[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This wasn't really that good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Just watched this yesterday
So this is basically a rehash of the old trilogy, they infiltrated a "death star" and destroyed it from the inside, the sith villain was originally a jedi, he's also a relative to someone from the main cast, the novice jedi goes to the mysterious jedi master to train, that mysterious jedi master was also the master of the sith villain while he was still a jedi etc.

Really thought the script will be a bit more original.
>>
File: 1450305359993.jpg (304 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450305359993.jpg
304 KB, 699x1211
>>
>>64272470
god damn its scary how accurate this is
>>
>>64272424
>the novice jedi goes to the mysterious jedi master to train

But she had already completed her training. She was just returning the saber to Luke.
>>
>>64272550
Why because it's from the Feminist school of replacing words with other words?
>>
>>64272631
What are you talking about? She had no training at all.
>>
>>64272631

Nigga firing a 9mm few times doesn't make you a weapon expert.
>>
>>64272470
>They don't come accross an old hermit
>Luke doesn't find the Millennium Falcon
>Han and Chewie don't help them escape Jakku
>It's not revealed Kylo is Rey's cousin
>>
>>64272723
Are you retarded?
>>
>>64272752
Anon is right, some of it doesn't quite fit in, but overall it is pretty damn similar.
>>
>>64272424
It makes sense why they did it this way, especially since it seems like they're looking to captivate a new generation. Plus, I mean, IV was nearly 40 years ago. I think it's okay that they made a movie similar to one made 40 years ago. Most people don't rewatch them as much as 4chan virgins do. It actually didn't bug me as much as the OT fanservice did. The original characters just crowded up the place, honestly. The actors all seemed tired, and their dialog was mostly shitty and didactic ("Our son" x 90000), but that's just Abrams.
>>
>>64272752
What's the problem?
>>
>>64272424
shut up you contrarian idiot. Nothing wrong with liking something that's popular you know.
>>
Thanks OP this has only been posted 1000 times already so fuck off you fucking Star Wars babby
>>
>>64272803

Dude I didn't hate the movie, it's just too similar to the old trilogy, there are two more movies left,hope there will be more original content in them
>>
File: 1439612827448.jpg (113 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1439612827448.jpg
113 KB, 960x640
>>64272424
George Lucas spent the entire prequels making the villains into wimps, and in TFA we get a bratty wimp throwing temper tantrums.

What are the villain's terror? How am I supposed to be scared of a groups that seems as if corporate businessmen whose corporate plans keep messing up?
TFA fails to define the scope of their terror, or make them seems threatening. No sense of urgency, or striking fear with combating these clumsy faintly dark side.
>>
>>64272906
so edgy, much contrarian
>>
>the force is strong in my family

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1442614008118.jpg (75 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1442614008118.jpg
75 KB, 653x590
>>64272691
But she could jedi mind trick and fight proficiently with a lightsaber. She is at the same skill level as Luke in RotJ. She doesn't need any more training.
>>
File: Booby Fett.jpg (254 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Booby Fett.jpg
254 KB, 683x1024
>>64272424
>1. There’s a droid carrying valuable information who finds himself on a desolate desert planet.

>2. There’s a Force-sensitive, masked, and darkly clothed antagonist who arrives on the scene shortly after the information is handed off, looking for the droid.

>3. There’s a desert settlement that is wiped out by stormtroopers.

>4. There’s a hero who’s tortured by the bad guys to retrieve the information.

>5. There’s a lonely, Force-strong desert dweller who dreams of more.

>6. There’s a worldly old warrior who has to explain the Force to the next generation.

>7. There’s a cruel military officer who holds a comparable level of authority to his Force-sensitive, masked, and darkly clothed colleague.

>8. There’s a mostly unseen supreme evil that’s pulling the strings from the shadows.

>9. There’s a criminal element that’s owed a debt by Han Solo and attempts to kill him after he screws up their arrangement.

>10. There’s a cantina filled with various alien creatures.

>11. There’s a moment when one of the heroes abandons the fight as a self-preservation measure, but he eventually returns.

>12. There’s a massive spherical weapon that’s used to destroy a planet.

>13. There’s a base belonging to the rebel forces on a forest-covered world.

>14. There’s a surrogate father figure who is cut down by someone previously close to him, who has turned to the dark side.

>15. The hero watches helplessly from afar as the surrogate father figure is slayed.

>16. There’s a coordinated aerial attack on the massive spherical weapon that’s monitored from a control room by Leia.

>17. There’s a trench that X-wings flew through in order to fire on a vulnerability in the weapon and destroy it.

>18. There’s a massive explosion that gives the rebels a major victory but likely allows the Force-sensitive, masked, and darkly clothed antagonist to survive to fight another day.
>>
>>64272424
This is a fresh perspective that no one has considered yet.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.