[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a substantial difference in watching this in 70mm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: hateful.jpg (133 KB, 599x587) Image search: [Google]
hateful.jpg
133 KB, 599x587
Is there a substantial difference in watching this in 70mm?
>>
>>64248547
No because it's mostly indoors with closeups.
>>
>>64248547

95% of the movie in a wagon/cabin.

>But Muh Vistas!

Cinematography fags are pure cancer
>>
>>64248547
at first I felt bad for Tarantula with disney blocking his movie screening in 70mm and so on, but then I actually watched the movie and it's mostly indoors anyway...
>>
>>64248601
Pretty much this. What a waste of the format.
>>
I have a feeling i'm gonna be disappointed with this movie. Every character seems like a despicable retard, especially the woman. Should I take my gf to see Carol instead?
>>
>>64249163
it's his weakest by movie by far, even Deathproof is better
>>
>>64249163
I don't know if it's a date movie, really

I liked it a lot, but I wouldn't really show it to someone I wanted to stick it in, especially for 3 hours

Do you know if she likes any other Tarantino movies? It might not be such a traumatic date if yes, but Rooney Mara's nipples on a big screen might be a better idea if it's not her thing
>>
>>64249537

She tolerated Pulp Fiction, hated Kill Bill and liked Django Unchained.

I'm honestly leading towards Carol because I like Rooney's tits and my gf like Blanchett and love stories. I can always go have a wank for 3 hours with my friends in a few weeks for Hateful 8.
>>
I really wanted a mouthful of that sloppy stew
>>
>>64249336
Deathproof was better than basterds and django too
>>
File: Funny_Stew_le_button_'nu-male.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Funny_Stew_le_button_'nu-male.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>>64249883
this sloppy stew?
>>
It doesn't surprise me this movie is having trouble.

It's QT's version of an Agatha Christie story, not Reservoir Dogs at all. Plus boy are people getting distracted by the dingus scene.

I thought the ending was strangely humanist and touching with the two men setting their differences aside to administer justice.
>>
>Hurrdurr it's all close-ups
>What a waste of a format!

You would have thought that I would have grown used to the plebs on /tv/, but they never cease to amaze me. The close-ups are great, and lend a Leone-esque sense of grandeur to the story. These are less men than forces of nature: giants to be reckoned with. 70mm was the way to go, and it looked excellent.
>>
Yes

double the dingus
>>
>>64249829
She might like it, but I think the gore is gonna be a turn off

Maybe show her Reservoir Dogs and see how she likes it? But it sounds to me more like Carol might be a better one to try

And Sailor Roon is above the word tits you fuck
>>
>>64249336
I disagree, I thought it was better than KB2, Inglorious Basterds, and possibly Django.

Then again I seem to be like one of the only people on the planet that doesn't like IB. Either way I feel like H8 was decent enough for what it was.
>>
>>64249537
Carol is a real gf movie, but be advised that all the men look like doofuses
>>
>>64250499
Tarantino hasn't made a movie that was consistently good all the way through since Kill Bill 1.

Hateful Eight is that consistent but is also a complete story and a touching fable about setting aside your differences.

Disappointing that people aren't going for it.
>>
Actually spoilers/plot details below, don't mouse over unless you mean it.

I fucking hated how literally half the characters were just in cahoots anyways. Having Gage, Bob, and Oswaldo just being gang members working for Daisy really felt like a cop-out. I was expecting 8 characters betraying each other and constantly feuding, and instead I basically got Warren, OB, and Ruth vs. Daisy, Jody, Gage, Bob, and Oswaldo.

Chris Mannix was legitimately a great character and had a pretty entertaining arc, I kind of wanted more like that in the movie.

Warren, Ruth, and Daisy were fine, and were all pretty much what I expected. Warren being an asshole war criminal and pathological liar rather than just a Mary Sue black bounty hunter made him more interesting though, in my opinion.

Smithers felt a little underused, but his character was still acceptable and definitely less of a cop-out than the remaining three.
>>
>>64249163
No. Her buck is taking her.
>>
>>64250743
>Having Gage, Bob, and Oswaldo just being gang members working for Daisy really felt like a cop-out.

