty, would be great if some anon who watched them could point out cool scenes like i don't know "around 56 min cranston realize he is gay for his butler and confesses that they can't continue to solve crimes just like friends, cool scene" or something
>>
Watching DVDScr is insulting to the people who made the movies and you faggots are cancer
>>
>>64292722
>not watching the screener and then watching it again when the BDrip comes out
>>
>>64292722
I watch them partly to make people like you mad.
>>
>>64292722
Quentin Tarantino still watches movies on VHS. Why the fuck should he care how I watch his movie?
>>
>>64292722
>this fucking kike
>>
>>64292722
Shut up, you dumb jew.
>>
>>64292222
>waiting

Sorry, but no
>>
>>64291947
Trumbo
>>
Are we still sharing on volafile?
>>
>>64290872
>>The.Big.Short.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P

Must see for those with a basic understanding of high finance. For plebs it might be a bit hard to understand why things are exciting, because they don't know the risks with these contracts.

The film tries, but doesn't have even close to sufficient time to go through the same financial theory as the book its based on does.
>>
>>64292222
The screener is more than enough for The Big Short
>>
>>64295203
I did not understand any of that synthetic CDO shit. Do you? Please explain what the Chinese man's company did or why it even existed.
>>
is Trumbo any good?
>>
>>64295203

Damn really? I am stupid shit, won't even download it then
>>
>>64295321

Generic Important Biopic #4792. Don't bother.
>>
>>64295309
Haven't seen the movie, but CDO is the basis for mortgage-backed securities. The engineering behind MBS is actually pretty cool and NOT sketchy. Originally, mortgage-backed securities were relatively safe investments, as banks would only give loans to people who can afford to pay for their houses, so people investing in those securities would have a steady income stream (in essence, the money paid by a homeowner for a mortgage goes to the bank, then to an investor who is investing in a pool of mortgages, usually with the same credit rating).

What fucked it all up is when banks got greedy and decided to issue mortgages to subprime borrowers. AND these mortgages were pooled together so people could invest in them. The investors knew they were riskier, but they obviously offered a higher return.

Now, the beautifully destructive thing about mortgages, as we witnessed in 2008, is that when borrowers start defaulting on their loans, there is a huge domino effect. What happens is the subprime borrowers got hit with higher rates and couldn't pay, so they defaulted, then it's essentially like a drop of poison in these pools of CDOs and everything turns toxic. Chain reaction and everything fucks up. A lot of people think subprime mortgage-backed securities are the main proponent of the recession.

I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but in my opinion I love financial engineering. It's always shit like this that leads to economic growth, but as we see time and time again there are lots of opportunities for greed to fuck things up.
>>
>>64295309
1) He bought assets from banks and packaged them into structured products (MBS or MBS CDO), and then sold them on to investors. In normal circumstances he would hold some % of the riskier tranches of this package to lend credibility to the idea that he quality checked them. In this case he owned nothing of them, any losses would be fully borne by the investors so he had no incentive to make sure they were of high quality. He only got paid by the amount of stuff he sold onwards.

Basically he was taking whatever the banks gave him (shit), got them rubber stamped for AAA by the credit rating agencies and then sold it for top dollar to investors.

2) An MBS is just a bunch of mortgages (loans on houses) from across the US packaged into one financial product. This allows investors to buy diversified loans.

An MBS CDO is created because they ran out of actual loans. They took the risky tranches of an MBS (the ones that get paid last or second to last), acted as if those were actual loans and created a synthetic MBS (a CDO). The top tranches (who gets paid first) was rated AAA.

The problem is that this AAA top tranches gets paid zero if the risky tranches in the normal MBS doesn't get paid.

So a 30% dip in housing market would wipe these synthetics out, even their AAA. In a normal MBS a 30% dip would hurt the AAA tranche a little, but not too much.
>>
>>64295642
I understood the idea behind the CDO and the well poisoning, but I just don't get the synthetic CDO stuff. The movie explains it as people make bets on the value of a CDO going up (bet A), then someone sees Bet A and bets on that going up creating bet B and this can go on forever with more money at each stage. I don't get how they work.
>>
>>64295902
yeah there was an additional type of CDO mentioned in the movie which wasn't very common actually during the fin crisis.

1) So when these shorters wanted to bet against mortgages, the banks basically created a betting instrument for them. They called it 'the swap' in the film.

