[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>" So, I took the screenplay and divided it into three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
>"

So, I took the screenplay and divided it into three stories, and rewrote the first one. As I was writing, I came up with some ideas for a film about robots, with no humans in it. When I got to working on the Wookiee, I thought of a film just about Wookiees, nothing else. So, for a time, I had a couple of odd movies with just those characters. Then, I had the other two films, which were essentially split into three parts each, two trilogies. When the smoke cleared, I said, 'This is really great. I'll do another trilogy that takes place after this.' I had three trilogies of nine films, and then another couple of odd films. Essentially, there were twelve films."
- George Lucas, 1980

>muh disney will make too many SW movies!
>>
Was Jar Jar his favorite character and a sith lord back then too?
>>
> Such bullshit
> Stole EP 4 story arc from nip flick
> His wife was responsible for all the good things in the series
>>
File: lies.jpg (45 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
45 KB, 500x224
>>64261208
I wonder if he's said this shit so much he actually believes it.
>>
>>64261208
>>64265530
>> His wife was responsible for all the good things in the series

Marcia Lucas, the real reason why Episode IV and V are great and VI is decent. She won the academy award for editing the first movie, Lucas never one an Oscar for any of the movies. She established Obi Wan dying, the trench run, Han saving Luke, and made sure the story stayed coherent.

Lucas blames her for the divorce that she left him for a younger guy, but Lucas refused to settle down and have a family like she wanted. He was sterile but that wasn't the problem, he flat out lied to her many times saying he was going to retire but instead wasted all their money on Skywalker Ranch and his movies and forced her into being a business administrator.

I know it's a running gag to call Lucas autistic, but if you read their story it really feels that way. He was so out of touch with people's emotions and how to interpret them that he comes off as incredibly autistic.
>>
>>64265568
He's completely dillusional.
>>
>>64266101
Surely he realizes his claims have been directly contradicted by virtually every person involved with the original production?
>>
>>64266142
He burned bridges with several involved in the original production that were in any way involved in the story creative process.

The ones that stayed with him throughout were those that were involved in the production that didn't have anything to do with the writing. Everyone else he burned bridges with and then blackballed them with his friends.

Back then all of hollywood thought of Lucas as a Genius, and after Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back got released he was infalliable, so when he falling out with his creative staff he made sure that everyone he was friends with still would turn against them.
>>
>>64265683
Pretty sure Kershner had a lot to do with V being great as well, seeing as how he was an actual film maker.
>>
>>64265683
oh look this beaten down meme again

when will reddiplebs fuck off?
>>
>>64265683

His wife is a cheating whore that had little to do with the movies beyond the first one.

and how is he sterile when he has blood kids?
>>
>complain about not enough technology to make his great ideas

>have no great ideas when the technology arrives
>>
>>64261208

That's a flat out lie. He had a tough enough time creating the story for Star Wars much less the whole trilogy.

Its all in the book "The Secret History of Star Wars".
>>
>>64265683
>Marcia Lucas, the real reason why Episode IV and V are great and VI is decent.

But I thought the real reason why OT is great was Kasdan. Oh, wait no, that was Gary Kurtz. Err...no actually that was Kershner and Marquand.
>>
>>64266519
>His wife is a cheating whore that had little to do with the movies beyond the first one.

Lucas cucked himself. All of his kids except for one are adopted. His biological daughter was born using a fertility clinic and a surrogate donor. He's sterile.
>>
>>64265683
she did edit on IV while editing a movie for Scorcese but her participation was in addition to Hirsch and Chew, who were the main editors. it's true she contributed a lot, particularly in the script stage (eg fixing the trench run, killing obi wan), but the idea that Lucas is a hack and Marcia saved Star Wars from him is BS myth perpetuated by prequel haters and feminists.

no idea about what she did on the sequels, though. i expect her work on that was much less than on the Star Wars, though. even the people rewriting the past don't say anything about those.
>>
>>64266617
It was all of those people, but Marcia is the reason why the movies stayed coherent. She was an accomplished editor who had worked for Scorsese for years. She was also the only one to tell Lucas that his ideas were stupid. The only reason anybody else got any input at the begging was because she was the only one that could get Lucas to listen to other people's ideas.
>>
>>64266633

I was going to say that is a horrible fate..but honestly he created something that will probably last as long as humanity does..so
>>
>>64261208
It's no secret that 80's George wanted to pump these films out like pulp comics.
>>
>>64266668
No kid. Now quit your memeing and grow up.
>>
>>64266641
>the idea that Lucas is a hack and Marcia saved Star Wars from him is BS myth perpetuated by prequel haters and feminists.

Mark Hamill, himself has said she was the only one that could get Lucas to take input. After the divorce she was blackballed by Lucas friends in hollywood and he removed her from the credits and from anything related to the films.

