[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled and the year is almost over, can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ex-machina.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ex-machina.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Now that the dust has settled and the year is almost over, can we say that this is the best sci-fi film of 2015 and one of the top 10 movies of the year?

>tfw you will never be cucked by Ava
>>
>>64250774

No, it was as forgettable as an episode of The Outer Limits.
>>
>>64250774
Alicia Virkander needs implants or something.
>>
Best sci Fi 2015 yes

Best anything else ever, no
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x336
>>
It's definitely my favourite of the year. I don't know why /tv/ doesn't like it all that much, but I can see why some wouldn't be all that into it. I loved it, though
>>
>>64250774
it was excellent and original, but had the disadvantage that most of the sci-fi audience isn't as smart as it thinks it is and didn't grasp the underlying problem of AI that it tackled.

they'd rather complain that the movie didn't explain how Ava got the helicopter pilot to take her, instead of accepting that the movie isn't treating that as a point of conflict and focusing on the ambiguity and resonance of the ending.
>>
>>64252023
/tv/ realized it was watching an "AI movie" and immediately thought they had seen everything about the subject.

actually almost every AI story done so far, even the ones people think are "smart", really misses the point of the subject and winds up being about tangential issues like seeing past differences, etc.
>>
>>64252132
well no shit.

jesus thanks for clarifying that dr. pavel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0ZIECM7_0

> What were you doing with Eva?
> What?
> You tore up her picture!
> I'm going to tear up the fucking dance floor dude, check it out
> * Dancing ensues *
> * Confused ginger looks *

This scene made the film for me.
>>
>>64252727
>lol nathan is so str8 bro like LMAO dude

shit would have been cringe inducing if caleb wasn't such a fucking faggot
>>
>>64250774
Awful movie apart from the sexy ladies.

>let's posit the first true artificial intelligence
>let's make her an emo hipster chick
>let's pit her against two of the mostly blatantly and severely flawed idiots to ever grace the screen

This, Fury Road, and TFA getting rave reviews shows how absolutely and depressingly terrible the sci-fi/fantasy genre has become.
>>
>>64252945
Sci-fi was never anything but campy
>>
>>64252945
>mfw i loved the movie but know i could conceivably be/become this guy

g-guys? i liked it.. a lot. what do i do now?

>>64251967
>trying to maim my future ex-wife

nathan pls go
>>
Spotted a big flaw in this movie's premise.

There's no way on top of being a programming wiz Nathan also invented the first flawless life-like human skin in his basement. Therefore, he likely had it specially manufactured for his purposes. Therefore, there is likely a burgeoning sex-bot industry because you KNOW there would be. Therefore, coming across a flirtatious female automaton would not be particularly surprising.

Future Law & Order probably did a sex bot episode and everything. I still really liked the movie.
>>
>>64253138
Blade Runner's campy? 2001 is campy? Alien is campy?
>>
>>64253263
He's a billionaire times 99 so he probably has some skunkworks type company in Polynesia that manufactures all his shit secretly.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.