[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Finn a real Jedi or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Is Finn a real Jedi or no?
>>
He's not even a false jedi
>>
No, it's been confirmed that he's not force sensitive. He just knows how to handle a light saber because of the common sense swordplay techniques he'd have figured out during his hand to hand combat training; he's a soldier after all
>>
Not yet but he will

>I want to help you Rey, teach me
>Luke teaches him
>gets a purple dindu saber
>>
He has a 30% lower midichlorian score than white jedis but runs faster
>>
>>64281523
you don't need to be Jedi to use a lightsaber.
>>
>>64281523
Finn is a member of the knights of Ren.

The whole thing has been a ruse. He will blame the destruction of the republic on the rebels and Finn will identify their home base
>>
I don't think so, which is a shame because he's the best character of the new cast.

Poe is cool, but Finn has the most interesting development and honestly I think Boyega plays him just a bit better than Isaac plays Poe
>>
He's a Dark jedi.
>>
>>64281671
kek
>>
>>64281523
he's just some guy
>>
>>64281738
No, Finn is jar jar binks tier, never knows what to do and always goofing around and getting his ass saved by other people
>>
>tfw found the fight between him and Kylo Ren to be a lot better than Rey vs Kylo Ren
Also why was Rey so skilled in dueling already despite never using a sword before?
>>
>>64281636
>confirmed that he's not force sensitive
by who?

and what's up with Ren taking special notice of Finn on Jakku in the beginning and sensing immediately he's the one who helped Poe escape? Finn is at least slightly Force sensitive, if not potential Jedi level, and it would help explain why the First Order brainwashing didn't work as well on him.
>>
>>64281823
the Force, duh
and it's heavily implied Rey's past involves some Force training, maybe even as far as knowing Ren and Luke personally
>>
File: frog luke.jpg (80 KB, 795x507) Image search: [Google]
frog luke.jpg
80 KB, 795x507
>>64281523
>Is Finn a real Jedi
what could have been. i dont know what he is at this point but they pushed him as the new hans solo when Poe deserved it more.
>>64281793
>never knows what to do and always goofing around and getting his ass saved by other people
dont trash talk luke
>>
>>64281982
this meme is incredibly lazy, she got dropped off when she was 5 or 7
>>
>>64281523
jedis aren't real
>>
>>64282563
Jedi training begins at like 3
>>
I'd actually love for something like this to occur:

>Finn finds out where Rey went and chases after her
>Asks to be trained as a Jedi as well
>Luke says no, that he senses something in him, whatever
>Rey runs off to confront Kylo and Snoke
>Kills Kylo and turns to the dark side in the process, joining Snoke
>Luke decides to train Finn
>Finn actually turns out to be a powerful Jedi and manages to defeat Rey/Snoke in Episode 9

I figure Rey will turn out to be Luke's kid and I think the story just needs someone outside the Skywalker bloodline to be the hero.
>>
>>64283435
>following prequel cult rules
Either way are you saying they teach mind tricks and telekinesis at 5?
>>
>>64283621
Cool idea but why would Luke agree to train Finn at all? He's already gone into hiding after 1 person he trained turned dark, no way at all he'd keep training if it happened again.
>>
>>64282563

implanted from a mind wipe you shit stain
>>
>>64281644
>black guy
>purple whatever

COME ON, IT'S 201X
>>
>>64284112
so it really is just a meme?
Okay good, I thought people actually believed this.
>>
>>64281636
>it's been confirmed that he's not force sensitive
By whom? Where?

Honestly in the opening scene when Kylo Ren landed, I got the feeling that they were hinting that Finn could sense Ren's presence. The sound design and Finn's reaction seemed suggestive to me.

I kind of like the idea of him being a lightsaber combatant without the force. But that means he can't stand up to the likes of Kylo Ren without getting force-choked.

Except he already did.
>>
File: NIGS BTFO.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
NIGS BTFO.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>64281823

It was a good fight
>>
>>64284040

I'm not sure. Maybe he has a revelation that the descendants of Vader aren't meant to save the galaxy or something. To me, Kylo turning to the dark side makes that pretty clear.
>>
>>64281671
Low-key I would believe that.

