[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this film so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: pulpfiction.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pulpfiction.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Why is this film so popular?
>>
>>64254052
Great storytelling, memorable characters, dialogue, action, violence, chemistry, set, setting.............

it's probably the closest to a 'greatest film of all time' we are going to get
>>
Because a lot of people like it.
>>
File: 1448416611932.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1448416611932.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
>>64254095
>plebs actually believe this
>>
>>64254052
Say 'why' again! I dare you. I double dare you! Say 'why' one more motherfucking time!
>>
>>64254052
I don't even know, guy.

Between this and The Big Lebowski, I think the latter lived up to the hype /tv/ gave it.
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 939x930) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 939x930
>>64254130
>>
Because it was the first time most people saw Tarantino's work. Now that every movie he makes is the same, you forget how exciting it was the first time.
>>
Because it showed that gangsters aren't badasses but just normal idiots like you or me.
>>
It's one of those movies that's been so influential that it's really hard to understand it's significance today because it's been copied so many goddamn times that it doesn't seem original at all anymore.
>>
>>64254641
Not necessarily true, I just saw it for the first time fairly recently and I saw a couple of his other movies before that, but I still absolutely loved it.

It might be the case with a lot of people, but I'd already had a sample of his work before and Pulp Fiction is at the worst my 2nd favourite of his movies
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.