The buyer of this credit default swap would every month pay a premium (a fee) to the seller of this swap, provided that the MBS products didn't default. If the MBS products defaulted, the buyers would get a huge payoff.

Basically because the banks ran out of stuff that they could throw into the CDOs they sold to stupid investors, they thew in the seller side of the swap into these CDOs.

It makes some sense, because if the houses didn't default, the CDO would get paid by the shorters. Similar to how lenders get paid interest. If the mortgages did default, the CDO would lose money, similar to how a lender loses if a borrower defaults.

However the issue was that these were MUCH MUCH MUCH more riskier than normal mortgages and MBS products. In a normal mortgage/MBS, the lenders get possession of the houses which they then sell. They recover at least some money (usually much more than 50%). These synthetic shits basically paid the promised interest rate or you LOST EVERYTHING. That's a very bad risk profile.
>>
>>64295368
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to the average viewer for example why Morgan Stanley (where Steve Carell & co worked) was on the verge of bankruptcy.

The head of the department says that one of their guys bet against the BB tranches (which was a good bet), but he financed it by selling insurance on the AAA tranche (disastrous bet).

Some people might understand this, but they'd think the bets would somehow cancel out each other. But they won't, because he'd have to sell a lot more AAA insurance than he could short the BB. And there's no way non-financially savvy people can understand this.
>>
>>64295898
>Basically he was taking whatever the banks gave him (shit), got them rubber stamped for AAA by the credit rating agencies and then sold it for top dollar to investors.
So basically what Jordan Belfort was doing in the 90s. Only in a global scale.
>>
File: 1345612908563.jpg (73 KB, 448x600) Image search: [Google]
1345612908563.jpg
73 KB, 448x600
>>64290872
These faggots can get fucked with their moralising bullshit and can get fucked with their xvid. They just buy the screeners on the black market for epeen cred, without them hopefully someone who can actually encode will get the screeners instead.
>>
>>64296533
Sort of, except the penny stocks had nothing but air behind them. The mortgages that this whole synthetic house of cards was built on had ordinary people owning them.
>>
>retards left the thread because of the convo

kek
>>
>the music is really loud but you can't hear voices when they talk, have to keep fucking with the sound
>>
>>64290872
>we didn’t know it would get that popular that quickly,” Hive explains.

Yeah, right.
>>
friendly reminder: Macbeth will not be released
>>
>>64297736
you're still here
>>
>>64297104
could you explain the stepb y step of the penny stock scam Belfort did was well, please?
>>
>>64297104
Well the banks did a systemic security fraud. Selling a pack of lies which they knew was build on shit and banking the government would bail them out. The shitty thing about this is that we're doing it again only this time the government can't afford another bailout.The Chinese had similar crash this past summer and it nearly bankrupted the state.
>>
>>64292222
why not suck a foot?
>>
MACBETH FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>64290872
senpai, i just want son of saul
>>64291901
right here
>>
>>64298898
>caring about an adaptation done countless times
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 465x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 465x316
Michael Burry IRL
>>
Bale Character in real life is now shorting water.
>>
>>64299627
I found it interesting he is only dealing in water.
>>
>>64295642
Don't forget that they packaged the CDOs to make them seem as though they were AAA to B loans when in reality they were just different levels of B loans. They tricked Moody's and the other rating agencies to get higher ratings. That was the really messed up part
>>
>>64299884
That part of the movie was kind of inaccurate. Supposedly he has been buying water related assets for a long time, but the water he is dealing with is in water rich foods. Its not some doomsday prepper thing the movie will have you believe
>>
>>64292249
YES
>>
>>64295321
Cranston in the lead role is enough for me to check it out
>>
>>64299977
>water rich foods
>california
This guy profited from the drought.
>>
>>64299945
the most disturbing fact about this was that this all happened IRL
>>
>>64300689
How come there isn't a thread about this movie up on /tv/ right now?
Considering there's eternally 10+ TFA threads, it certainly deserves one
>>
>>64300763
I don't think the constant stream of shitposters care.

Even in this thread, we're discussing MOVIES LEAKED BEFORE SCHEDULE, and this thread isn't even active. Really tells you how much /tv/ has degraded.

