[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie is ridiculous. It features a fucking robot, cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Rocky_IV.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1363) Image search: [Google]
Rocky_IV.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1363
This movie is ridiculous. It features a fucking robot, cartoon communist villains, absurd amounts of patriotism, and one of the corniest speeches in the history of cinema. So why is it so damn good?
>>
>>64286400

Its not. Rocky IV isn't a good movie. Its in the bottom 3 of the Rocky franchise.
>>
>>64286400

its fun
>>
>>64286400
It's the ultimate confidence and emotional rollar coaster movie. You are with rocky on every montage and by the end you feel you can do anything
>>
>Hating rocky 4
>hating America
Well then you can giiiiit out
>>
>>64286400
Hello Vladimir
>>
>>64286400

balboa>1>creed>2>3>4>>>>>5
>>
>still 10x better than creed
>>
>>64286400
Not to mention not one but TWO montages set to 80's music
>>
>>64286400
Fuck, I always thought his right arm was extended in this image
>>
>>64286400
*havent seen creed yet

1>2>4>3 >balboa >>>>>>>5
>>
>>64286400
It's literally anime
>>64286473
Aren't there 7 rocky movies without Creed ? There's no way it's bottom 3, first 4 and creed are all enjoyable
>>
>>64286400
>a fucking robot
true can't deny that

>cartoon communist villains
its murky to say who the real villain is in the movie but yes they are communist.

>absurd amounts of patriotism
this is where i disagree with most people. Rocky IV is a redemption story. Rocky isn't fighting for the good ol USA. He's fighting to avenge the death of Apollo. Rocky is fighting for personal reasons. Not to take down a Soviet. The fact that his opponent is russian is irrelevant.

>corniest speeches
wow have you seen a Rocky movie before?

>>64286473
this
>>
>>64286400
2>1>4>3>creed>balboa>5
>>
>>64286574
FUUUUUCK
>>
>>64286473

Lets see...

1 > 7(creed) > 6 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

Yep... bottom 2 actually. Still not a horrible movie.

I love how the last 2 movies of the rocky franchise have turned it around.
>>
>>64286596

Seeing as how you have Bolboa I am not sure how much you would like Creed but I thought it was the best since the first.

Also why do you have Balboa so low? It is in the to 3 as of now for almost everyone.
>>
>>64286400
>So why is it so damn good?
It's comfy.

Also Europe's "Final Countdown" is based as fuck and as good as any of the other rocky songs.
https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw
dat synth
>>
>>64286632
Creed was pure shit, how can you possibly put it above 3?
>>
>>64286632
creed is not a rocky movie
>>
>>64286722
Anon I love balboa, I live every rocky film that isn't 5, it's just below by hairs
>>
HEARTS ON FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64286852
Post it fag. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qitn6FRc0oc
>>
>>64286739
>>So why is it so damn good?
>It's comfy.
No, because of its irreverent nature much like someone who admits they enjoy the Final Countdown.
>>
>>64286625

> The fact that his opponent is russian is irrelevant.

True but it heavily implements the whole us vs soviets thing because of it, whether it was intentional or not.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.