[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A New Cuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: star-wars-a-new-hope-image-21.jpg (145 KB, 1536x1037) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-a-new-hope-image-21.jpg
145 KB, 1536x1037
I watched A New Hope to see what all the fuss is about and these were my conclusions:

>shitty shitty acting
>more emotionless than a Chris Nolan movie
>geriatric "stunts" and fight choreography
>dickless pacing

I can see how this could have been a big deal as a movie for kids in the late 70s but otherwise it's shit.
>>
too bad your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>64264222
does anyone's?
>>
>>64263738
>shitty acting
>emotionless

you're just wrong on these points.
>>
File: 739[1].png (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
739[1].png
53 KB, 625x626
>>
>dickless pacing
I think you got your ANH and Poor Little White Boy 3 reviews mixed up.
>>
>>64264665

>entire planet with millions of inhabitants gets blown up
>oh

>people who raised you have been murdered
>oh

>old man you've spent time with for a week dies
>oh!

and then forgotten 5 minutes later
>>
File: w435435.jpg (99 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
w435435.jpg
99 KB, 1366x768
>>64263738
you're a cuck. the special effects were revolutionary at the time.
>>
>>64263738
>shitting acting
>emotionless
>poor pacing

This is simply not true.
>>
>>64264756
>at the time

Key phrase there. I should also point out that I said I can see how it would have been a big deal in the 70s.
>>
>>64263738
Plus the main character is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64264735
>entire planet with millions of inhabitants gets blown up
>oh
Leia nearly shitting herself and the old Wizard nearly passing out from the feels pass you by then?

>people who raised you have been murdered
>oh
Luke panicking when he realised they were in danger and rushed home, putting his own safety in danger, despite Obi Wan warning him back, then arriving to see his fears have been realised pass you by then?

>old man you've spent time with for a week dies
>oh!
Luke moping the the Falcon afterwards needing consolation from Leia pass you by then?

Just kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>64264944
>Leia nearly shitting herself and the old Wizard nearly passing out from the feels pass you by then?

The way they acted it made it look more like they were suffering from a hangover.

How would you feel if your home along the people you know were destroyed? You would be a shell of your former self.

They are both completely fine in the following scenes.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (22 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
22 KB, 600x387
>>64264802
Like father, like daughter.
>>
>>64264802
How? If that were true he would've started out a full-fledged Jedi Knight bad-ass and stopped Vader easily.
>>
>>64264778
You can't judge the special effect from the 70's based on the effects now. They literally didn't have the option to make it any better.
>>
>>64264944
did you watch a diffrent movie?
>>
>>64264735
A lot of people forget Luke knew Ben before ANH started.
>>
>>64265069
they don't make a big deal about obi wan because they want you as the viewer to forget about it so it's a surprise when he returns as a force ghost
>>
>>64265069
Obi-Wan is a legendary Jedi trained to control his emotions and to not mourn the dead.

Leia is a royal princess and a important member of the Rebel Alliance, and has seen much death. She has no time to cry when there is a Death Star to blow up and rebels to lead.
>>
>>64265559
luke murdered animals for fun and just wanted to leave. leia might have reacted off screen and it was some time before she met up with luke before you see her again. she was probably heavily tranquilized.
>>
>>64265570
I'm not tryin' to put you down but that's just not true. Obi-Wan wasn't even supposed to be in Empire for a long, long time, and even when he was they weren't sure if Alec would return.
>>
>>64264735
Luke is clearly lost and full of emotion when he sees his Aunt and Uncle dead. His whole world had just been destroyed. Like he says to Obi-Wan "There's nothing here for me now"
>>
>>64265550
did you? he's right
>>
>>64265069
This is how royalty reacts to an assassination attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e_GoHngOIE
>>
>>64265619
I mean as a force ghost guiding him later in the movie with his use the force line
>>
>>64265614
it's explained in her comic she is strong hearted and did not want to break down and cry, but to used alderaan's destruction as more fuel to her fire to end The Empire.
>>
>>64265681
I know. He was never planned to be a force ghost. Force Ghosts were never even a thing until Empire.

Despite what Lucas says not everything in Star Wars was planned all the way out from the get-go
>>
>>64265693
>it's explained in her comic
NO ONE FUCKING CARES
EU IS POINTLESS AND NOT CANON
SOMEDAY DISNEY EU WILL BE POINTLESS TOO
IT'S ALL CHEAP NOW
MR PLINKETT QUOTE GOES HERE
>>
>>64265709
he clearly evaporates and vader kicks at his robes.
>>
>>64265783
The comic isn't EU you fucking mongoloid it's from Marvel
>>
>>64265805
And?

