[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you'll never find the pearl >tfw you wanna be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 435642.jpg (280 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
435642.jpg
280 KB, 1200x1600
>tfw you'll never find the pearl
>tfw you wanna be like the monk but are closer to the pimp
>tfw you're a dog chasing a tennis ball in a swimming pool
>tfw Hershlag will never tell you to open your mouth

Has Terry become too self-indulgent and repetitive? Or do you feel he has expressed anything new in this flick?
>>
How was the toe sucking scene though?
>>
>Knight of Cups

More like Knight of KEKS!
>>
File: Christian-Bale.jpg (286 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Bale.jpg
286 KB, 940x626
>>64246684
Really good, lots of close ups, goes on for at least a full minute. Hershlag orders him to open his mouth then just shove her toes in there.
>>
File: hershlag pretty fingers.jpg (177 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
hershlag pretty fingers.jpg
177 KB, 2000x1333
>>64246875
hnnnnnnnnnng can't wait for the torrent
Where did you watch it btw
>>
>>64246443
>he watched it
literally how
>>
I liked the bit when the wind blew through the leaves.
>>
>>64246975
It has been out everywhere but the US
>>
>>64246975
it already came out in France some time ago. Reviews for Western audiences are still embargoed, unless they're reports from the Berlin premiere, which took place almost a fucking year ago, smdh.
>>
>>64247019
i didnt like that part
>>
awful poster
>>
>>64247095
Here in the Netherlands there were a lot of reviews already.
they were all negative and at most sort of okay
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (44 KB, 576x326) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
44 KB, 576x326
>>64247095
>Berlin premiere
>>
>>64246443

>there are people not on board with Malick's attempt to reinvent the cinematic language

plebs pls
>>
There's literally a voiceoiver where Bale whispers "Ah... Life..."

The ending is him walking in the desert for five minutes.
>>
>>64247670
Film of the year confirmed
>>
>>64247207
waar kun je de film zien eh zemmer
>>
>>64247744
LHC in utrecht

the film was quite shit
>>
saw this at the Irish premiere. didn't have much experience with malick beforehand but this thing blew my mind. possibly a few scenes could have been cut but overall the thing was great. soundtrack helped too
>>
>>64247207
Not enough interracial scenes or not enough drug scenes?
>>
>>64247934
interesting to hear opinions from people who are Malick virgins.

all the converted are already wise to his tricks which makes some of this stuff banal.
>>
muh vice versus virtue
muh beautiful people
muh love is the meaning of life
muh daddy issues
muh dead brother
muh nature is better than urbanism
muh birds
muh lubezki improv
muh arvo part
muh intimate thoughts whispers
>>
>>64248634
Sounds like a masterpiece
>>
>>64246443
>watching Mallick

ishiggy diggy. Literally Nolan tier.

Oh look, they even cast the same actors...
>>
Antonio Banderas [on working with Terrence Malick's 'Knight of Cups]: It’s been the most weird cinematic experience I have ever had in my life. He sent me a monologue of nine pages, pretty much didn’t make sense, I was talking about very little things and then suddenly I was talking about the whole universe. Things like that, in a very short space with no transitions. I went there and the first thing he said was, “I didn’t send you a script for a reason, and that is we don’t have a script. We have a character played by Christian Bale and we are putting him through a number of experiences we will connect later. You will be at a party, and this monologue I sent you we will shoot in five different locations. Then I’m going to send you what I call ‘torpedoes,’ which are actors who are going to improvise with you in the middle of your stuff.” So he sent me women that took me against the wall and started kissing me, beautiful ladies, and then suddenly an old lady that’s talking about the death of her husband that I am supposed to know. “Oh, Ramone died?” Then you just do whatever you want! Literally. At the party I did coke, I played basketball with a bunch of models, I jump in the pool with my tuxedo on with two girls kissing me. I went crazy in a crazy party that didn’t actually make so much sense, but at the same time I thought, “Oh my God, this guy got the balls to write the movie as he’s doing it!” What I am is part of the mental process of a creator that can be right or can be wrong, I can’t tell you because I didn’t see the movie. I was surprised when someone from his office called me and said, “Antonio, would you mind if we put you fifth in the poster?” I said, “I AM IN THE MOVIE!” (laughs)
>>
Teresa Palmer: "...they call it 'torpedo' when a character in a cast comes and gets thrown into the scene and the other actor doesn’t know that character is going to be put in the scene. That’s just the little experiment they do," Palmer explained. "So the end of when I was supposed to go home, Terence asked me, 'What are you doing the rest of the day?' I was like 'Nothing, nothing at all.' And then he was like, 'Would you like to stay and we’ll make you a torpedo.' So I ended up torpedoing into these scenes with Christian Bale and then that continued on for the next eight days. So I was brought back and this character became a bigger character and I got to improvise and it was just a funny, sassy character that’s different from a lot of the other characters that I’ve seen in some of Terry’s past films."