J.J. saw it fit to make him work in sanitation which was a kick in the nuts in my opinion. Finn was interesting because he was actually a mediocre individual who still could still hold his own to some degree. Unlike Rey I'm dying to know how his character develops.
>>
>>64281523
He's literally a sanitation officer coward traitor

It's really amazing how much of a joke jj made out of him
>>
>>64281823
The force was controlling her actions, partially.
>>
I want him to be force sensitive. Jedi are cucks who can't get pussy. Also moral white/black doesn't exist and the same should hold for the force.
>>
>>64281982
>Finn asks "can't we just use the force or something?"
>"That's not how things work, kid."
>that's exactly how things work for Rey
>>
>>64282360
Luke frequently knows what to do and both saves and is saved by others in rare, high-stakes scenarios. Keep trying with those false equivalencies, though. I'm sure one will stick eventually.
>>
>>64281523
Can't use the force so NO
>>
>>64284921
>Also moral white/black doesn't exist and the same should hold for the force.
>missing the point of star wars
>>
Leia is the Episode VIII MacGuffin.

I mean, there'll be a trap set for Leia and her Resistance alliance with Kylo; then when Rey and Luke show up, Leia will stare down Luke and go, "It's Treason Then" before whipping out her lightsabre... because together Kylo and Mother will rule the galaxy.

This is confirmed.
>>
>>64285006
The force let's Rey block lightsaber swings and be stronger than a man who's bleeding out. It doesn't tell her what the password to the shields is.
>>
Kylo gonna die next ep from Rey going batshit and crazy.

Finn is a Jedi cause he's gonna fight teh Rey.
>>
>>64285642
I'm Rian Johnson, and I can confirm that this is the big set piece of the movie
>>
Ren will be the tragic hero like vader. His lines give it away.

Rey will turn or be very tempted by the darkside. She has too much anger and we all know that leads to the dark side.

Fin is a force sensitive user why else would kylo look at him? He sensed the force for a brief moment. I think fin will take the larger role after all we focused on him as much if not more then Rey.

Poe is the new wedge.

Luke will die a hero's death; hopefully inspiring Rey to stay on the light side of the force.

Snoke is Plagueis and he wasn't killed by Palpatine but survived somehow.
>>
>>64285678
>let's
I fucked up
>>
>>64285636
Do tell anon
>>
>>64285702
>Snoke is Plagueis and he wasn't killed by Palpatine but survived somehow.
He can cheat death, even sheev said that
>Poe is the new wedge.
Is this a meme? Wedge was in the movie for like 5 minutes and was barely there for any reason
>>
>>64285698
>>>64285642 (You)
>I'm Rian Johnson, and I can confirm that this is the big set piece of the movie
I remember sitting through executive meetings with them talking about what Han's death, grief of her son turning to the dark side, and her motherly instincts of trying to protect Kylo will do to her.
>>
>>64281823
She know how to use staffs. And she is annoying rapier moveset. I think Kylo can easily win if he was not so scared. Remember how he stop plasma shot in beginning of movie
>>
>>64285866
Can't wait till we reveal the twist with Han in ep. 8
>>
>>64285782
The OT is all about classic hero tales, archetypes for characters, etc. I mean shit, has anyone not heard this before? Part of the appeal is the black and white morality of the force. Sure you have lying Obi-Wan or criminal Han Solo but the force itself is a pure idea. Using it selfishly or in anger leads to the dark side. The light side is all about being a shaolin monk that could kill you 12 times before you hit the ground but doesn't because they're so above you.

But don't take my word for it, here's what Yoda thinks.
Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.
Luke: But tell my why I can't...
Yoda: No, no! There is no "why".
>>
>>64284409
>Finn screaming in pain as the exhaust burns his skin
Boyega has one good skill -- the primal scream.
While Driver screams as well, his screams are much more filled with anger (fitting) but Boyega was going turbonigger a few times.
I have some troubles with his characterization, though. One moment he's freaking out over the death and needless slaughter around him, the next he's literally murdering his squadmates... and shortly after that he's WHOOP WHOOP WHERE DA WHITE WIMMIN AT and it just reeks of bad writing:
>>
>>64284166
He needs to stand out if he ever gets a saber, yellow is a pussy color
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.