QT probably came up with the title and the scenario first. he had to stick to that number of characters. it wasn't a copout.

if you compare the characters to what QT provided in his most recent films the movie immediately stands out. there are actual human beings in it instead of just a bunch of types lifted from other movies he's seen.

people haven't really absorbed the film properly yet because of how distracting dinguses are, I thought it had no serious flaws and even enjoyed the slightly overextended flashbacks and QT's narration. the narration positioned the film as a puzzle, distancing it from us, then the extreme gore and sadism made it all hilarious.
>>
>>64249336
Deathproof is based though.
>>
>>64250743
I liked that they dispatched with Ruth pretty early, as he'd been set up as sort of a dual protagonist with Warren. I guess I can also see why someone would be unhappy about the gang reveal, but it didn't detract too much from the film for me. I wish QT had done more with the idea that they were all performers, but oh well.
>>
>>64250743
>spoiler 2
Yeah, I thought Mannix's arc was the best part of the movie as far as the technical level goes, I genuinely wasn't expecting him to develop as a character
>>
>>64249163
It's his worst film yet, but the woman is the best thing in the movie.
>>
>>64251000
It's a minor gripe really, for what it's worth I really enjoyed the movie too, and I probably need more time to digest it, but I guess I just thought it didn't feel like the Hateful Eight so much as the Hateful 5 + 4 of Daisy's cronies.

Also that gripe aside, I kind of felt bad for Madsen. They gave him almost nothing to work with.
>>
So is it true that black people only feel safe when white folk are disarmed?
>>
File: h8ful8originaldraft.jpg (495 KB, 1000x1522) Image search: [Google]
h8ful8originaldraft.jpg
495 KB, 1000x1522
threadly reminder
>>
>>64251251
>Madsen

I think the idea was to cast QT regulars in roles so we wouldn't know who the "important" characters were.

Likewise I assume the reason there were 9 characters was to surprise the people QT assumed were counting based on the title, and would assume that all the cast had been introduced.

Like I said, I think people's vast and complex array of expectations are hurting their ability to appreciate this movie.

In particular, the movie actually wasn't much like Reservoir Dogs at all.
>>
>>64252594
It's because O.B. wasn't hateful at all, so there needed to be 8 Hateful people.
>>
>>64248547
What make this worth watching in "70" are

>Program booklet
>No ads/previews, goes straight to movie
>Overture, Intermission
>Witnessing History

Most of the theaters are not even equipped with the right size screen for 2.76:1, so many are giving you a half assed experience. Some theaters had their projectors break too and had to show it in digital.

Mine had a 70mm projector but did not have a wide enough screen, meaning black bars.
Regardless, it was an experience like none other. I don't pay to go to the movies but once a year, but I'll make an exception for anyone who does roadshow-like presentations like this one and who puts this much passion into their work.

Undisputed movie of the year.
>>
>>64249829
Sam Jackson makes a white boy suck his cock on screen while literally cuckposting.

It will be extremely awkward for you and her, and even if it isn't, she'll be thinking of BBC.
>>
>>64252733
Was the overture in the screener?
>>
>>64252701
OB seemed like a real stand-up guy. He went out into the cold to flush the guns.
>>
My biggest gripe was the sudden introduction of a narrator.
Felt like it was only added mid way through to say plot that Tarantino couldn't figure out how to show
>>
>>64252439
>I have not seen the movie
>>
>>64252870
>Felt like it was only added mid way through to say plot that Tarantino couldn't figure out how to show
It was actually Tarantino himself narrating. Probably an easy way to shoehorn himself into the film
>>
>>64252960
I just got back from it m8, it's the same fucking thing
>muh they're mining for gold instead of waiting out a blizzard
>>
>>64252870
No, it's because Tarantino wants to do theater and because no one has narrators in movies anymore.
>>
>>64248601
Wow, perfect reply immediately.
>>
>>64253035
They have nothing in common except the title and the western setting
>>
>"You're boy, black dude's dingus in his mouth..."

Isn't the term "dude" relatively new? Like within the past handful of decades?
>>
>>64253165
news just in, Tarantino isn't that interesting in gritty historical realism.

you can go see The Revenant for that if you like, but it's not nearly as entertaining or well-written
>>
Channing Tatum is hiding in the basement the whole time. Everyone at the cabin when the bounty hunters arrive are working to release Daisy
>>
>>64253102
>betrayals and crosses out the ass, shifting allegiances etc.
>using homosexuality to manipulate people
>low amount of shootouts (only 1 or 2 in both)
>everyone vying for the MacGuffin (Gold/Daisy)
>the two survivors reminisce about everything as they lay dying after killing the evil gang
>hiding guns for future use
its got a lot of similarities m8
>>
>>64253259
hella epic bro
>>
>>64253165
I know dude used to mean a person with fancy clothes, like "all duded up" meant in your nice clothes.
>>
It was good, but if you go in expecting Pulp Fiction, you'll be disappointed. They could've definitely explored some of the characters more, and what the fuck, Kurt Russel snowed in, in a whodunnit, and he dies in like a minute?
>>
File: 1451210053875.jpg (74 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1451210053875.jpg
74 KB, 750x750
>>64248547

do you think tarantino will stop at 10 movies? i don't think he will. he even implied that he's not going to. he just uses the " i am only going to make 10 movies" thing to motivate him to make good movies
>>
>>64253225
>The Revenant
Is it out in Canada yet?
>>
>>64253165
>Tarantino isn't interested in realism

wooooow
>>
>>64253500
kill yourself
>>
>>64253500
DELETE THIS
>>
>>64248547
No, it's horrible either way
>>
>>64253500

i wanna see jordyn jones take a big black dick so badly
>>
Name a single theatrical release this year better than H8

