[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we feel about the previous Fantastic Four?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: fantastic4_01.jpg (100 KB, 560x805) Image search: [Google]
fantastic4_01.jpg
100 KB, 560x805
How do we feel about the previous Fantastic Four?
>>
It was not fantastic at all.
>>
File: 1418717277971.gif (316 KB, 241x200) Image search: [Google]
1418717277971.gif
316 KB, 241x200
Was 9 when movie came out, Alba gave me one of the first boners I can remember, along with the Hex Girls from Scooby-Doo: The Witches Ghost and Zoe Desch showering in Elf.
>>
Jessica Alba is hot as fuck. All I feel, anon.
>>
Much better than MCU movies, at least FF didn't try to push their SJW liberal agenda in it
>>
>>64264933
But Jessica Alba's ass was.
>>
Human Torch was white
Michael Chiklis was good
Albas ass was GOAT

9/10 overall.
>>
Good Johnny & Ben chemistry
Stan Lee as Willie Lumpkin
Silver Surfer was fairly faithful

That's about all the good stuff.
>>
meh
>>
>>64264947
yeees that scene where she tries to get passed the reporters by being naked hnng
>>
It will stand the test of time as the greatest theatrical representation of the Fantastic Four ever made.
>>
The casting was spot on A grade
>Smart guy
>Hot chick
>Douchbag
>Guy who looks like a rock

As opposed to pic related where the guy playing Reed looks like he should still be in fucking highschool
>>
File: 1448155162758.jpg (28 KB, 421x333) Image search: [Google]
1448155162758.jpg
28 KB, 421x333
>>64265188
>where the guy playing Reed looks like he should still be in fucking highschool
I dont like the new F4 as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure the reed in that movie was supposed to be in highschool, or just out of it
>>
>>64265109
The sad part is that it propably will. Its shit, but its the least shit F4 movie so far
>>
File: New-Avengers-2-Preview-1-dbc18.jpg (294 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
New-Avengers-2-Preview-1-dbc18.jpg
294 KB, 900x1367
>>64265303
Yes, it's supposed to be based on the Ultimate versions.

>Trank's Reed returns as the Maker
>>
>>64265452
but nego human torch
>>
>>64265001
what does it matter if it's invisible
>>
>>64265452

Only read the first few arcs of Ultimate FF way back when.

How did Ultimate Reed go so ape-shit?
>>
jessica alba is hot as fuck in that costume

the movies are fun
>>
It didn't take itself very seriously, and that was a good choice considering the material, it had indeed a hot Alba waifu in a way you couldn't see her now, like getting accidently naked (triggering). I guess it was still before the SJW madness.

I remember at the time that the fedoras were shitting on these two fun simple films just because "muh edgy Nolan gloomy capeshit is so much better".
>>
>>64265106
Fuck man I remember replaying that scene in slo mo hundreds of times
>>
>>64266945

they still think it is better so good luck with that view
>>
>>64264900
the first one is kinda funny a few times

second one is pure ass crap
>>
>>64264900
Pretty bad, but at least there was a fun to the movie.

The last one was so dreadful and depressing.

At the very least, the Alba Fantastic Fours both knew not to take the source material serious (because the concept is ridiculous) and to try to have fun with it.

The Roger Corman Fantastic Four is still the superior version, and I don't mean that as a slight: while it was cheaply done, it's actually a pretty good little movie. Kind of disappointing we never got the Roger Corman Spider-Man film that he wanted to make but Stan Lee said no.
>>
>>64265060
They had a top-tier Reed as well. He was a bit different, more extroverted but it really fit the mood.
>>
>>64267436
Reed was perfect.
>>
>>64264900

Honestly, it was fun.
>>
I was a kid when it came out so I didn't see why everybody thought it was so bad. I thought it was pretty good and I still like rewatching it when it's on TV or whatever.
Didn't like Silver Surfer though.

Seriously, I don't get why it is so hated. I guess it's pretty bland and it in no way rivaled Raimi's Spidey but it's still entertaining.
>>
>>64265060
All the actors were pretty close to how I imagined the family to be. It's just unfortunate that the scripts were pretty shonky.

Having said that, I did enjoy them and still watch them when they're on TV. They're not eye-gougingly terrible, what saves them is that they have a sense of humor about themselves and how ridiculous the whole thing is. Just a pity they couldn't create better stories.
>>
>>64265585
Because Sue was a bitch.
>>
>>64265041
You forgot Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom
>>
someone post that webm of alba walking into the room in that skintight suit
>>
Perfectly fine. And silver surfer was a great antagonist. Better than any comic shit since desu
>>
>>64264900
Pure kino compared to trank's fantastic 4
>>
>>64268058

I actually liked him a lot but he was still rocking that evil charmed vibe
>>
>>64264900
>Jessica Alba
>Latina as a white woman
>>
>>64268121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tBTqgeMZ0s
>>
>>64268121

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2015/05/27/how-jessica-alba-built-a-1-billion-company-and-200-million-fortune-selling-parents-peace-of-mind/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.