Improving /tv/
>>>/qa/387240/

hiroyuki visits these threads. This is how /his/ and /aco/ got finalized.
>>
>>64300998
F
I don't think that link's correct

>>>/qa/387240
>>>/qa/387240
>>>/qa/387240
>>
>>64300998
>>64301059
Damn, I'm not even a regular but it seems like grim times ahead for this board. In fact most threads on /qa/ right now about /tv/ seem like they have sensible concerns.
>>
You know, of all the directors I expected to make a scorched-earth public shaming of the American banking system it wasn't the guy who got John C Reilly to rub a fake rubber nutsack on Will Farrell's drum-set in Step Brothers.

Can't say he didn't do a goddamn fantastic job of it though.
>>
>>64300763
I made one earlier today but it only got like 20 posts
>>
>>64300763
There were 3 threads up for this last night, one with 3 posts, one with 8 posts and one with 20 posts, most of which were pointing out the other two threads.
>>
>>64301471
You still haven't explained how my thread was a bait thread and why you just had to make your own thread when there were two up already.
>>
>>64301527
What
>>
>>64301593
What
>>
>tfw this thread will die
b-bye bros
>>
MACBETH.

FUCKING.

WHEN.
>>
>>64302493
Who cares?
>>
>>64301473
Good thing I made this general so that you fags don't fuck up screener discussion with your low key threads.
>>
saw The Danish Girl and Carol.
going to see Room and Joy.

i really liked The Danish Girl. the ending made me cry.

Carol was really good.
Rooney Mara always steals my heart. she's just so cute in the movie.
>>
>>64303107
You are a blatant fag.
>>
>>64303107
Go see Suffragette then, subhuman piece of tat
>>
>>64303107
Tumblr female detected
>>
File: every.jpg (10 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
every.jpg
10 KB, 304x166
Okay. If you buy a house, its too expensive so you pay for example 20pct up front and get a loan for the rest. To make it attractive banks give you a very attractive rate only like 1pct so you sign.

But in the fine prints, they kind of have the right to suddenly raise the rate to 17pct if they want or need to.

So after you sign the contract since they don't really trust you anyways they sell your loan ie the right to collect the monthly payment to someone else. Somewhere long the line, most people had a loan already so they prey on the financially illiterate to push those products. Since the loans themselves are too risky they pool 1000s of those shitty loans go to a credit agency and since the bundle is varied the agency give it a Good rating. Loan 10 dollars to a single guy if he doesn't pay your fucked. Loan 1 dollars to 10 different guys your risk is slightly less imminent.
It doesn't work if those 10 guys cant pay up.

Back to the house loans; the fund manager realized that more and more people couldn't pay their loans anymore. He looked at the contract which authorized a raise of the interest rates in 07. Once that happens the guy for sure will default on his loan and since he'll be broke will get house of the house market.

Since hundred of thousands of people will be in the same situation, suddenly there are plenty of houses but way less people willing to live in them. So the prices of the houses drop. All the businesses/people like that stripper who depended on the values rising to stay afloat well they get fucked and default/lay off employees.
Thats a housing crisis. But the question is, how does it spread to other sectors?

Enter the synthetic CDO stage right.
Essentially in the banking world you can bet on pretty much anything even if it doesn't belong to you directly.
>>
File: 1330501392553s.jpg (8 KB, 207x251) Image search: [Google]
1330501392553s.jpg
8 KB, 207x251
so I'm a greedy banker and I see the loan people getting fees left right and center so what do I do? I create a contract that basically says if this dude can pay his monthly payment YOU give me a small amount of money but if he cannot I give YOU ALOT of money. Since we know the probability is so low no one will sign this fucking contract I will make the amount of money SO outrageous some dude will be attracted by it.
But by now the loan people on the other side of the building have bundled up house loans, well fack it lets make mo money am I right? So I bundle up my contracts on a house we don't even own.

Imagine a bet on the previous bet.
If I don't have to pay the obscene amount in case of the default on the house loan well you give me a slight amount of money but this time its bigger because its to counterbalance in case I lose and have to pay that OBSCENE fee. But in exchange this time the carrot will be that if I lose the fee will be even OBSCENER to make it interesting.

Then we go again. WHY NOT THE HOUSING MARKET HAS NOT COLLAPSED SINCE FOREVER ITLL NEVER HAPPEN AND SINCE I DONT EVEN REA THE FINE PRINTS OF THE ORIGINAL HOUSE LOAN YOLO.

quick note. the each new bet or contract or assurance -whatever you call it- made the amounts at play increase exponentially.

