[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone else who believes they should have aired Hokuto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
Is there anyone else who believes they should have aired Hokuto no ken on the tv instead of DBZ?
>>
>>64249426
they did but you were in your dads balls when this happened
>>
>>64249426
Yes there is in your containment board.

>>>/a/
>>
>>64249426
I believe you should fuck off to /a/
>>
>>64249589
>>64249596
Untolerant dumbfucks
>>
hahahahahahaha

no
>>
Yes, i think they should have, in fact kenshiro's character is deeper than goku
>>
>>64249426
It's the shame anime shit
>>
>>64249724

kids don't care about "deep" characters though
>>
>>64249834
No, but honestly as a kid i would have liked kenshiro more than goku
>>
>>64249945

no one actually liked goku desu, vegeta was the cool one
>>
>>64249999
>unironically liking the edgy, balding manlet

Hello reddit!
>>
>>64250078

>being this insecure
>>
>>64249426
It's one of my favorite animes but not really, i think DBZ has a more saturday morning cartoon feel which is what they were going for, and a larger quantity of likable characters. Besides, dozens of people are usuallu murdered each episode of FOTNAS. The dub is shit too.
>>
>>64250152
Agreed, they should have made a better dub
>>
>>64249426
In the 80s, Italian local broadcasters tried it and it was a fucking success. Everyone knew about Hokuto and exploding enemies.
>>
>>64249426

They used to air it on cable TV in the 90's, although they replaced the kickass "SHOCK!" theme with some generic drum n bass.
>>
>>64250235
I've always had a hard time picturing an english VA conveying "You're already dead." just as badass the jap VA says "Omae wa mou shindeiru.".
>>
>>64250383

The guy they got for Ken's Rage on PS3/X360 did a decent job. His line delivery of "Life is a privilege, and YOU DON'T DESERVE IT!" is spot-on.
>>
I always thought that FotNS had better characters
>>
>>64249589
>containment board
Hello Reddit.
>>
>>64250152

Yeah, if would be weird showing people taking arrows and hatchets to the face on Saturday mornings to kids.
>>
>>64250543

I always liked Raoh. He's introduced as a generic tyrant, but by the end you kind of feel for the guy.
>>
>>64250152
>The dub is shit too
The DBZ dub is just as bad, maybe worse
>>
>>64250841

Goku's English VA reminds me too much of Chris Hardwick. I don't like it.
>>
>>64249426
They did man, shit was cash. There's more than one tv show on at a time you know.

>>64249589
Daily reminder that anyone who says 'containment board' or 'cross-posting' is a redditor and is to be ignored.
>>
>>64250976

funi dub are objectively the correct voices
>>
>>64250976
Schemmel is a lot better these days, but back in the Toonami years his performance was horrendous, especially in the 1999 episodes. But then, everyone was.

The problem with the DBZ dub is more than just the casting & performance though -- it' that the dialogue was changed and 'spiced up' by Barry Watson and the writing crew. Shit like 'mondo cool' and 'I don't have time to hear about Kakarrot's hair problems' was just cringey then, and plain embarrassing now.

Not to mention that they loved to abuse the 'character is offscreen, so let's have them blab a bunch of shit that's not in the script' trick
>>
>>64250682
In fact a lot of kids are used to that kind of stuff, however in Dbz kids could watch master roshi being a perv.
>>
>>64250682
But FotNS suffered a very heavy censorship
>>
>>64249426
Dafuq is wrong with you?
Dbz is way better than your homoerotic shit
>>
>>64252350
As we can see, here we have the perfect sample of a dipshit.
>>
>>64252398

thanks for showing us
>>
>>64252350
DBZ cucks should've been rounded up and holocausted years ago

You are literally human garbage
>>
I think HnK needs a definitive, 21st century adaptation in the same way that JJBA is getting now. That or something similar to the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs.

Also, I never saw DBZ Kai. Is it worth checking out?
>>
>>64252826

>he no likey my cartoons waaaaahh waaaahhh
>>
>>64252864
You can't do HnK today, it's 100% 80's
>>
>>64252864
If you like watching the series in English, Kai is a godsend, because the dub isn' straight up dogshit anymore. It's actually pretty good. It's also nice if you watch it in Japanese, because the audio is crystal clear compared to the optical audio on all the other DVD releases.

It also has pretty breakneck pacing compared to the original series, and cuts out a lot of filler, though the editing gets lazier the further you go.

The other strike against it is that it also omits:
-the first 40% of the story (the original Dragon Ball anime) -the last 20% (Majin Boo arc)

Though, the Boo arc finally did get Kai'd this year and will probably be dubbed soon.
>>
Trying to describe HnK to someone whose never seen it is hard as fuck

Best Ive described it would be Jackie Chan using DBZ moves in the world of Mad Max/Fallout
>>
>>64253867
When I tried to explain it to friends, I said 'imagine Mad Max post-apocalypse but there's a martial artist who hits guys until their heads explode'
>>
>>64250543
They're objectively better. All of the big bads in HNK have actual motivations and are redeemed, as are the grunts when Raoh dies.
All the characters in DBZ do it for the sake of killing or conquering
>>
>>64253867
Mad Max with a Bruce Lee space marine wandering the wasteland blowing people up with his bare hands.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.