You do realize Star Wars was thought to be a bomb and no sequel was ever planned because it was a pipe dream?

They only reason Vader didn't die was a last minute change.

Leia wasn't always meant to be Luke's sister, either. Are you gonna tell me "There is another..." proves that wrong too?
>>
>>64265783
It's a canon comic m8.
>>
> underage trollhard
> mfw
>>
>>64265880
so? he still dissapeared and didn't died.
I thought I remembered luke having a visible reaction to hearing obi wan's voicepit at the end in the cockpit, if you're saying they edited that in, fine, but movies go through a lot of editing. there's time lapses where you say luke should have had a stronger emotional reaction or whatever.
>>
>>64265709
Only morans think Lucas did anything other than a massive amount of coke and made shit up as he went along, kept in check until rotj by his 1st wife.
>>
>>64265880
You do realize they planned a cheap-o sequel that was to re-use most of the sets from ANH in case it bombed?
>>
>All this grasping for straws and workarounds for legitimate criticisms

Jesus Christ. OP is just baiting, but the fact that you faggots can't even acknowledge the serious flaws in this movie really demonstrates how bad your views are on anything else.
>>
>>64266188
Hi OP
>>
Really the most fucked up thing about ANH is Vader's dialogue. It makes no fucking sense at all, like they just told James Earl Jones to make something up on the spot. I don't know why people never bring it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk
>>
>>64265672
Balls of steel.
>>
>>64263738
millenial /v/ crossposter scum
get the fuck out of here and put a bullett in your head faggot
>>
>>64263738
>>more emotionless than a Chris Nolan movie
I just realised why I like both this and Nolan movies.
>>
>>64264649
the majorities opinion matters
>>
>>64264756
It was only revolutionary in the sense they managed to do what Kubrick did 10 years ago with a fraction of the budget.
>>
>>64263738
Welcome to the Star Wars mass delusion, where everyone loves the OT and hates the PT, despite both sharing identical problems, and if you dare challenge the status quo you get shot down as a tasteless retard

And now we're past the ignorance stage, with TFA making people realize that star wars has always been shit (good shit, mind you) and that the prequels actually were fine. We're now at the denial stage, everyone knows this but no one wants to say it, so they pretend TFA is a good movie and is above the prequels, when TFA is just a soulless nostalgia pandering rehash.

Just wait til the next chapters are released for the mass delusion to be dispelled
>>
>>64264756
but why does space oddysey look so much better?
>>
>>64268151
>despite both sharing identical problems
lmao no
If anything PT's problems are OT's strong points. Namely pacing.
>>
>>64264735
I guess you need verbal confirmation of someone's emotions, instead of reading it on their face. You know, like

>They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals!
>I hate them!
>I hate you!
>NOOOOOOO! (Do not want!)

The prequels are truly the pinnacle of film. Conveying emotions like no other.
>>
>>64268234
they clearly do, since you autists then complain there's no emotions in TPM, but the reality is you don't even know what you want because you're just nostalgic

if you'd take your nostalgia goggles you'd see for yourself that the OT has as many stupid dialogue
>>
>>64264735
Holy shit...Son of a bitch, you're right...
>>
>>64268189
I think ANH made heavier use of matte paintings while 2001 had more real sets
>>
>>64263738
I downloaded the despecialized torrent and tried rewatching it after many years.
I couldn't finish it and I have to agree your criticism is valid.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/gif/1451182107479.webm Daily reminder
>>
>>64265335
She wasn't a Mary Sue though. Luke was.
>>
>>64265335
Luke is the prettiest girl
>>
>>64268410
Incest is a-ok
>>
>>64265335
That's... actually really well casted.
>>
>itt people with autism or possibly even George Lucas trying to make a veiled case for the prequels because they can't understand emotions
>>
>>64268535
Mike Stoklasa is that you?
>>
Objectively worst board.
>>
>>64268436
>Saved from sandpeople and muh 12 death sentences guy by Ben Kenobi, saved by wedge and Han in death star attack

Only things Rey needed was the light saber brought to her, and then chewie to give her a lift off the shit base.
>>
>>64268436
Except it's the other way around, nigra. Luke was downright useless in the first 2 movies, while she is OP to the point of absurdity.
>>
>>64264756
Why the fuck is the DS lighted from above?