You so have a financial institutions making those bets whose value far exceed the value of those enormous banks themselves. Housing market collapsed, bets have to be paid they cant be paid so the dude who made that bet collapses. But since the people making those bets were the banks/reinssurance/funds firms that typically loan to huge firms like a shipbuilder; the bank collapses so the shipbuilder cant pay his employees so lay off but cant build no mo yatch with no joe so it collapses too. Damn playing dominoes is fun. But since that steel manufacturing corp relied on the shipbuilder as main client; well it collapses too.

And yes all that is perfectly legal.
>>
>hurrdurr i watch movies in awful quality and i think its shit/great

hang yourself in your closets faggots
>>
>>64305006
>being this upset that you wasted money for nothing
>>
>>64302493
THIS

WHERE IS MACBETH
>>
>>64304969
>free market
why? we know people are retard...
>>
Chinese man's company

He did the bets on the bets on behalf of Merill lynch, a investment bank.
Which owns a small stake in the company steve carell manages funds for. So you got steve carell signing contracts paying a small amount each year hoping the people hes betting on cant pay their loans so that the chinese dude can pay him load he that happens. Essentially Merill lynch sort of bet against itself for an amount greater than itself.
Fucking harvard business school grads.

Goldman sachs did the same, failed, collapsed and the government gave them money. They gambled with your money. Your taxes.

And if its not your taxes they asked the fed for money which means increasing the money supply one way or the other which means inflation for you anyways which is an indirect form of taxation actually so there.
>>
>The.Big.Short.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P
Seen it, 9/10
>Anomalisa.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P
Got it, haven't watched it
>Spectre.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Seen it, my god why do they even bother, no wonder Craig said he'd slit his own wrists before doing another one, 4/10
>Suffragette.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Not interested
>Trumbo.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Got it, haven't watched it yet
Seen it, 6.5/10
>The.Danish.Girl.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8 <---Jewish propaganda
Not interested
>Bridge of Spies 2015 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
Got it, haven't seen it yet
>Concussion.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Seen it, 8/10, excellent story, tear jerker and uplifting at the same time
>Joy.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Had it, watched oh, 15 minutes of it, had to stop and didn't go back, 3/10
>Steve.Jobs.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Seen it, 7/10, just a small taste of the real Steve Jobs but not certainly not insanely great
>In.The.Heart.of.the.Sea.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
No interest
>Legend.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Got it, haven't seen it yet
>The.Hateful.Eight.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Seen it, 8/10 just because
>Creed.2015.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Seen it, 7/10, not all that fantastic and somewhat predictable, could have been much better
>The.Revenant.2015.DVDScreener.x264-PtP
Had it, never bothered to watch it, deleted it, sick of Leo and his fucking screaming bullshit acting method
>Carol.2015.DVDSCR.x264.AAC-NoGRP
No interest
>The.Peanuts.Movie.2015.DVDSCR.X264.AC3-EVO
No interest
>Brooklyn.2015.DVDSCR.x264.AC3-TiTAN
No interest
>Room.2015.DVDSCR.x264-LEGi0N
No interest
>>
4chan is back up
>>
>>64305194
Chinese man is a fucking rat. Merill Lynch and their banker associates are the devil's right nut. They knew the government would bail them out and the people let them because they were put to sleep by the media. Hell even academia was hijack. Economics has a lot of conflict of interest and they write books saying it wasn't their fault. The whole system is fucking rigged and fraudulent.
>>
File: 1446830068681.png (9 KB, 353x291) Image search: [Google]
1446830068681.png
9 KB, 353x291
>Star.Wars.VII.The.Force.Awakens.2015.DVDSCR.X264.AC3-EVO

>mfw
>>
>>64305522
>Your opinion

No interest.
>>
>>64304914

>Essentially in the banking world you can bet on pretty much anything even if it doesn't belong to you directly.