So, it sounds like a neat idea, but what is it like to be on the receiving end of that method? Well, Bale tells The London Evening Standard that he actually had no idea that Palmer was even an actress.

“Even when they were actors, Terry would still tell me they weren’t,” he said. “We were filming in a strip club, and Teresa Palmer’s there in her little silver hotpants and I’m asking her how long she’d been dancing for? Does she enjoy it? What got her into it? I had no idea that she was an actress until about a week after working with her. Suddenly I saw a billboard with her face on it and I went ‘What?’”

“I didn’t know where we were half the time,” Bale added. “Terry would go ‘That looks good, let’s stop. Go and talk to that bloke’. Sometimes the bloke was an actor; sometimes not.”

“Everyone else always got more material than I did. Terry called it ‘torpedoing’,” the actor continued. “I never got any pages at all. I would just arrive and he would say, ‘Deal with it and see what happens’.”
>>
"I shot one day on 'Knight Of Cups,' and I had a 17-page monologue. And Christian Bale, who I was playing opposite—who had a lot of lines that would lead me into the next three pages—he hadn't seen his pages. So when we started shooting, he'd just walk off, and I'd be chasing him saying all this stuff, when he was actually the one who was supposed to be interested, and that's the reason that I was talking," Kinnaman explained. "And then into page nine of my monologue, I'd turn around and see Terry like a 150 yards away shooting some pink dog running around. It was indeed a very interesting experience. I have no idea what that film is."
>>
>>64248784

Please, please let this be real. Source?
>>
>>64246443
Why does anyone need to express anything new? Are you one of those babbies who cries about >muh originality
>>
>>64249254
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/631131-cs-interview-antonio-banderas-talks-the-33-and-terrence-malick#/slide/1
>>
>>64249337
>http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/631131-cs-interview-antonio-banderas-talks-the-33-and-terrence-malick#/slide/1

Uhueuheuhuhehue, fucking Malick, man.
>>
>>64246443
he doesn't want to be original he want's to be good
>>
>>64247596

kek
>>
>The reclusive filmmaker's experimental techniques were in full force while filming his latest project, now titled Knight of Cups. Actor Christian Bale weighed in on the unusual methods of filming that the critically acclaimed director employed.

>"Start of the day, I'd sometimes be given just two pages of dialogue. I call it dialogue now, but it had barely any lines for me. It was just filled with all these philosophical excerpts - Heidegger, Kierkegaard - all that good stuff. And then there'd be notes in Terry's handwriting - "Feel the Joy", Joy with a capital J, and "Cosmic rapture in the moment!". And then when I'd be in the middle of a 10 minute take, improvising all of my lines, I'd look up and see Terry shooting the squirrels. And they'd scurry all over his feet, into his hands, up his legs, all over him. Once a couple of sparrows landed on his hat and I said to him, "Terry, there are birds on your head!" and he replied, "I know, isn't it just a wonderful day?""
>>
File: download.jpg (96 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
96 KB, 680x478
>>64249715
B A S E D
T
E
R
R
Y
>>
>>64249981
That pic reminds me, was Malick ever arrested for causing the Waco explosion?
>>
File: Hershlag& Fassbender at UT .webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hershlag& Fassbender at UT .webm
3 MB, 1280x720
torrent?
>>
>>64250771
Is Fassy just constantly humping stuff. even air?
>>
>>64251012
fassy is love
>>
>>64250771
Shit, what did Fassbender say to her?
>>
>>64250771
>>64251517
you wanna do a line and suck my cock?
>>
>>64250771
German Blu-Ray releases in 2 weeks. It has english audio. People will probably rip it.
>>
>>64251954
Damn, you're right
>>
File: Hershlags Screen test.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hershlags Screen test.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64251954
:D
>>
File: nazi colon three.gif (563 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
nazi colon three.gif
563 KB, 374x354
>>64252081
Source?
>>
File: B&W Hershlag.webm (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
B&W Hershlag.webm
3 MB, 1600x900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUgXV8HpeYM
>>
>>64247596
Why is Malick so stuck up and pretentious? All he has to do is a simple interview, nothing more.
>>
>>64250771
>>64251517
>>64251769
>the look in...
Actually applies to Fassbender
>>
>>64252305
Thanks <3
>>
lol, malick is such a fucking hack
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.