You can't.
>>
>>64253958
Mad Max: Fury Road
Phoenix
>>
>>64253938
>>/reddit/
>>
Super boring and overly violent in a non entertaining way
>>
Spoiler discussion, just saw the movie

Why didn't Channing Tatum's character kill Chris and Warren from the basement? After the movie, we agreed that he could have easily killed both of them with TWO GUNS.
>>
>>64256853
They both had their guns trained on the basement door, so they could shoot him if he popped up. Tatum probably would have had a hard time shooting them from the basement without coming up.
>>
>>64256853
Cause he didn't know if Ruth was still alive with his gun on daisy constantly.
>>
>>64257063
I meant before he shot the balls off, he had the jump on them.

>>64257157
He was down there the entire time, he should've seen Ruth get shot by Daisy.

The only logical explanation we came to was that he was worried that they'd shoot Daisy, but that's refuted by taking the first shot in the first place.
>>
File: SLJ.jpg (126 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
SLJ.jpg
126 KB, 660x330
The film is horrendously long. As editor, Sally Menke would have easily cut an hour out of it. For the first time in a Tarantino film I felt how long it was and that breaks my heart. It's almost as if this 70mm and intermission/overture hullabaloo is to distract from how mediocre a film it was. Clearly the coolest part is that those things are correlate with his style and his type of cinephilia but that only goes so far. Menke clearly knew how to shape those Tarantino-isms the best and we are all suffering from her loss.
>>
>>64252799
Agreed. However, feel that this was the highlight of the movie. The rest could put me to sleep. Ending was terrible. Could've been summed up within an hour of filming.
>>
>>64252594
Well I mean there it listed all the actors at the beginning didn't it. I remembering seeing Channing Tatums name and then wondering where the hell he was supposed to be coming into this when the movie was like 2/3 finished.
>>
File: Imax_format_srov_35mm_70mm.png (141 KB, 2200x1272) Image search: [Google]
Imax_format_srov_35mm_70mm.png
141 KB, 2200x1272
>>
>>64248547
all this talk about the size of the screen or Tarantino being a cuck. Why cant you guys just spoil the movie for me like you did with TFA.
>>
>>64259126
Sally Menke is dead, and Tarantino's 3 hour long films are great, faggot.
>>
>>64260260
I don't get it.
>>
>>64248547
>>64248601
>>64248922
It's about the framing and the texture of the image, not about the fucking landscapes.
>>
>>64249336
So it's worse then his best film... That doesn't help at all.
>>
>>64253165
Django Unchained featured dynamite and Australian's, neither of which existed at the time the film took place
>>
>>64249883
Minnie's stew tastes same every fucking time you eat no matter the meat you use
>>
>>64259126
I don't agree that this film needed an hour trimmed off, but some of the dialogue in the latter half dragged on and the narration was handled in a very sloppy manner. 20 minutes probably could have been trimmed.
>>
>>64261657
It's a black male thing
>>
>>64249163
Don't listen to /tv/. Watch it.
>>
>>64252799
No she won't because her mind isn't poisoned with /tv/ memes.
>>
>>64255259
It wasn't boring in the slightest.
>>
File: horse stew.png (457 KB, 1024x369) Image search: [Google]
horse stew.png
457 KB, 1024x369
>>64249883
yummy
>>
>>64262454
Is that where her cat went?
>>
>>64250729
>Tarantino hasn't made a movie that was consistently good all the way through since Kill Bill 1.
I share this feeling.
>>
>>64248547
yea it makes the dingus scene great, does anyone else wish they could suck on a big black johnson while their wife watches you?
>>
>>64249163
you will be 100% of the film is ina log cabin and people crying about why they are there, and then they kill off Kurt Russell too early so its boring as fuck

should be called the boring8
>>
>>64249829
go watch it because she'll be craving black cock after the movie, every other word in the movie is "nigger" I think it's said something like a record number of times 1769, in one movie. So after she's heard all that and after she watches a metaphorical scene of a white boy (you) sucking on a big black dingus, shes going to be looking for the nearest tyrone to ride so his dick touches tickles her womb. Sorry mate
>>
>>64265166
I was thinking about that too, that word is said way too much and there's only one black person in it
>>
>>64265091
That'll show her.
>>
>>64265226
YEa it would, I'm actually a cuck though so I don't mind if people have a go on her, I'm still nto sure about a black guy but we've agreed on a white go so far but i have to watch and part-take if I want
>>
>>64265267
desu senpai... fuck off to reddit
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.