And that's where the problems started when the one law that prevented typical banks as well as investment banks from gambling with investor and money holder's funds - the Glass-Steagall Act - was repealed with its death certificate signed by Bill aka Slick Willy Clinton, that fucking cocksmoker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall:_Aftermath_of_repeal

And it's been downhill pretty much ever since and it's not really getting better no matter what the financial industry claims. Clinton recently said the repeal of Glass-Steagall had nothing to do with the financial crisis in the late 2000's (not like he has a degree in economics or anything) and everybody else that actually does know what the fuck they're talking about call complete bullshit on his well funded opinions.
>>
>>64305522
>The Big Short
>9/10
stopped reading right there
>>
>>64305522
>>The.Big.Short.2015.DVDScr.XviD.AC3-P2P
>Seen it, 9/10
Seen it, 6.5/10

lol. paisano detected. Very similar movies, but how on earth can you like Big Short better?
Ahora vas conocer a Dios.
>>
>>64305754
Deregulation is the problem. It started back in the 80s. Clinton is a two time snake. He is a known rapist and pedophile. But his power protects him. His wife is a fucking monster. The daughter is a product of those two. Their marriage is arranged for political purposes. DC needs its own TMZ.
>>
>>64305898

not him but it's brilliantly cast. literally everyone in it is perfect. the script is amazing as well.

carrell oscar incoming. fuck all those other meme performances this year.
>>
test
>>
>>64305945
>>64305945
I like Trumbo and Ruffalo performance in Spotlight.
>>
How is The Big Short compared to Margin Call?
>>
>>64305898

I liked both but I felt that The Big Short presented the info in a more interesting way - I'm not saying one is better than the other, the rating is how I personally viewed them, both are excellent movies/documentaries in their own formats with excellent performances from their respective casts, I just liked The Big Short better.

I also like "Too Big To Fail" which is the HBO made film about the crisis too - a lot of people like "Margin Call" but I couldn't stand it, shitty performances, bad scripting, terrible direction, etc.

Personal opinion to be take as such - I mean, this IS 4chan, really.

And the deregulation thing, fuck Reagan in his dead rotting corpse ass. The old joke was that he had two notepads on his desk:

One said "What Everyone Else Tells Me To Do" and the other said "What Nancy Tells Me To Do" and I don't doubt it for a second.

I lived through that shit, and yes kids, I'm older than pretty much every one of you guaran-fucking-teed.
>>
>>64306013
A lot more understandable for a layman. Focuses on a much larger scale. Has Margot Robbie.
>>
>>64298699
We're absolutely not "going it again". Tell me, where is the bubble right now forming that is going to wipe out the banks so they need a bailout?

The banks are better capitalized than they have been in decades.
>>
>>64306161
So the only reason it can't happen again because the banks are even richer now?

But if it did happen again there's no money to bail them out again?
>>
>>64299945
Ok, so basically ratings agencies are seen as the biggest losers in the financial industry. The dumbest shits work there. But not even they were tricked, but rather so called "ratings shopping" happened.

If S&P didn't give the rating the investment bank wanted, they just pulled their business and went to Moody's. Whoever gave the AAA got the money.

Because as fucked up as it sounds, it's the person whose product is being rated that pays for the rating.
>>
>>64305754
Don't start with this shit. Europe has allowed that stuff throughout the whole 20th century.
>>
>>64305945
I literally hated every single actor in this movie. Pitt, Bale, Gosling, Carrell -- all fucking talentless hacks.
>>
>>64306013
The Big Short is a lot more "ADHD" than Margin Call. The Big Short is also a lot less dumbed down in terms of Financial jargon/theory, while Margin Call can be watched by anyone.

The story in The Big Short is much better, because it's based on a fantastic book. Both have solid acting, Big Short is solid-er
>>
someone make a list of movies they were gonna release but didnt
>>
>>64290872
>People reviewing and rating movies based on screeners.

Reminder that AT BEST you heard a 64kbps transcode of an album and at worst you've only seen 10% of the movie because 90% of the visual information is missing.

>Mfw reading all these Hugboxd reviews of faggots who watched the screener on their shitty fucking laptop and shitting on say, Revenant.

Fucking poorfag Pajeets

INDIA NUKED WHEN
>>
>>64292630
I liked trumbo. great movie.
>>
just gonna wait for 720 senpai
>>
>>64307624
>Gonna wait for the Designated Pajeet Resolution
Kill urself peasant
>>
>>64306985
>caring this much
>>
>>64307859
I am honestly annoyed if some self-titled reviewer has the audacity to call out something in a visual medium when HE DID NOT EVEN **WATCH IT**.
>>
>>64306985
I don't have the patience to watch until March when Anomalisa comes out here. The screener is watchable, just barely.
>>
>>64307902
>Not respecting the crew enough to wait for the theater release or bluray (when you could get remux from the interbutts)

Anon, why?
>>
>>64307890
If you watch a Bluray and I watch a DVDScreener, we saw the same movie.