Not trying to be all "Woman power" and shit here. This isn't a feminist argument, this is truly about how fucking retarded Lucas was with several of his ideas and how the only one that had balls to tell him to not be an idiot was his first wife.
>>
>>64266699
He may have wanted to down the line. But saying he was planning and envisioning the story becoming a saga, when the crew were scoffing at him, the studio had no faith in him and failure seemed almost certain is laughable.
>>
>>64266678
>created something that will probably last as long as humanity does

You don't actually believe this right?
>>
>>64261208
Meanwhile, in the real world:

Lucas: 6 movies in 30 years
Disney: 6 movies in 6 years

>muh false equivalencies
>>
>>64266748

>surpassing eli manning levels of autism to blow everyone away and the rest of the cast is like wtf
>>
>>64266779

You have thousands of grown as people talking about his movies at 4, 5 and 6 in the morning. Which has been going on for decades already and is now owned by a corporation that will never let it go.

Who are you kidding?
>>
File: Ewok_movies_cover.jpg (57 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Ewok_movies_cover.jpg
57 KB, 300x424
How do people not know these movies actually exist?
For all the bitching about the Star Wars Holiday Special which isn't even funny bad, you think these would get more coverage.
>>
>>64266806

grown-ass*
>>
>>64266784

You could easily make 100 movies in SW universe.

There are billions of planets with millions of alien races. Disney using the setting to it's full potential is a great thing.

Lucas was a dumb fag who stopped caring after ESB.
>>
>>64266811
I know they exist, family. They thing is George knew they were shit so they didn't get wide notoriety.
>>
>>64266678
You live a terrible life if you think adopting children is a terrible fate.
>>
>>64266811
>Written by George Lucas
>/tv/ THE MAN IS A GENIUS HE MADE STAR WARS LAST FOREVER

I actually have a cousin who adores these movies, he's serving his 4th jail sentence right now for being a child molesting drug dealer.
>>
>>64266844

>Raising someone else's dna

There is a reason for the cuck meme
>>
>>64266844

I was actually saying that mostly for not being able to have his own blood family, what it would do psychologically..him adopting kids is just the next best thing.

Maybe if he could have had kids, his wife wouldn't have been a cheating whore.
>>
File: Willow_movie.jpg (82 KB, 285x425) Image search: [Google]
Willow_movie.jpg
82 KB, 285x425
>>64266811
Its bizarre, I have them on VHS and nobody even mentions they exist in their "LOL WORST STAR WARS SHIT EVER" reviews.

Battle For Endor is actually quite a good bad movie as well, it's got wizards and magic and all sorts of shit that doesn't belong in Star Wars but is there anyway.

Now I think about it, they were basically Star Wars mashed up with Willow.
>>
>>64266806
You're deluded if you think people will be talking about Star Wars in millions of years.
>>
>>64266930

>MAD MARDIGAN, Food for crows!

>"Give me a sword ERIC, I'll win this war for you!
>>
>>64266947

Time is relative when humanity may kill itself off in next decade or less through war.
>>
>>64266905
>Maybe if he could have had kids, his wife wouldn't have been a cheating whore.

They adopted a girl together about a year before the divorce. It wasn't that they couldn't have biological kids, it's that he wanted to focus on the ranch and make more star wars movies and he wanted her to run the business while he directed everything even though he had told her he was retiring. At the time he was also building ILM, and skywalker sound.
>>
>>64266930
I loved Battle for Endor as a kid but now all I can remember is the fast thing running through the field and into stones, them creeping up into the bad guy lair, that cave bird hang-gliding scene and "Star Cruiser Whoosh!" That's it. The rest has faded completely from my memory which is unusual for a film I was fond of as a child.
>>
>>64266930
>it's got wizards and magic and all sorts of shit that doesn't belong in Star Wars
There's plenty of wizards and magic in Star Wars tho ya dingus
>>
>>64265683
I don't think Lucas being autistic is a fucking meme. Maybe on 4chan, but if you pay close attention you can actually notice autistic symptoms in him.
>>
>>64267099
That's exactly what it says you stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>64265683
I remember one anecdote about him listening to test screenings and being upset when people laughed when Leia gave Luke a kiss on the cheek for luck. His wife had to explain that it was good reaction and people were laughing due to tension being released.
>>
File: thisthreadisnowInMyVoiceEhOh.jpg (42 KB, 333x480) Image search: [Google]
thisthreadisnowInMyVoiceEhOh.jpg
42 KB, 333x480
>>64261208
>>
>>64267174
Reading comprehension, retard. He implied Lucas being autistic is just a light-hearted joke at first.
>>
>>64266947
>IMPLYING HUMANITY WILL LAST ANOTHER 1000
TOP KEK
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.