[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Production Budget: $37 million >Worldwide gross: $26,250,020
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: alohaposter2015.jpg (359 KB, 2161x1657) Image search: [Google]
alohaposter2015.jpg
359 KB, 2161x1657
>Production Budget: $37 million
>Worldwide gross: $26,250,020

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>64237152
Saw it in IMAX, was a 9/10 no kidding.
>>
>>64237152
kinda morbidly curious to see this even though all the trailers make it seem like the most boring film in the world.

I really liked We Bought A Zoo. Like, it was one of my favorite films that year.
>>
>>64237152
What happened was it looked like one of those "filler" movies that just take up room in a cinema for something else.
>>
>>64237152
Is this any good? It looks like another romcom/slice-of-life but so was "About Time" and I really liked it.
>>
I was lukewarm on this the first time but thought the critics were way too harsh on it. It's unabashedly cheesy, which is hard to swallow when every movie these days prides itself on being cynical. I caught it again on tv the other day and decided to watch it due to the Christmas connection, and I realized it's straight up a good movie. If you can't enjoy an above-average written romantic comedy set in Hawaii with Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams as the love interests and supporting roles from Bill Murray, Alec Baldwin, and Danny McBride then there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>64237152
Never heard of it. It looks like fucking shit for gays and women..
>>
>>64237152
Whitewashing happened
>>
>>64237687
to be fair most things are haram in your culture.
>>
>>64237544
If you like About Time chances are you'll like Aloha too. Although I've recommended both to people and they are far more receptive of the former than the latter. It's a little more nuanced than About Time but just as sappy.
>>
>>64237698
Nobody in the real world cares about that tho.
>>
File: Cameron Crowe.jpg (43 KB, 669x401) Image search: [Google]
Cameron Crowe.jpg
43 KB, 669x401
>>64237152
Sony killed it
>>
>>64237698
>>64237792
I think the butthurt over the fact that a character's grandparents' ethnicities weren't exactly the same as the actor playing her is one of the worst examples of our outrage culture, especially when Emma Stone particularly doesn't fit into any ethnic stereotypes I can think of.
>>
>>64237963
this woman is a maniac
>>
>>64238015
I know, there is no hope for our culture when we let blatant idiots dictate creative decisions.
>>
>Written and Directed by Cameron Crowe

It's right down there, bro.
>>
>>64237963
>Fastbenser
>>
>>64237963

seriously what the fuck is wrong with that woman?
>>
>>64237979
She fits into ayy lmao stereotype
>>
>>64237152
>Worldwide
I'm from Spain and I've never heard of this film
>>
>another shitty movie with shitty triple A actors
>>
>>64238718
Take a look at what movies are being critically praised these days. This movie wasn't. That alone makes it worth checking out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.