Deal with it, autist.
>>
>>64307999
You saw a 2.7 to 2.9 mb/s video stream.

I saw a 22 to 33mb/s video stream. I saw most likely 90% more of visual data that was relevant in visual medium than you.

You didn't ***SEE*** shit.

Lets not even go there you are watching this on your Rashed Laptop with TN monitor and shitty fucking colors
>>
>>64308028
We still saw the same movie. I can review it as capably as you can.
>>
>>64308028
kek, it's still the same movie you autist
>>
>>64308080
>Unironically defending rating a fucking screener.

>>64308094
How can it be the same when about 85 to 90% of video stream is missing?

Is everyone of you poorfag Pajeet trying to defend their designated shitting street here?
>>
>>64308129
Critics rated the same screener for actual awards.

Do you understand how dumb you sound?
>>
>>64308151
>>Critics rated the same screener for actual awards.
'Critics'

>Do you understand how dumb you sound
Do you understand how dumb YOU SOUND?

>90% of video stream is FUCKING MISSING
>'I can still rate this movie np lol here on my fujitsu laptop with shit for colors and shit for blacks'

Do you understand how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>64306985

If you can't appreciate a movie in any quality, then it's not a good movie. Just as any great song can be played on an acoustic guitar,
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6413209

let's settle this faguettes
>>
>>64308253
>If you can't appreciate a movie in any quality, then it's not a good movie
Wrong.

Some pleb fuck listens to high classical transcode here when is watching Lubezki cinematography in TN panel with shitty fucking laptop with shitty color map and awful blacks and whites.

He is in no way capable of rating it.
>>
>>64308193
>I am going to ignore that actual critics saw the same screeners people are downloading and basing their decisions on said screeners

kek keep going, retard. keep ignoring what he is saying.
>>
>>64308363
Yeah and that completely nullifies every review about them for now. In fact I lost all respect for criticis who 'reviewed' these screeners.

For how can you take seriously someone who rates 10% of the work?

Why are you defending this, this absurd 'HEY TRANSCODES ARE OKAY :DDD' ideology ?
>>
>>64290872
is it bad that I have no interest in watching these movies at all?

even two years ago I was still torrenting like a motherfucker, eating up everything I could, YIFY or 10gb for a 'real' 720 rip.

All of these movies have been total crap lately. I haven't even had to trim down my 'permanent' collection on my backup HDDs for over a year.

is that how they're going to fix piracy? by making everything total shit so people don't have anything to pirate anymore?
>>
>>64308437
Watch the Revenant in theaters for the cinematography - the story itself is a pure joke. The dude got attacked by Native American Girl and had to wrote some bullshit about bear to save his face (but this isnt in the movie).

Watch the Big Short for movie of the year.

Ignore the rest they're garbage.
>>
>>64308437
Watch Anomalisa.
>>
>>64308341

story and acting speak for themselves. anything which relies on a theater setting is a meme movie.
>>
>>64308476
>Watch the Big Short for movie of the year.
is this a new ebin meme?
>>
>>64308551
>Story
>Acting
Film is a visual medium where good directors tell the script narrative and story through visual storytelling of which 90% is missing in these screeners.

And you could just read the screenplay if you really want to review the screenplay~

>Anything which relies on proper visual delivery is 'meme'
D E S I G N A T E D

>>64308570
Yes.
>>
>>64295902

So the "authentic" CDOs were essentially giant pools of various mortgage securities, sliced into "tranches" based on their risk and repayment profiles. From top to bottom, they moved from "safe" to "risky", with top tranches getting paid out first in their entirety before cash started to flow to the tranches below. With regular CDOs, the underlying securities were actual mortgage securities.

The problem is that there simply weren't enough mortgages going around to fulfill demand, so financial wizards derived "synthetic" CDOs, which used various financial derivatives such as credit default swaps as the underlying security. The payment streams and general structure of the CDO were similar, it was just that the underlying securities were different.

Since regular CDOs derived their payment streams from actual mortgages, it can be thought of as a "bet" on the safety of the mortgages underlying that actual CDO. Since synthetic CDOs did not use actual mortgage securities as the underlying, the credit default swaps and other derivatives that composed the underlying assets of the synthetic CDO can be thought of as a bet on OTHER mortgages, as no actual mortgages comprised a particular synthetic CDO.

