[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max von Sydow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x360
Man, they get a screen legend like him in Star Wars TFA and then fuck it up by giving him less than five minutes of screen time.
>>
Maybe he plays a vital part in the sequels?
>>
sydow is fucking his legacy by doing all this nerd shit all the time

agreement?
>>
He was used perfectly. He opened the film, lended it gravitas, and a sense of history, right off the bat.
>>
its pretty shocking that he didn't play some kind of creepy old ugly alien to be frank
>>
>>64282806

No, that's stupid.
>>
>>64282806
At this point this guy has worked with directors like Bergman, Spielberg, Scorsese, Friedkin, Argento, Allen, Lynch, Wenders, Scott, Huston, Schnabel and Troell. His legacy is safe.
>>
>>64282806
>BAWWWWWWW WHY DO ACTORS STAR IN MOVIES?
>>
>>64282835
idk how much they are paying you but ill pay you double to stop this shit.
>>
>>64282806
didn't ruin Alec Guiness's legacy at all, and his work with Bergman is timeless

>>64282835
this this this. perfect casting for essentially a cameo 2bh
>>
File: 1443583574697.gif (4 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1443583574697.gif
4 MB, 400x224
>>64282890
>Schnabel
i don't throw this term around like most of /tv/, but he's a hack and his films will (thankfully) be forgotten
>>
In poetic terms he's the equivalent to Captain Antilles who got choked to death by Vader after he boarded the Tantive IV at the start of IV.

At the start of VII there's some piece of information that characters are talking about, the bad guys want it and they attack the location and the main bad guy kills the leader there and takes one prisoner.
>>
Von Sydow is GOAT and I'm going to be so sad when he dies. They probably didn't give him a bigger role because he's in his mid-80s.
>>
>Is it so terribly inconceivable to comprehend The Force with one's senses? Why does it hide in a cloud of half-promises and unseen miracles? How can we believe in the Jedi when we lack faith? What will happen to us who want to believe, but can not? What about those who neither want to nor can believe? Why can't I kill the midi-chlorians in me? Why does Luke live on in me in a humiliating way - despite my wanting to evict Him from my heart? Why is He, despite all, a mocking reality I can't be rid of?
>>
>>64282835
15 shekels have been deposited into your ShillPal
>>
>>64282756
Mads Mikkelsen is playing the young version of von Sydow's character in Rogue One.

Mark my words.
>>
>>64284032
>>64282897

(You) ;)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.