Shouldn't it be exactly the same as the planet?
>>
File: anon edgy.jpg (269 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
anon edgy.jpg
269 KB, 800x600
>>64263738
>>
File: bad things really are.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
bad things really are.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>64267936
Centuries of inbreeding actually.
>>
>>64265537
I am not disagreeing with you. Good job to them on the special effects.
>>
>>64263738
You're not alone in this, I watched the trilogy a few weeks ago. And I just can't comprehend what's good about them. Maybe it's because I saw it as an adult and the nostalgia doesn't affect me.
>>
>>64264756
2001 had better special effects and it was made 15 years before star wars
>>
>>64268151
Sure, let's look at the first movie in the PT:
Who is the main character?
Who is the villain?
Why are the antagonists acting the way they are?

For the OT these questions are very simple:
Luke
The Empire/Tarkin/Vader
They are trying to crush a rebellion after an Empire has formed

For the PT, it's like this:
I don't fucking know
The villain is unclear. I guess the trade federation? It's palpatine but we don't know that yet
Why the fuck are they doing this and what the fuck is the point of it and why isn't that clear in this movie?

YEAH TOTALLY THE SAME PROBLEMS
>>
>>64268234
The point is there are no non-verbal cues. It's like shitty high school acting.
>>
>>64269629
is your mind so retarded that you can't understand a movie with more than one character, more than one villain and the plot of the fucking movie?

it clearly is since you're parroting plinkett anyways
>>
>>64265511
This. Luke actually started off as a whiney kid. He grew up and matured as the movies progressed.
>>
>>64265335
It's actually galling how much of a Mary Sue she is. I can't believe grills are just eating this shit up.
>>
>>64270820
maybe they're not overanalysing a children's movie?
>>
>>64271823
Oh fuck off with this shit faggot.

Star Wars is deeply rooted from old fables, myths and legends.
If anything, it's one of the best things to pick apart and look at in depth.
>>
>>64263738
>what all the fuss
Then why are you posting about Star Wars? oh, attention.
>>
>>64272167
don't be so defensive
>>
>>64272804
yes, yes that's why
>>
>>64265593
Exactly. These are soldiers first and foremost, in the middle of a galactic war. They have already become cold and calloused to heavy losses such as these. I bet that guy also thinks thinks war films are unrealistic because the soldiers don't stop to cry every time a comrade dies.
>>
>uncle and aunt dies, ''meh, gonna go on space adventure lol''
>kobi kenobi dies ''noooooo ;_;'' even though he only knew him for a couple of days
I wish this fucking meme would die already and bring all the people that spout it
>>
>>64265783
>Buttflustered Star Wars fanboi frustrated that his beloved franchise is now dead at the hands of Disney
It was always cheap m8.
>>
>>64263738
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdb03Hw18M
>>
>>64269790
Truly The Phantom Menace is the pinnacle of storytelling, because it doesn't rely on the tired formula of a hero and a villian and rather, focuses on true social, philosophic and political commentary :^)
>>
>>64266188
I've spent hours criticizing the movies to all my friends who just eat this Disney shit up. You wouldn't believe some of the mental gymnastics people pull off to justify the plot and characters' behaviour to themselves. People just can't handle another disappointing Star Wars movie, so they drink the Koolaid.
>>
>>64273892
It's just a fucking movie, for fuck's sake, I get people nowadays need to grasp to something to justify their existence ironically it isn't religion, but Star Wars has always been a movie, we're all children of the people that were there in the first place, my dad was there when he watched Star Wars in 1977, and even he thinks The Force Awakens is hot garbage.
>>
>>64263738
It was a children's movie. Now those children have grown up and insist the movie they watched and grasped as a 7 year old is a philosophical masterpiece. I just can't wait for 10-15 years from now when Avengers is seen as a masterpiece by the kiddies who have then grown up. The cycle will continue forever.
>>
>>64265069
>How would you feel if your home along the people you know were destroyed? You would be a shell of your former self.

Maybe you're just a pussy
>>
>>64274600
and you're a cunt :)
>>
>>64274178
The difference is that Star Wars is nothing but philosophy, it's the foundation for the fucking movies, The Force Awakens is nothing but nostalgia cash grab and cool hip new action that your grandpa can't handle.
>>
>>64274178
>It was a children's movie

You mean luke's step-parents weren't horribly burnt to death and their flaming skeletons on screen?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.