The kicker is that credit default swaps are essentially insurance. If I buy a CDS, I make regular "premium" payments and then if the event i am insuring myself against (i.e the collapse of the housing market) occurs, I make significant profits. So essentially the regular payment streams that came from synthetic CDOs were essentially the premium payments from counterparties that had purchased CDS' to either hedge their risk or speculate that the mortgage market would collapse. Essentially, the synthetic CDOs derived their cash flows from investors betting against them.
>>
Big Short was good, but they could have mentioned that if people actually did the math and read the contracts before signing they would know they would have to default once the teaser rate period was over.
>>
>>64308602

you're a pleb. I bet you liked interstellar.
>>
>>64293922
Please tell me it's Elle.
>>
>>64308699
>You are a pleb if you think screeners aren't authentic
TRANSCODE PLEB.

Reminder that you literally saw 10% of the movie and think you can rate it.

Go die in a fire fucking Indian shit stain.
>>
>>64296292

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Hubler

>single largest trading loss in history

lmao
>>
>Caring about Tarantulas feelings
>When he literally has made millions just copying others

top cuckold
>>
>>64306013

TBS focuses on the impact to the economy as a whole from multiple perspectives both in the years leading up to the crisis as well as the immediate aftermath, much bigger in scope and scale

margin call is more compressed to literally the night before the discovery of the impending collapse and the various discussions that take place behind closed doors before the morning they decide to liquidate and get the fuck out of the market

much more limited in scope but just as great of a film in it's own way. TBS does a better job explaining most concepts in laymen's terms
>>
>>64308720
close.
>>
>>64308727

I saw the whole movie, heard every line of dialogue and saw every cut and throughly enjoyed most of these screeners, as will the academy no doubt when they choose the most prestigious awards in cinema based on them.

Enjoy your popcorn, crab legs, clapping, cellphones going off and muh big screen.
>>
+++++ HAPPENING +++++++

STAR WARS JUST RELEASED ON PRIVATE TRACKERS

FIRE UP DEM TORRENTS
>>
>>64306206

the reason it can't happen again is because 2008 is far too recent in peoples' memories. Generally what happens in the markets is the opposite of what 99% of people expect to happen, so when you have plebs on the street crying that it's going to happen again, you can bet your ass it's not going to happen again in our lifetimes.

2008 happened because almost no one saw it coming. It was literally a black swan event and the most destructive and severe financial crisis since 1929. There have been a plethora of financial panels and review boards that have enacted worldwide legislation to prevent such things from ever happening again, the most prominent of which are the Basel accords that deal with the capital levels of banks and adjusting capital requirements for risk (something that didn't take place pre-2008 allowing banks to load up on risky assets with no real penalties)
>>
>>64308937
>Saw the whole movie
Yeah in a resolution that's extremely fucking small, compressed to all fuck, lacking about 90% of he video stream quality of bluray (let alone compared to theater).

You saw fucking nothing, Rasheed.

>Enjoy your popcorn, crab legs, clapping, cellphones going off and muh big screen.
If I go to movies I go to pretty late viewings, like 23PM late and the theater is mostly empty at that point.

and I mostly watch movies at home through 4k OLED tv.

>Saw a fucking awful version and think he can say anything about the movie
pleb
l
e
b
>>
>>64309018

>he owns a 4k TV

how does it feel being completely, totally retarded?

why are you so triggered anyways, faggot?
>>
>>64309055
I own a really nice OLED tv, thank you.

>Why so triggered
Because bunch of fucking reviews just swarmed the internet based on fucking terrible aXXo tier rips.
>>
Why does HiveCuckM8 use xvid
>>
>>64309120

you are still upscaling so you aren't even experiencing the proper blu-ray experience. what a pleb way to watch things,

also you still haven't properly explained why you are so mad. DVD quality was the norm very recently. I have watched analogue TV movies on a 30 year old 15 inch CRT screen and have been utterly engrossed in them. on the other hand I have sat through trash IMAX screenings where I wanted my money back.

if it's good, it's good.
>>
>>64309499
>Upscaling
Both software and hardware help with that and newer televisions (back when I had a Bravia last year) from high end have had good support for upscaling.

