[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it fair to say that this midget got paid for doing absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
So is it fair to say that this midget got paid for doing absolutely nothing in TFA?

I don't think anybody thought it would be a good idea to actually force an 80 year old dwarf back into the R2D2 suit, and yet he's still credited as having the role in the film. Was he basically given a paycheck out of pity?
>>
if a jew wants to give you free money to be in a shitty kids film you're not exactly gonna say no
>>
He was credited in Revenge of the Sith too, even though R2-D2 was entirely CGI in that movie.
>>
>it's a jealous NEET feeling entitled to money thread
>>
>>64269878
JJ: Hey, Kenny. It's really great to have all of the original cast on set. It really helps maintain the vibe of the original films even if we do replace all the lines you're reading with bleeps and bloops

Kenny: That's alright Mr. Abrahms. Just glad to be useful. Now how come there was no R2 in my dressing room?

JJ: Oh, we're using practical effects for all the droids. Now, instead of putting actors inside the robots we have actual circuits that control what they do.

Kenny: The bloody hell you do!
*rips off the top of R2-D2 and all the wires and circuit boards inside*
*stuffs himself into the hollowed R2 carcass*
Kenny: Kenny... We're home.
>>
>Was he basically given a paycheck out of pity?

Convenience and most likely contractual. It's waaayy easier for Disney to cut him a check than to deal with the legal and PR repercussions associated with cutting out one of the OT actors.
>>
>>64271724
We are going to make this pasta.
BRAVO ANON
R
A
V
O

A
N
O
N
>>
People feel sorry for workers whose jobs are replaced by robots. And he is also old and disabled. PR nightmare.
>>
File: bob.jpg (14 KB, 313x265) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
14 KB, 313x265
>>64271724
>Kenny: Kenny... We're home.
>>
>>64271724
So that's why he only woke up at the end.

>>64269878
According to Anthony "Miserable Cunt" Daniels, Baker hasn't been in the R2, uh, "costume" for fuckin' years.
>>
>>64269878
What, r2 was a dwarf in poorly made exoskeleton suit. How did he survive during the power down?
>>
>>64269878
that's exactly what happened. Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) said so recently and seemed kind of pissed about it. He said they had his name on there as a sort of "talisman".

gay bullshit
>>
Kind of like how Hammil got second billing and a nice paycheck for giving one look?
>>
>>64269878
He got paid to do nothing every Star Wars movie. Why did they even need to put a midget inside?
>>
>>64275872

Luke was telepathically influencing Rey the entire film. That's how she was able to do all her Mary Sue shit.
>>
>>64275872

Hamil will be a major character in the sequels though. Filling the role of Obi Wan.

>>64275943

This may shock you, but technology was not as advanced in the 70's. You needed some guy inside the thing to control the robot. Other wize you'd have to use wires or manipulate it like a puppet.
>>
>>64271724
fucking reddit tier cringe worthy shit, dont any of you fuckers dare to post this ever again. literally only autistic child would spew out shit like that, leave NOW.
>>
>>64275783

Did Anthony Daniels actually wear the suit on screen? Strictly speaking he's not really needed. You could get anyone in there, do the physical acting, and then have Anthony Daniels do a voice over.
>>
>>64276052
>other wize

lmfao
>>
>>64276096

>he spells it "otherwise" even though it has a clear "z" sound
>>
File: 1386206800647.jpg (26 KB, 448x412) Image search: [Google]
1386206800647.jpg
26 KB, 448x412
Are Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker going to be credited hundreds of years after they're dead?
>>
>>64276052
What about the prequels?
>>
>>64271724
JJ: Hey, Kenny. It's really great to have all of the original cast on set. It really helps maintain the vibe of the original films even if we do replace all the lines you're reading with bleeps and bloops

Kenny: That's alright Mr. Abrahms. Just glad to be useful. Now how come there was no R2 in my dressing room?

JJ: Oh, we're using practical effects for all the droids. Now, instead of putting actors inside the robots we have actual circuits that control what they do.

Kenny: The bloody hell you do!
*rips off JJ's head*
*stuffs himself into the hollowed carcass*
JJ: No! This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!
Kenny (As JJ): I'm the director now.
>>
File: surfshack pepe.png (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
surfshack pepe.png
101 KB, 500x500
>>64271724
>*rips off the top of R2-D2 and all the wires and circuit boards inside*
>*stuffs himself into the hollowed R2 carcass*
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>>64276061
>>
File: 1429717733809.png (639 KB, 528x462) Image search: [Google]
1429717733809.png
639 KB, 528x462
>>64271724
>>
>>64276175

>cgi model of Anthony Daniels created, with a synthetic imitation voice
>cgi model of R2, including cgi kenny baker even though you can never see him.

yes
>>
>>64276256
4chan

>>64271724
reddit
>>
>>64271724
LEL
>>
>>64276256
I smell fresh copypasta
>>
>>64269878
they got that even tinier r2-d2 to pilot him.
>>
>>64269878
come on it's like a family company they do whatever they want to with your shekels don't be mad
>>
>>64271724
>*stuffs himself into the hollowed R2 carcass*
this guy should've written the script of TFA lmao
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.