[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer Spielberg the fantasy and adventure storyteller,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: spielberg.jpg (49 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
spielberg.jpg
49 KB, 500x671
Do you prefer Spielberg the fantasy and adventure storyteller, or Spielberg the historian?
>>
Fantasy/Adventure Spielberg is best Spielberg.
Schindler's list ruined him. As did shakey cam being used everywhere because people made fun of his static cameras too many times with him in earshot.
>>
>>64246940
My favorite Spielberg film is Schindler's List, so obviously the fantasy storyteller.
>>
He's clearly best at making adventure flicks, the reason being, that they aren't meant to be taken too seriously.
>>
the only time he was able to balance the two appropriately was empire of the sun

he definitely came close a few other times.. it's also a shame most of his sci-fi works are overrated/shit.

i kinda think at heart hes more of a historian but he just really liked money and was a good enough storyteller
>>
>>64247027
top kek
>>
>>64247027
Beat me to it.
>>
>>64247007
I haven't seen Bridge of Spies yet so I dunno if he's dropped the shaky cam in everything lately, but Lincoln at least was beautifully composed and shot throughout. That could just be because it was an actionless, dialogue driven film though.
>>
>>64246940
ai is best berg

but yea, historian berg is great (specially lincoln and bridge of spies; tevey at his most fordian), but so is action/adv berg... not sure which is best
>>
>>64247689
I thought minority report was fantastic
>>
>>64248618
guy you quoted here

that's the only one i liked
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.