[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born and raised on jakku >can pilot a ship (at least luke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (137 KB, 1535x928) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
137 KB, 1535x928
>born and raised on jakku
>can pilot a ship (at least luke mentioned he is a good pilot and can hit womp rats while flying)
>knows how the millennium falcon operates better than Han
>can understand robots and wookies
>
>somehow is an expert at lightsabre duels and defeats trained sith in her first lightsabre fight

other:
>le star killer base is just a larger death star
>finn and everyone can see the republic planets getting destroyed when they are light years away
>kylo doesn't even force push/choke finn in their fight and almost loses

thanks jj abrams for making the same quality shit as cloverfield and star trek
>>
do the lack of replies suggest /tv/ agrees that TFA wasn't very good?

i'd give it a 7/10
>>
>>64236830
this is the consensus viewpoint outside of the sites that are being actively moderated to prevent shitposting. you can tell that the fans of the movie don't care about it that much either, they're just stuck on "it was fun 8/10 btw my ratings are meaningless XD"
>>
While there were a ton of conveniences for the sake of plot, I thought it was a solid 7.5/10. i ran to the bathroom right after the movie and fapped to Rey
>>
>>64236193
Its not known if she was born on Jakky. We are only told that she is abandoned.
As a scavanger its very possible that she knows how to fly things
she knows a lot about luke and han, so its possible she knows about the falcon too. i mean the damn thing did sit there for years. maybe she just didnt know that that was it, or that it was just another ship with teh same model.
as a scavanger surrounded by lots of droids she should well damn learn to understand it.
and for all you know wookie are the beaners of space and that everyone who is a scavanger nows the language.
>>
>>64236890
Pretty much everyone is like it is fun and might be better than jedi. Most people aren't saying it is on part with IV or V and the jedi argument is debatable. The thing is people aren't talking about all the good stuff but are fixated on the problems. So I think once the next movie comes out people will kind of be able to put this movie in a better form of context.
>>
>>64236193
Wouldn't surprise me if Rey will go the Asuka Langley way:

At some point she will fuck up horribly and lose every self-confidence she had then something happens and she will kick asses again...

(if the authors give a shit about making her an interesting character...)
>>
>>64236975
hey han I was able to do the one thing that you were never able to do with your ship. Aren't I super cool. I also can speak to chewie just like you.
>>
>>64237074
But she already beat the Darth Vader of this trilogy. It just wouldn't work to well.
>>
>>64237151
just like i said

>implying the authors give a shit about making her an interesting character...

she beat the sith emo bitch but there are other ways she can fuck up

i would not bet money on it but it wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>64237151
>luke and anakin get their asses rekt and lost a limb in their first duels
>Ray wins her first duel without getting a scratch

why are female characters always like this?
>>
>>64237108
Of all the Mary sue characteristics to complain about, fixing the ship is probably the least far fetched. It's explicitly stated that the compressor was an aftermarket mod made by Simon Pegg, likely with parts scavenged by Rey. Plus she sees the damn thing every day, on her way back from combing through spacecraft for working components...
>>
>>64236193
>Born on Jakku
Wrong
>Can pilot a ship
She has practiced in simulators; she clearly mentions this to Finn after they get away from the TIE fighters
>Knows how the MF works better than Han
Because Alien Simon Pegg added a bunch of modifications without Han's permission
>Can understand robots and wookies
I'll give you wookies, but she lives in a scrapyard. She's encountered enoufh droids to know their language.
>Expert at dueling
Except she was shit and only won because Kylo was weakened.

2/10 shit bait
>>
>>64236975
>>64237401
>>64238536
it doesn't matter WHY she is perfect at everything. what matters is that it makes for a boring character with no room for development.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.