[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Tommy Wiseau actually an extremely intellectual and self-aware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Tommy.jpg (121 KB, 1102x720) Image search: [Google]
Tommy.jpg
121 KB, 1102x720
Is Tommy Wiseau actually an extremely intellectual and self-aware man? Is The Room actually avant garde art house?
>>
What makes you say that?
>>
>>64261809
Because he's a crazy half-retard who made the movie to embezzle money from the russian mafia
>>
>>64261701
No, he is either:

1) A successful legitimate business man who wanted to make a movie for whatever reasons which ended up being so bad it's good

2) A successful dodgy business man who wanted to make a movie to launder money which ended up being so bad it's good
>>
>>64261851
You must be kidding aren't you
>>
>>64261809
The film has a very consistent surreal/ridiculous design, and an immense cult following. It manages to be as hilariously terrible as possible without looking like that was the intention behind it. Also, he's like, self-made rich or something. Are we dealing with genius here?
>>
>>64261892
If Lynch had made this people would be praising it to no end.
>>
File: 田井中律53753.png (80 KB, 220x296) Image search: [Google]
田井中律53753.png
80 KB, 220x296
>>64261869
>wanted to make a movie to launder money which ended up being so bad it's good
Are you talking like Producers style shit here or something?
>>
>>64261882
One of the actors in The Room said it, and doesn't sound any less ridiculous than wiseau's own backstory
>>
>>64261936
Nah The Producers was about insurance right?

This is more about writing huge losses against the movie and moving that cash to other businesses/people that Tommy or the people he's laundering the money for controls. Apparently Hollywood does it all the time.
>>
>>64261916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKPBLjHAEA
>>
>>64262091
They're not similar. I mean shot in that Twin Peaks shitty subversive soap opera kind of way.
>>
I liked that high test chick.
>>
>>64262072
That was sortof like The Producers. It was having a bunch of investors simultaneously invest in the movie, each thinking they had a large percentage of the profits when it wasn't true, and then intentionally producing a flop so that it wasn't noticed, while keeping all of the excess investor cash. I think it's pretty similar in concept to what you're describing.
>>
>>64262201
I think he made her cry. Not 100% sure.
>>
>>64261960
that was a theory thrown around by one of the actors because no one knew his backstory or where he was getting his money
how the fuck would he have that info?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.