[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Adventures of Tintin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
What did you think of this film
Did it do the source material justice

Is the next one (Prisoners of the Sun) going to be any good now that Hackson is going to direct it
>>
I don't think we're getting a second one bruh
>>
I really liked it. It was light hearted, fun, georgeous, and well-written. A shame it didn't do better just because it didn't have a Marvel logo on it.
>>
>>64245202
What makes you say that? I'm pretty sure they announced a trilogy of Tintin films initially, definitely two with Peter Jackson directing the second one.
The third I'm not sure. But definitely two
>>
>>64244262

completely missed the subtlety and reserved storytelling intelligence of Herge's books. A Hollywood bastardisation.

Looked good though.
>>
>1930s
>Hergé creates Tintin
>comic known for it's even line weight, restrained use of detail and restrained flat colors
>sparked a whole artistic style based on these principles called ligne claire (clarity of line)
>2010s
>Peter Jackson makes Tintin movie
>make a mindless action movie
>make all the characters excessively detailed so they look like grotesque monsters
Bravo, Hackson
>>
>>64245661
I was annoyed that the movie basically made a mish mash of various comic books, combining stories and characters and motivations of those characters, but that's a given that you're always going to sacrifice some of the source material

I enjoyed the artistic style and action set pieces. If you want a copy of the comic books, there's the Adventures of Tintin cartoon. Also, pic related was a really neat callback
>>
Movie was brilliant from beginning to end.
>>
>>64245946
The cartoon is terrible. It's basically impossible to adopt this source material into an different medium.
>>
>>64246018
if it's impossible why do you get mad when people try?
>>
>>64246018
But it's literally a clone of the comics, both visually and plot-wise. Granted, the experience isn't as good but I always enjoyed watching the cartoon a lot. I thought it did a good job recreating the material in a different format

(I own the series on dvd, I think it's a nice addition to the comic books)
>>
It was great - just too long.
>>
>>64245445
All the news for the sequel is old news and the first wasn't successful enough to demand a follow up. Also after the way The Hobbit turned out I don't think Jackson is eager to push out another adaptation of a classic.

>>64245946
The animated series never did it for me but I loved the movie. I guess I was fine with this adaptation since it gave me that classic adventure movie feeling that feels so rare. In that way it was much better than I expected when I heard they were making a Tintin movie.
>>
>>64244262

I saw it and enjoyed it but it just felt a bit hollow... I couldn't put my finger on it but something was missing
>>
File: herge_rackham.jpg (66 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
herge_rackham.jpg
66 KB, 500x344
I didn't like how they skipped most of the actual treasure hunting from the comic book, especially the shark submarine and finding the Unicorn
>>
the worst fucking thing about this film is the dog shit soundtrack that williams did
>>
>>64246351
It really reminded of Raiders of the lost ark in that sense
>>
>>64246480

that's for the next film, which will presumably be partially based on Red Rackham's Treasure and introduce Prof Calculus. did you not see the ending of the Spielberg film where they find the coordinates to the wreck of the Unicorn in the secret room in Marlinspike Hall? In the original comics that scene occurred at the end of Red Rackham's Treasure after they'd gone to the wreck and found no treasure (then they find the treasure in the secret room at the Hall) but it was definitely moved to the end of this film as an 'iconic' sequel hook rather than an ending. Next film will involve the wreck of the Unicorn and Calculus' shark submarine, though how they'll end it or how they'll mix it in with another of Herge's books like they did in the 2011 film (mix between The Crab with the Golden Claws and The Secret of the Unicorn) I have no idea. Maybe The Calculus Affair?

I just want them to either adapt the Prisoners of the Sun two-parter or the Moon voyage ones, because those are my favourites. Blue Lotus is also great but it's probably out of the picture now because it was pre-Haddock.
>>
>>64246887

Let me doorframe this post I just made with: Every time I say 'next film will include this' etc., it probably should be 'next film would have included this' etc.
>>
>>64246887
>sequel

yeah right
>>
File: Prisoners-of-Sun-inca-dream.jpg (188 KB, 2195x765) Image search: [Google]
Prisoners-of-Sun-inca-dream.jpg
188 KB, 2195x765
>>
File: Tibet-crash-site.jpg (451 KB, 2284x2300) Image search: [Google]
Tibet-crash-site.jpg
451 KB, 2284x2300
>>
>Euro Cape Shit

Except literally nobody cares about their shitty comic book heroes
>>
File: Cigars-of-Pharaoh-plane-crash.jpg (436 KB, 2242x1536) Image search: [Google]
Cigars-of-Pharaoh-plane-crash.jpg
436 KB, 2242x1536
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.