And this is much more appropriate way the watch these. Jesus christ at least wait for scenetards to release 1080p rip and watch it through your pajeet Korean 100 dollar monitor

>why are you so mad
People rating visual experience based on very faulty, lacking, corrupt visual sample.
>>
>>64306206
Basel III regulation is forcing banks to hold more equity capital (and thus less debt). This is what is meant by capitalization, banks hate it. They want lots of debt for huge leverage. But this also means the banks are super risky. For normal firms this is okay, but not when you have systematically important financial institutions like this, which essentially will have to be bailed out if they fail.

So yes, right now banks are appropriately regulated in regards to systemic risk.

That doesn't mean that there won't be some investment product that turns out to be complete bullshit, it's just that it won't collapse the banks. Personally I'm betting on the CLO's to blow up (Collateralized Loan Obligations, like MBS but on risky corporate debt).
>>
>>64309597

again, movies have always been about storytelling and characters. you haven't been able to refute my point.

Also, saying 'at least wait for the 1080p rip' and saying that you usually watch things at home on your 4K TV with no 4K content contradicts your own position.

I'm out
>>
>>64309347
they're mentally challenged
>>
>>64309851
Movie is a visual medium where story is told through visual storytelling of which these shitty faulty rips slaughter by having shit bitrates and awful compression.

>'characters'
Go read airport novel if you want to get into 'characters'

>no 4k content
You realize upscaling isn't shit and if it happens to make the movie look bad I can just fucking change resolution and go bit further back?
>>
oh look the /tv/ version of vidya graphics whores.
>>
>>64309907
>Go read airport novel if you want to get into 'characters'

LOL. you are digging your own grave.
>>
>>64310119
Literally \FOLLOWING\ \characters\ is the most pleb way to appreciate the movie.
>>
>>64310210

as I said before, I bet you liked interstellar. probably transformers as well.

without a vested interest in the story, the characters and their fates, everything else is moot.
>>
>>64310529
I did not enjoy either of those, both were badly directed but what would you fucking know of what do quality movies look like since you watch fucking 3mib video stream axxo xvid shit rips.

>insinuating that movie requires characters
fucking LOL

Look at this pleb
>>
>>64310604

>movies don't require actors or story

why is no one else calling this pleb a pleb?
>>
>>64310752
Movies don't require characters, nor even human actors, they do not require a story nor narrative.

You are simply a pleb that should stick to airport novels but I guess they are too high quality print for your shit in the eyes that prefers watching muddy aXXo rips.
>>
>>64309691
>>64308989

>it's just that it won't collapse the banks
You are deluded if you think this won't happen again.

People in 1940s thought this wont happen again after all the regulations.
Then they started deregulating slowly and people were lulled to sleep. Also, the "regulations" on bank capitalization imply straightforward accounting in the spirit of the law.

Someone, sometime in the future will invent a new hybrid security just contorted enough to get past those regulations with creative accounting turning actual leverage into hypothetical capital on an accounting pov and a bubble will form right out of the business cycle again.

Also, that last crisis was worldwide-tier. Shitload of people were affected in other countries. So the USA fucks up and spain eats it too. The USA fixes its laws/regs.

What about china? Brazil? Russia? Japan? EU? India?

Do not fool yourselves. USA will deregulate silently, stealthily and plenty of other countries are banking jungle themselves. Not only the next big financial fuck up will happen for sure but looking at the history of dramatic financial world events, they definitely appear close to each other each fucking time.
I am certain AT LEAST another will happen within our lifetime, and I'm not even that pessimistic to begin with.
>>
>>64310801

what's your favourite movie?
name me a good movie without any humans actors, story or narrative.

thanks.
>>
>>64310887
not him but seriously watch Sans Soleil. although there are humans featured in it, they are not actors and there is no story. There is a narrative though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JamGQOhCe_k
>>
>>64310887
>Favourite movie
I guess Fury Road from this year.

>Good movie without any human actors.
Watch wildlife docs or citydocs or just Bug's Life on mute.

>No narrative
L'Age d'Or

>Without story
Linklater's movies.
>>
>>64308947
stop playing with my feelings
>>
>>64290872
Well are they fucking pirates or what? Jesus fucking christ.

If you are going to leak shit dont half assed you fucking pussies. Who the fuck cares if its not yet released
>>
>>64305522
Room is gud
>>
is Anomalisa worth watching? I've heard good things but it looks so dull
>>
>>64290872
I'm glad they fucked Tarantino. He's a complete faggot anyways.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.